Bus stop 2014 - easter - location griffith

Discussion in 'The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2014' started by ruby6689, Apr 19, 2013.

1. beerdoc

beerdoc Active Member

Peter sorry about late notice but Kaye and myself would like to attend sat night please I can not do transfer on phone I am away with work can do later on week if its cool Sorry again I know what s headache its to organise cherrs Doc

2. peace_fam

peace_fam Member

Rebuilt the calipers; the previous owner seems to have made an attempt but didn't fit the dust cover so dirt got in and wore down the seal. I also had new front discs, pads and wheel bearings sitting around so had them fitted.

They charged the battery for a few hours and she started fine. I have her home and on trickle charge, but will take it off once charged and monitor what happens. As a back up I'm taking my jump start pack and charger to Bus Stop just in case :). I remain ever hopeful.

Was so fun to be behind the wheel again. Bring on Bus Stop :):D

3. peace_fam

peace_fam Member

I hope not!!!! Want to take it over?????

4. douggieboy

douggieboy Active Member

Oh Dear. We have a transmission problem which won't be fixed until next week.
    We ran out of reverse gear and top gear in our ancient automatic just North of Taree and had a tedious 2nd gear drive down to Newcastle on Sunday.
    We will have bale out this year.
    Cheers

5. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Mein Got.. The invisible Herr Doctor. No show at the Jamboree??
    Bro was there!

6. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

Last day before we set off.

Molly's almost packed, poor old girl is going to struggle up those hills! Andy tells me he needs jeans taken up and costume altered. Dogs and cats going to kennel this afternoon it's a three hour round trip, times like these I wished I lived a bit closer to everything. I'm secretly hoping it doesn't fine up as I will then have to mow the block as well.

One more sleep.:)

7. Titch

Titch Active Member

Word from the Riverina. Days are balmy, nights getting very parky (translates as chilly). You might have your love to keep you warm but suggest your fur lined undies may be a help. Frost bitten parts do drop off you know. Happy days. Vincenzo.

8. ruby6689

Thank you Vincenzo, I had better find those Aldi thermals and throw them in too. What is their idea of Balmy? It's been around 30 deg up here until the last couple of days. I'm thinking their balmy could still mean coat to us.:lol:

9. Titch

Titch Active Member

Think around 20/22 degrees. Supposed to be sunny though. Our 40 plus days finished some 3 or 4 weeks ago. It got down to 7 at our place overnight. Very fresh in the paddocks this morning when we were feeding our spoilt alpacas. Methinks your kombi may sag even more with the extra thermals. Cheers, Vincenzo (el magnifico)

10. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

1.5 days of work to go. Then on the Road Thursday..... are we there yet??

11. Roo

Roo Active Member

Yep, it's going to be COOL folks!! 18 & 17 tops for Sat/Sun with lows of 6 on Sunday night... Bring your warm clothes!! No sign of rain though, it's all clear.
    Hoping to make an appearance on the Saturday for a while...

12. john doherty

john doherty Well-Known Member

That's what happens when you have eight arms……….Too many fingers in too many pies.
    Nothing good in life comes easy….Squidy.! Going by the sounds of your commitments, you have been working overtime.
    Every good little cephalopod deserves a break. Throw the sleeping bag in, couple of Mars bars and escape.
    The salt and pepper squid at the Leagues club is to die for!
    Your commitments will remain there….And will still be there on Tuesday and given your industrious nature…… Probably this time next year as well.

Take a break!

Hope to see you there.

JD in Adelaide:cool:

13. Squidy

Squidy Well-Known Member

Thanks JD, I have the green light from the Mrs, if I can make it will be flying solo. Can't leave any earlier than Friday, just need to get the next 2days work sorted, sort out some sort of sleeping contraption and I will load said Mars bars and sleeping bag!
    Praying for fair weather the next couple of days !

14. Kombijos

Kombijos Member

A couple of warnings:-
    Griffith, being a large fruit growing district is a QUARANTINE area. There are fines for bringing fruit into the area. It is not policed very often but being Easter, with a lot of travellers, could be the time it is .
    There will be a big Police presence as it is a Food and WINE Festival, so expect to see RBTs, One of their favourite tricks is to have RBT stations in the morning to catch the one who had a big night the night before, so if you drink DON'T drive.
    Still waiting for some payments for the weekend.
    Regards Peter Josling

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2014
  15. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

F$#K the weather,
    git on yer horse 'n ride !!
    See ya in Griffith Steve......

16. Ninga

Ninga Well-Known Member

I was just about to post about the fruit fly exclusion zones Peter and thanks for the warnings mate. We have had a few trips out that way where we ended up sitting on the side of the road with bellies full of fruit after forgetting about the zone. :D

We are so excited about the weekend! Vera isn't at her peak at present but we are confident that with the amazing knowledge that will be present at Griffith, we will almost certainly have a few problems resolved before the weekend is through. We are staying until the Monday now. We figured we need more time to party with others that share a passion for this glorious vehicle.

We are preparing to pack warm clothes. Like the other Riverina guys said, the nights have been pretty fresh.

Three more sleeps until we get to drink, party, dress up and cruise in our Kombi's together! :cool:

See you soon groovers,

Chrissy, Paul and Gracie

17. ruby6689

Whoo hoo just hit the road.......toll pass done , Griffith here we come, see you in three days:)

18. Tangles

Tangles Well-Known Member

Got back home safely - check
    Planets aligning correctly - check
    Oil changed - check
    Cellar loaded into kombi - check

Will hit the road in about thirty minutes ......

19. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Move it boy.
    Ill beat you
    Fueled up and heading out of Bogabilla

Squidy.
    Move ass boyo. party time fri
    synbins disco and safety light arena. :lol:

20. karenthekombi

karenthekombi New Member

Hi All, I just noticed the comment re the fruit exclusion zone so I rang the visitor centre in Griffith to check what was okay to bring. Apparently the rules have changed in the last few days!! The signs are still up but for those in NSW or ACT, it is okay to bring Fruit and veg to Griffith, for those outside of these areas - see the table at http://www.quarantinedomestic.gov.au/destination-new-south-wales-act.html#Anchor1
    Bit confusing but the advise given is that it is now okay if from NSW or ACT areas.