1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bus stop 2014 - easter - location griffith

Discussion in 'The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2014' started by ruby6689, Apr 19, 2013.

1. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Hey Andrew, come along if you can......don't worry too much about organisation. Numbers help but are not a determining factor for attendees......as with most o'night VW events, the greater mass of kombis can, & will envelope those that need a place.
    Still gotta share a beer mate !!

2. andrewjdriscoll

andrewjdriscoll Active Member

Thank you Mark,

We did miss that beer at Old Bar. The gravitational pull is becoming overwhelming! Every so often one yields to the inevitable.

AJD

3. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

4. john doherty

john doherty Well-Known Member

:cool:Andrew,

I am very sorry to hear of your trying circumstances.
    At the outset, can I say that your decision to travel to bus stop in Griffith should not in any way be predicated by a concern that arriving unannounced will in some way generate an impost to the club.
    That is exactly what I did four years ago at Mt Gambier.
    I suspect your father may well encourage you to take some time out, if you raised with him.
    If you are to be a strength to those around you, particularly in times of stress and sadness, you are no good being a walking storage facility of grief stress anxiety all sewn together with micro stitches of guilt. "Me time" is an essential release for this build up of angst.
    At the risk of trash talking , if you enjoy road trips in your Kombi, time for personal reflection, very loud music while travelling and then, 72 hours of irresponsible alcohol consumption, late nights, much laughter and the awe of being in the middle of 40 or 50 Kombis all in one campground, then possibly you need to avoid me.
    In every other aspect, the decision is ultimately a matter for you. I should be thrilled to make your acquaintance if you make the trip. You will just need to catch up with me early in the weekend while I can string two sentences together.
    Daughters are proof that your God has a sense of humour. You have two of them!
    God bless with your father
    via con Dios
    JD in Adelaide

5. andrewjdriscoll

andrewjdriscoll Active Member

My dear Mr Doherty,

Thank you for your kind words. Trash talking aside, I feel that I tick all the boxes you raise. I humbly submit, I find it somewhat implausible, that at any stage of intoxication you would struggle to string two sentences together! They may be unintelligible, but I am sure, however, that the verbosity would more than compensate! I will talk to Dad during the week and make a decision closer to the weekend. As to going with God, stand assured that if I had been granted that faith, I would share her wicked sense of humour.
    Once again, your thoughts are appreciated.

AJD

6. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

500 posts and 10973 words!! A new record

7. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

:lol: And about half I understood, my dictionary had to be dusted off right from your 1st post.

8. Squidy

Squidy Well-Known Member

Damn, I so want to come !!!

9. oldman

AWOL Steve.....? :rolleyes:

10. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

3 more days at work and then I can catch up with so many of my fellow kombi tragics!!! :lol:

11. ruby6689

Just do it Steve, 10.30am Thursday, twin Servos Tuggerah.......be there :)

12. Squidy

Squidy Well-Known Member

2 business's , a 3 month old son, mental puppy hmmmm wish it was so easy ! In going to work on it , my be a last minute dash !

13. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Steve, you would be better to meet us at Pheasants Nest or on the side of the highway near Campbelltown instead of backtracking.
    Although I know your puppy and you will need to be super good at talking DJ into it.... ;)

14. oldman

....all of which will be there when you get back...:p
    In reality, if you can make it mate...it'd be a hoot. :cool:

15. ruby6689

Sorry Steve I didn't look at your location:umm:, thanks Melissa. Meet us anywhere just come.:)

16. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Come on Steve, My dogs staying with my dad, Bubs is getting rugged up and a run in the bus, wife in the co-pilot seat (although no piloting will be done) Beer in the esky up the back, some clothes a porta cot and some blankets, we are in.... surely you can sweet talk DJ into it. Right it off as a Tax deduction. Kombi related business trip. scouting wedding locations or something.:p

17. Squidy

Squidy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the encouragement All, will see what I can do !

18. peace_fam

peace_fam Member

Excitement rose this morning with a call from the mechanic that my brakes are fixed!!!! Go to pick up my pride and joy and the battery failed :( Waiting to see if it'll charge by lunch time, otherwise back with a new battery and jerry can of fuel (Only a smidge left in the tank and everyone who remembers Narooma knows my gauge is somewhat questionable). Hopefully I'll have her home by tonight so I can commence preparations for Thursday's departure..

19. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

sounds like a sus battery or some load stillon when parked. Might pay to check it . Brakes ok with just the kit fitted to callipers?

20. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

No running on empty award for you this year ;)