1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bus Stop 2014 Convoy Plans

Discussion in 'The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2014' started by ruby6689, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Ninga

Ninga Well-Known Member

Hey Mel and Joanne, your turn off will be about 10ks past the Yass service centre and it's the turn off to Harden/Temora (Burley Griffin Way). The trek from Goulburn to Yass takes Vera about 1.20hrs (we cruise at about 90 - 100ks). Hope that helps a little...:D

Chrissy.

2. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Chrissy.. So aim for 10.20 - 10.30am Joanne, we won't leave without you.

3. jobell

jobell Active Member

I'll be at the turnoff, or a couple of metres past depending on where there is room to sit.

4. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Why don't you all aim to do a quick pitstop at the large Yass servo just after 10am....huge car park, to pick up Jobell, and any other convoy joiners?

Safer than the turn-off down the road...........just a thought.:rolleyes:

5. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

Regard the trip from Melbourne, we get there on Tuesday morning, and are thinking of going up through Bendigo. Hoping to meet cup with the Melbourne crew somewhere on the way for Thursday night.

Adrian

6. jobell

jobell Active Member

Yass Service Centre rendezvous then? It will provide a chance for a refreshment/facilities stop for those that need it. Can't wait. So looking forward to getting away!

7. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Sounds good. Yass service centre it is.

8. Grantus

Was just a posted suggestion from moi, Jo.

I think you need a reply from Madam Mel and the charging southbound northeners, that they agree to pit stop first, and not just pass you by rushing to the turnoff, while you sip a refreshment back up the road.....:lol:

9. Grantus

Ignore above slowly typed post ^^^^^^^^ :wtf:

10. jobell

jobell Active Member

I'm not too fussed, happy to fit in with what suits. As it is I am likely not to be in the kombi but lurking in bushes beside the road somewhere and filming them as they whizz past! Miss D will find her way to Griffith one way or the other.

11. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Ok, so we'll be heading to Canberra on Wednesday - ( o'night at my mother's) - & plan to o'night at Yass or Harden on Thursday.
    We'll catch up with you folks on the way into Griffith on Friday hopefully !
    Can't wait.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  12. Grantus

Have you got time to drop out Wed afternoon, for a pre dinner drink, or even stay for dinner? Most welcome for either, or both.

Gerry & Robyn are due around 4pm for dinner & to camp here Wed night as well.

13. oldman

Thanks for the invite Grant !! I'll put to to the organising committee & get back to you.
    Plan is that Sue wants to view an exhibition in Canberra on Thursday...not sure which one :eek: - ( I'm told that I'm a cultural neanderthal...:lol:) - find somewhere nice for dinner & overnight towards Griffith somewhere. Just been looking at Harden....looks like a nice spot. Still very fluid at the moment.

14. Grantus

Keep it fluid Mark....

My movements on Wed are in Woden most of the day, installing a dental reception area, and plan to be finished and home by 4pm, (anything further needs doing can wait till Thursday), so I'll be contactable on the mobile that day.

See how you go, and if you feel thirsty or hungry, feel free to drop by with only a moments notice....:)

15. oldman

Cheers Grant, I have your number & will be in touch.