1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bus Stop 2013 North down to Gold Coast Convoy Plans.

Discussion in 'The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2013' started by 68BUS, Jan 15, 2013.

1. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

Hey folks,
    I know there is a 'Time to start PLanning' Thread but it is going to get very messy if all the convoy plans are on there in one muddle.
    So I have started this one to commence discussions:words: about the convoy from the north down to sunshine coast. I am happy to edit this post as plans develop.

So I will kick it off and maybe people can chime in till we establish how far north it starts and then we can go for timeing from there.

I am in Brisbane. I dare say there will be a few of us from around here that will want to convoy. Likely there will be a convoy collection at Bribie. Can anyone think of a good place to meet closure down to Brissy that is not far off the freeway? There is always BP at Staplton but that leaves a very short convoy for the Brisbanites.:confused:

2. jennifer lane

jennifer lane Member

What about a convoy fromthe Nullabor 4 LONGNECK AN JENI,ha ha,hAPPY Convoying miss u QLD Mob..

3. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

Okay - So the Nullabor is a winner. Were going to have to plan this timing real good like:lol:

4. paul77

paul77 Well-Known Member

How about where the tambourine convoy met up, at the shell service station, cross Street, belmont near old cleveland road and adjacent to the gateway?

5. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

I went straight to Tambo so I did not go there. If it worked an was easy on and easy off then maybe a good option.

6. DakDak67

DakDak67 Guest

Brad, i know of a few folk who will go to Al's for the day, I'll ask them if they what their plans are.

7. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

I am one of them. If the Sunday convoy does not go there I think a morning surf followed by lunch down there will be my choice of events.

8. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Didnt get to the last one so Al's definately on the list.

9. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

Not sure if he will let a bay driver in Col:wtf:
    Might make an exception for you though mate. Being a painting guru and all.

10. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Hes not prej

Nice fellow gave me a stubby cooler at the drags:p

11. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

Hmmmm. I want a Das Cooler to I think. I will have to be really nice to him whilst I eat as many of his free sausages as I can:lol:

12. Joy Kombi Wolfsburg

Joy Kombi Wolfsburg Well-Known Member

Jeni,
    I promise to have the old girl there, and Tangles might be heading back across the Nullabor for this one. Knowing him, though, you may have to leave next week!!!!

Anne-Marie

13. jennifer lane

jennifer lane Member

Hi, Congrat,s on the reno,Looks great, Mine is in Perth having engeerning,Than panel an paint,an auto electrics,so b out here on Nullabor 4 a while.Sad without Longneck.Have lot,s fun on the cruise.Cheers Jeni.

14. JayBone

JayBone Member

Brad, I'm interested in joining this convoy, the Shell servo at cross street is a good place to meet for Brisbane people :)

15. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

There has not been to much interest as yet.
    I.was just going to cruise down solo about midday. Couldnt decide if I should.drive straight to the beach then come back after or not.

16. DaisyGirl

DaisyGirl Guest

What do you mean Brad? Do mean you can't decide whether to just stay at the beach permanently or come to the Busstop? Geminis can be so :confused: sometimes - Liss

17. paul77

paul77 Well-Known Member

And if you do actually decide to join us at the bus stop Brad I should be there about 4pm to help set up the tarp. In fact I feel like I already there in spirit, not much getting achieved here at work:rolleyes:

18. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

No tarp for us mate. The Marquee needs two or three to set up but only takes 5 minutes. :) Hopefully done by the time your there.
    Liss - I will definately turn up. Just not sure in what order. If traffic is easter-ish then I will be getting off the freeway asap!

BTW - Anita was a bit jealous of the Brie and Smoked Salmon I brought home last night for my 'Roughing It' camping suppplies considering she has not been able to eat it for 8 months:lol:

19. DaisyGirl

DaisyGirl Guest

So Paul is bringing the coffee and you are bring dinner so really I don't need to bring any supplies :p

PS I will be bringing heaps of free range eggs from our chooks cause we have such an abundance, ready for those hangover fry ups, so if that was on you list you can now cross it out!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2013
  20. DakDak67

DakDak67 Guest

I'll try to get down Sat arvo for a catchup with a few during the free time period, even if it's just for a cruise about the place. I have commitments on Sunday but would still like to see a few friendly faces ..