Bus Stop 2014 Convoy Plans

Discussion in 'The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2014' started by ruby6689, Dec 29, 2013.

1. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

It's time to start putting in for holiday leave and planning the drive to Griffith.
    What day will the Newcastle/ Sydney crew be setting off? Is there an overnight stop planned? We are a day further away but would love to hook up with anyone else travelling down.
    Any plans/ thoughts?

2. Ninga

Ninga Well-Known Member

If you choose the coast road as opposed to inland, you could always stop in at Tumut. We have a beautiful caravan park here. :)

Chrissy.

3. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

How would you feel about stopping near Goulburn on the Thursday night? That would leave us approx 380kms to do on the Friday - kombi time would be about 5 hours drive.

Lorraine, would you leave Wednesday, stay at Bonny Hills (or anywhere else) on Wednesday night, travel on Thursday morning, meeting up with Newcastle members maybe lunchtime, then travel on through Sydney to Goulburn and camp thereabouts on Thursday night? This is just a suggestion at this stage, of course.

4. ruby6689

Sounds like a good plan, at least I have somewhere to start now. Of course Andy has been told no time off allowed over Easter again but well see about that! They owe him BIG time for all the extra days he has had to put in during all the music festivals up here near Byron no pay or time of to compensate it's time they were reminded.

5. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

Goulburns a good place to stop near ;)

6. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

O'night at Goulburn sounds good to me.....Bernie, have any recommendations re-camping grounds / caravan parks ?

7. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Goulburn not that far for me. We are doing the straight run Thursday morning with a few stops along the way to keep Bubs happy. Breaky at Goulburn maybe, Lunch at Harden/Murrumburrah or the like. Wont be quick but should be an easy run. Happy to have more join us, plan to leave My Place at Narellan early though.

8. saabman

There is two caravan parks in goulburn - north and South. I understand that the north one is a bit more up market - but we are talking about goulburn :lol: I know people that have stated at the south one and survived. It changed owners not long ago and appears to have improved a bit ;)

I'll do a bit of a reccy and let you know what I find.

9. saabman

Oh if your looking for food in goulburn DONT go to the paragon. I know it is considered a bit of an institution but.....

I wouldn't eat there and the owners are as rude as.....

10. melissa

Thanks Bernie, that would be appreciated :)

11. saabman

For those planning on stopping in Goulburn enroute Griffith

I popped into governors hill caravan park the otherday and it's certainly the nicer of the 2 in town though they have limited powered sites. Be worth while to give them a call to book a spot.
    http://m.big4.com.au/park/governors-hill-carapark

I'll get out to the south Goulburn park tomorrow

12. peace_fam

peace_fam Member

Anyone planning a Convoy from Melbourne? Thinking of going halfway Thursday Night and arriving at Griffith in Friday.

C U Soon
    Sharon

13. ruby6689

Melissa - Can you please book Goulburn for Andy and myself, Nick and Andrew and Lyn & Paul. Not sure if Col is convoying down with us?
    Can I suggest we meet the Newcastle/Central Coast crew at that same Service Centre (Tuggerah?) at say 10.30am rather than midday then met up with the Sydney guys somewhere that we can get lunch and head off. Please advise of a Sydney meeting spot, I know we have met at a service centre south of Sydney before but don't know if it is still there or roads have changed.

Col - can you please let us know if you need a campsite at Goulburn?

If there are any other members wanting to join the cruise North of Newcastle please let me know and I will make a time and place to meet. Also please let Melissa know if you need a booking for Goulburn.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  14. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Thanks Lorraine.
    No decisions yet [surprise]and may do a quick run the inland route so no bookings for me and Ill wing it .
    thanks
    col

15. melissa

Got it Lorraine. Meeting at 10.30 will be great, means we get through Sydney before the end of work traffic.
    I think we might have met at Pheasants Nest before = pretty sure that is still there.

16. jobell

jobell Active Member

Hello - what route are you taking out of Goulburn Melissa and Lorraine and anyone else in the convoy? Down the Hume Highway and onto the Lachlan Valley Way? Not sure on what day I'm going to travel through, but if it ties in and that's your route I might lie in wait for you at the Yass Service Centre and join you. Got to check which night I booked from at the caravan park in Griffith first though!

17. melissa

Joanne,
    Googlemaps says Burley Griffin Way - does that help? I am pretty sure we would be able to meet you at Yass.

Now for anyone else that wants to travel with us, I have booked spots at Govenors Hill Caravan Park at Goulburn. If you are interested in joining us for Thursday night, then travelling on to Griffith on Friday, all you have to do is call them and grab a spot. It's only $34 for a night (powered site). Much better than trying to do it in 1 day. Join us :)

18. jobell

jobell Active Member

Thanks Melissa. Seeing as I can't pick the right road off Google Maps :eek:I think I had better make sure I join you guys in the convoy! Where shall I lie in wait? The Yass Service Centre, or at the turn off to Burley Griffin Way? What time will you be leaving Goulburn do you think?

19. melissa

If we leave Goulburn at 9am, how long before we get to the Yass service Centre?

20. jobell

jobell Active Member

Probably about an hour. I should know, I used to live out that way! I don't think I've ever done that particular run in the kombi though.