Bus stop 2014 - easter - location griffith

Discussion in 'The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2014' started by ruby6689, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

We have made it to Bendigo, and now have met up with Kombiwomble, who came over on the next boat. Working our way tomorrow arvo to Jeddahs parents at Patho, and then on to Griffith with the rest of the south and eastern contingent. All going well so far. Can't wait to see you all.

Adrian

2. BJWay

BJWay New Member

Lou, Indi (the dog) and I arrived in Griffith today after taking the scenic route from Melbourne via Mildura. It's been a remarkably trouble free journey in Freeda our 77 Campmobile.

If you're coming in from the south grab a burger from the servo on the northern side of Jerilderie (I think it's a Caltex). That should fuel you up nicely for the last leg. If you're coming from the west head through the Hay township and take the northern road via Goolgowie. It's much quieter than the Sturt Hwy and only a few K's further. We travelled 150k's today at the usual Kombi speed and were only overtaken once! Look forward to meeting everyone on Friday.

Cheers,

Brendan

3. Necro

Necro Active Member

Crap I forgot to check back after I asked about the costs for dinner Saturday night....doh...prolly gunna miss it now...:(

4. Necro

Necro Active Member

You are in fine form John Doherty,

I can tell you ar excited...:)

See you soon

5. Ninga

Ninga Well-Known Member

I love getting Vera ready for a trip somewhere. Almost every time we plan to go somewhere and prepare the old girl for her journey, she decides she isn't quite ready. Today, Paul and my Dad were doing the tappets (this was supposed to be done by our mechanic but... ohh Lordy, that's another story) and Dad stumbled across some broken bits within the rocker assembly. I would give you more detail but I really have no idea what I'm talking about but I do know without these parts being replaced, there would be no chance of us making it to Griffith in Vera. The biggest problem was trying to find these tiny little replacement parts and the closest place to obtain them at short notice was almost a 3hr drive from home. So, Mum and I left at lunchtime and got home around 8 hours later thanks to roadworks and peak hour traffic, with what is hopefully the correct part! If not, then much like Old Bar two years ago, we will show up in the ute and I will drink my sulks away.

Either way, I still plan to party with you groovers. :D

Cheers,
    Chrissy.

6. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

That's commitment Chrissy, see you there.

Cornish's, Nick and Andrew and ourselves are back on the road south of Taree. We are all country people living on quiet properties and have just spent the night 10 mtrs from what seemed to be a truck route! At least it makes you appreciate home. Cornish got his own back when he started his monster this morning, I'm sure he woke the whole of Taree.

7. john doherty

john doherty Well-Known Member

Peter and Doody,

Look what you have done!
    Significant numbers of people, on the whole characterised by "…… larger-than-life…… personalities, piloting "…… larger-than-life……" vehicles are all, now wending their way, inexorably,….to you.

Can I say to you…….Exceedingly well done!

As we all know, the major obstacle is generating excitement and getting KC-ites there in the first instance. It looks like you have achieved this.
    I have absolutely no doubt that the event will be characterised by an outrageously good time.
    To the good crew of Ninga...... that is an incredible effort and I hope those small things found floating around in your engine, find their right place.
    Relieved to hear, KombiWobble and Mordred have landed on Terror australis safely. Reading the news this morning about Korean ferries and hundreds of missing schoolchildren, a small thought of thanks.
    Visions of Necro, our own Pied Piper leading his multicoloured flock through the back blocks of Victoria, bring a smile.
    Vivacious Lorraine and magnificent Melissa tending the northern flock are bringing colour to rural New South Wales.
    I can only smile, when I think of the consternation rural South Australians must be experiencing as the mobile mushroom farm clatters its way to Griffith, lovingly tended by tangles.
    Fears for C bus, noting his last recorded destination ....Bogabilla ??? Sounds ominously like the organ connecting the sphincter to the rectum. I am sure he will navigate that "passage" safely and we will see the orange/blue Terror shortly.
    Police are on alert for the Scarlet Pimpernel piloted by BierDoc….And with good reason might I add.
    As for myself, thoughts of an early departure are a joke. I will be in court until 12, and by the time I pack and 100 other things, will not get into Griffith until late tonight.
    My arrival will be heralded by Wagner… Flight of the Valkyrie at mega-decibels.

To all of you out there on the road, and those seem to be on the road, stay safe and we look forward to our annual Kombi Hugs a fiorti soon.
    JD soon not to be in Adelaide.

8. john doherty

:cool:
    JD in Adelaide

9. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

All packed and getting ready to head off!
    Safe travels everyone and I hope the court gives you an early mark JD, I can get you a doctor's certificate if you like ;)

10. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

Safe travels to all.
    I hope to catch up with those that will be in Goulburn this afternoon.

Bernie

11. 1975 Westfalia

1975 Westfalia New Member

Hello all

Sadly, we will not be able to make the Bus Stop 2014. It has been dubious all week as to whether my Otto would be released by the panel shop in time to clean and refurnish him after his recent panel works which involved the removal of most of the interior fit-out and trim. I went to visit him today, and watched as they coated paint to the inside of the edge of the hole where the window will sit. I can't justify rushing the work and installing windows on top of uncured paint, so I've left him with the panel shop until next week.

There was consideration given to driving in the Holden Kombidore, but it wouldn't be the same without Otto. He is looking very bright with his new coat on though.

Happy and safe travels everyone! Have a marvelous time.

**********If anyone needs a CABIN, please let me know as there is now one available**********

Best regards

Ruth

12. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

excuses.
    Im sure most will politely ignore the elephant, sorry ,commodore in the park.

kombis not a requirement

13. 1975 Westfalia

1975 Westfalia New Member

Nooooo!!! We can't drive directly there in the commodore, and stopping along the way overnight would not be at all comfortable. It's not going to happen, sadly.

I'm more worried about the ones who WON'T ignore the elephant in the park....! Now what am I going to do with two pom-pom fringed sombreros?

14. Doody

Doody Member

Just seen my fist two unfamiliar kombis in town. Welcome & have a great weekend everyone.

Looking forward to the photos.

Doody

15. john doherty

Thatz it! 4 bells , more not done than done....armoutahere! Abandon any vestige of professionalism,maturity and savour faire......this black duck is on the rang tang ( I don't know what that means but it sounds good.) Not sure which way....Ouyen or Mildura...coin toss. So sorry Ruth. Looks like the mushroom herder et moi only south ozzes in habeas corpus!
    If all goes well....early hours of good Friday arrival. If not....Que sera sera.
    Jd on the road again( sung to the haunting tones of Willie Nelson.):cool:

16. john doherty

Thatz it! 4 bells , more not done than done....armoutahere! Abandon any vestige of professionalism,maturity and savour faire......this black duck is on the rang tang ( I don't know what that means but it sounds good.) Not sure which way....Ouyen or Mildura...coin toss. So sorry Ruth. Looks like the mushroom herder et moi only south ozzes in habeas corpus!
    If all goes well....early hours of good Friday arrival. If not....Que sera sera.
    Jd on the road again( sung to the haunting tones of Willie Nelson.):cool:

17. saabman

JD I'm sure your swearing at us all sometimes :lol:

18. saabman

For those staying in Goulburn overnight it managed to drop to 2deg this morning but now the sun is up its a balmy 4deg :)

Looks like a beautiful day for traveling.

19. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

Back on the road gathering kombis as we go and just passed the Big Merino. The convoy being led by Melissa and Scott with the silver blimp on roof rack.
    Trying to acclimatise to this southern weather, it was a two blanket, large doona night last night! Tonight it will be the thermal undies as well.

20. Roo

Roo Active Member

Are there any objections to my family and I joining the cruise tomorrow morning at the caravan park and enjoying the company of all for the day? I think the 15 window is having withdrawals from no other Kombi contact!! We'll be shooting off again late arvo for family commitments.