1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bus stop 2014 - easter - location griffith

Discussion in 'The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2014' started by ruby6689, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Ninga

Ninga Well-Known Member

Hi Peter, just transferred money from 'Massey.'
    Lovely to chat to you. Thanks again. :D

Chrissy.

2. john doherty

john doherty Well-Known Member

:cool:Hi Peter,

Have left a message on your answering machine confirming my attendance at the soirée on Saturday night. The polite notes on screen indicate payment in advance is required. Can you p.m. or in some other manner indicate how I might convey required funds to you. I am very much looking forward to revelling in the fruits of yours and Doody's travails.
    As D-Day approaches, daily thoughts of Kombi hugs, big smiles and poor jokes that will transform in that short window, into great hilarity….Intrude into my otherwise emotionally constipated day.
    JD in Adelaide:cool:

3. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Does that translate to ......bus stop gives you the sh#ts.
    ?

4. john doherty

Mr Cbus,

It is truly a rare occasion, and even in that event, would I rarely concede,…… That I am truly at a loss for words. You have broached both barriers……… Visualise this if you may…….Just finished an opinion (two volumes to the brief, a bit of case law and some textbook references) dictating like a fishmonger's wife e.g. babbling away into the Dictaphone, when I do what I do on a regular basis this close to bus stop… Flick onto the forum….Orb your classy entry and in an unhappy juxtaposition of timing e.g. a mouthful of coffee,………… snort coffee over the screen and a very expensive textbook.
    You owe me a cup of coffee and dry-cleaning on a white shirt you irreverent sod!

Your observation may well be the anatomical appropriate response from Grays Anatomy, but you miss my sensitive and spiritual leanings……….Although on reflection, perhaps those aspects to my personality may not be readily obvious.

Let the minutes show that what I was trying to say…….In my eternally emotionally neutral and at times very grey, existence, this time of year e.g. the prelude to our annual gathering, the thought of a road trip (on my Pat Malone but with very loud music,) the prospect of getting some fabulous hugs from Lorraine Melissa Judy et al, catching up with a constellation of other beautiful people, seeing some fabulous rides all contemporaneously with consumption of alcohol/food and frivolous espirit de corps fills me with the most irrational joy.
    There are so many people with whom I touch ever so briefly (in cyberspace) over the year, that one yearns for something more substantial……….?

And of course, your contribution amidst my spiritual and emotional considerations is confined to……… the state of my bowels…… or is it the excessive functioning of my bowels. Truly col…….You are a work in progress!

We will of course complete this diatribe on a more appropriate face-to-face dialogue, preferably over a stiff drink…….And delightfully…… Very soon!
    I remain yours,
    faithfully and constipated
    JD in Adelaide

N.b. thank you Lorraine for the PM and apologies to moderators while you are considering what to do with this borderline post.:cool:

5. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Crickey JD. You must get exhausted..

6. peace_fam

peace_fam Member

Putting pen to paper (or should I say tapping at my keyboard) as I compose my essay for Uni for submission before departing for Bus Stop. My mind is wandering to the frivolities in store, costume to be constructed and items to pack (which wine), distracting me from suitably boring prose on clinical risk management. Also waiting for the verdict on Road Runners brakes as she sits in the mechanics, preventing me from procrastinating further and commencing packing.

Looking forward to our departure and meeting friends of folly at Bus Stop once again.

7. john doherty

Exhaustion is a state of mind , Al pal

As I lost my mind sometime last century, the observation while relevant to other normally functioning human beings, is otiose in respect of myself.
    In respect to a yearning for hugs…… I include you and Carol although clearly if put to a choice, Carol is the more preferable!
    JD:cool:

8. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

Hello Peter. Just transferred money for the events. Sorry for the delay.

JD. Another brilliant couple of posts to get me in Bus Stop mood:lol:

Aime.

9. Tangles

Tangles Well-Known Member

Cbus,

Best not leave him at a loss for words. He can go on for hours about things that leave him speechless ;)

10. Joy Kombi Wolfsburg

Joy Kombi Wolfsburg Well-Known Member

Let the minutes show that what I was trying to say…….In my eternally emotionally neutral and at times very grey, existence, this time of year e.g. the prelude to our annual gathering, the thought of a road trip (on my Pat Malone but with very loud music,) the prospect of getting some fabulous hugs from Lorraine Melissa Judy et al, catching up with a constellation of other beautiful people, seeing some fabulous rides all contemporaneously with consumption of alcohol/food and frivolous espirit de corps fills me with the most irrational joy.

What about me, JD??? I want a hug too!

11. jobell

jobell Active Member

Put me down for a hug too JD :0)

12. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

From a very quiet adelaide man has now come a big celebrity.

13. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Bugger! Back to the dictionary again..

14. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Nah. Its ok.
    "He's just resting after a prolonged squark."
    [Monty python. Petshop sketch. Norwegian blue.]

15. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

My Dear JD,
    It pleases me much that my humble observation / personal querry has found fertile ground and brought forth an increase in the flora and fauna that inevitably inhabits all keyboards.

apparently some retentive types at bus stop bring their own coffee machines so i will endevour to surreptitiously aquire a hot and steamy[Im refering to coffee here ] sample and have it delivered to your esteemed person ,poste haste with appropriate circumstance and grovelling.
    I have a white tee shirt emblasoned with 'I love lumberjacks" which ,fortuitously, remains unused and I tender the same as replacement for work attire so unfortunately, and untimely, rendered non pristine.

dura lex sed lex
    col

16. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Oh dear, now we have 2 of those peoples with all those words no one can understand.

17. kombiwomble

kombiwomble Active Member

I have done everything I needed to do - except pack the Kombi, pack clothes, pack kids, think of what to feed said kids, conjure up something that will pass for a costume and traverse 2 states.

I am a little concerned about the durex comment above though!!!!

18. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Al and Brian, stick with me I talk 'Aussie' and not a single text book has passed my hands since the age of seventeen other then those on the bargain book rack that I had to move to get to the Jackie Collins and Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy.

But since meeting JD from Adelaide I keep a dictionary close by.:)

19. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

sheesh ! .....I only look at pictures................ :eek:
    (My experience has been that the coffee machine owners are amongst the most popular at kombi gatherings.....!)

20. john doherty

I am sorry for ambushing what should otherwise be a most joyous thread i.e. the forthcoming annual celebration of all that is good about us (KC-ites) and our bizarre choice of vehicle.
    I readily confess there are many I wish to hug, and I look forward to that opportunity soon.
    BK, there is nothing celebrated about me at all. Anyone who spends a disproportionate amount of their working time wearing a wig, white bands and a black gown is clearly going to have issues.
    The true wordsmiths on this site are people such as Cbus, tangles and the Venerable Al pal (and others) who manage to convey so much in so few words.
    I regret nothing, if I have made some reach for a dictionary or brought a smile to anyone, no matter how fleeting. After 31 years of practice dull habits become deeply ingrained.
    I have made 2 very significant and life changing departures in the last five years, from an otherwise staid and predictable existence.
    I bought a rusty old Kombi and have rebirthed it.
    The Kombi has led me to this club and the last four bus stops. Both events have brought nothing but great pleasure, if not some increased expenditure.
    This time in seven days, I will be on the open road, driving my Kombi, utilising every decibel from my fridge sized amplifier and sub woofer, shedding years, stress and worries, on my way to Griffith.
    It doesn't get much better for me and my gratitude to ewes all is inestimable.
    That is part of the reason why I bring the coffee machine every year and a large supply of pretentious red.
    My last thoughts before the warm embrace of sleep, is aforesaid.

Bring it on!
    JD in Adelaide
    :cool: