1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bus stop 2014 - easter - location griffith

Discussion in 'The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2014' started by ruby6689, Apr 19, 2013.

1. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Doody, put us down along with Nick & Andrew (Billy Boy). Thanks for organising the bus it makes things so much easier.

2. Kombijos

Kombijos Member

A message to BJ Way and anyone else who will be in Griffith over Easter for the Kombi Club Bus Stop 2014 and not staying at the Griffith Caravan Village.
    Could you please ring Peter at ( 02 ) 69621817 to indicate if you would be attending:-
    1. The free " meet and greet " sausage sizzle at the Griffith Caravan village @ 6pm Friday 18th April.
    2. Coffee and cake at the Lake - Lake Wyangan @ 3.30pm Saturday 19th April.
    3.The fancy dress dinner, theme " Spaghetti Western " at the Griffith Leagues Club ( Southside ) from 6pm Saturday 19th April
    4. Bus from the Caravan Park to the Club and return.
    5. Name (s) you would like on your Kombi Club badge.

3. johnbig

johnbig New Member

Hi Melissa and Nathan, I have been down to Canberra and Melbourne since I was on this forum last so I'll just do a blanket reply.
    For Griffith I am picking my son Greg up in Canberra on the thursday and travelling to Griffith so we will be well rested when all the reprobates arrive on good friday.(I have never worked out what was good about it except the holiday).
    I will try not to be old and grumpy this year. Mick and Dave will be a day behind I think.

Johnbig

4. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Thanks John,
    we will see you there. Looking forward to it! :)

5. Kombijos

Kombijos Member

I have been out to see Pearl & Keith at the Griffith Caravan Village and yes powered sites have all been booked. Several sites MAY be available later depending whether some people already in the park decide to stay for Easter or not.
    Camp sites ( no Power ) are still available, and a couple of cabins are also available.

6. Necro

Necro Active Member

Hi Doody, my name is Necro and I will be coming with my Partner Jedda and my three year old River...for the badges...we will be going to dinner and the cruise, should we pay for that now...? or just book...? Also River, was born via teleconference at bus stop, three years ago. This year his Birthday coincides with Bus Stop again. So we will probably try and get a cake sorted, which could be tricky while camping. He wants a cake shaped like Mater from Cars which could be even more tricky. Do we know how many kids will be there on the monday so we can sort out some lolly bags and nibblies for them? Which makes me wonder do they have an oven in the campkitchen or just a bbq...it could mean birthday pancakes instead of cake...and does it intefere with any other plans to have a kids party...?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  7. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Necro style kids party could be good spectator sport :lol:

8. jennifer lane

jennifer lane Member

Hi All,I will not b able 2 make it,Longneck is still in Beyond Customs in Perth.I have a ensuite site booked at Griffith,I have paid one nite.Which u can have,pm me an i will arrange change of name.Cheers Jeni

9. ruby6689

Thanks Jeni, PM sent.

After speaking to Peter last night it seems that the Park has lost the booking I made for our friends Nick and Andrew, could you please hold your site for them till I ring Keith and Pearl this morning.

Shame you won't be making it, it's been a long while since we caught up. I hope you get to see the guys heading across to Perth.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  10. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Nice Work John, I am Heading in Thursday as well, will a number of Baby & Wife friendly stops along the way we may bump into each other.

11. ruby6689

All good, Nick and Andrew were on the list.:)

I have swapped my site for Jeni's ensuite site. Jeni, please contact the caravan park as they want to refund your deposit.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  12. Ninga

Ninga Well-Known Member

I'm a little confused groovers. I rang the caravan village a while back and was told that they would put me down for a powered site and would get back to me in the future. After not hearing from them, I thought it best to contact them only to find our name hadn't been recorded. Keith told me today that I would be put down for a campsite (and maybe a powered site if the electricians connected the power by Easter) as there were no powered sites left. I also enquired about payment and he said they were only taking deposits for powered sites.

Has anyone paid a deposit? I'd like to be a little organised before arriving.

Chrissy.

13. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

I have paid a deposit for a cabin

14. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Hey Chrissy, I paid a deposit on an En-suite site & had an e-mail confirmation sent after I asked for it.

15. ruby6689

Just rang the park for clarification. They have a list of people wanting powered sites so any cancellations will go to those on the list and the paid deposits will be refunded to the person cancelling.

They asked if we could hold off till the end of the week as they need to allocate the sites and see what powered sites are left. They are also trying their best to make sure that all the Kombi Club are together. Please cut them a bit of slack, this would not be an easy job as everyone has booked at different times throughout the year.

They will allow you to share a site and charge the 2nd one as a camp site only, no power, as there is only one power socket per site but you can run a cord off your friends kombi.:)
    Chrissy this may be the best option for you as you are only wanting 2 nights and they have a minimum 3 night stay over the Easter period.

They also have long term campers who work in the area but could be vacating for the Easter period which will free up more sites.

CLEAR AS MUD.......I'm sure we will all be accommodated.

16. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Booking sorted, just paid our $40.00 x 2 into Peter's account, just counting down the days now !! :cool:

17. ruby6689

Also paid.:) Anyone who hasn't been contacted by Peter in the next couple of days re the $40.00 for Dinner/Bus etc should maybe give Peter a call ‪( 02 ) 69621817‬

Peter is trying to match real names with KC forum names on the caravan Park booking list, this could be a nightmare, believe me I've been there tried to do that. I have been a member here for 9 years and still get confused :umm:

18. Ninga

Ninga Well-Known Member

Thanks Lorraine for clarifying that. I was getting a little concerned, mainly because I didn't want to show up have and nowhere to stay with our little Gracie. I also wasn't informed of the minimum stay, so I am indeed grateful. I owe you a beer for that :)

Cheers,
    Chrissy

19. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Thought I should confirm our booking made long time ago. No response to email. Will try telephone thingy. Don't know why you would advertise an email contact then don't service it. Whoops! Should have put in What Pisses Me Off Thread??

20. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Rang Peter today and confirmed my booking, although didn't consider Bubs for the bus to the club, whats the rules there anyone? if its a seatbelt type coaster I'm guessing I have to take the Kombi and behave myself but if its a traditional style bus no belts do I hold her on my lap. not the safest option though?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014