1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bus stop 2014 - easter - location griffith

Discussion in 'The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2014' started by ruby6689, Apr 19, 2013.

1. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Damn tempting but plan at mo is to enjoy the trip over rather than rush.
    see what happens.
    def good to catch up with west coast mob if poss :)
    Fair bit of time planned for SW corner.

2. 1975 Westfalia

1975 Westfalia Member

As of today I have booked a cabin.

What?! I've always preferred sleeping under the stars in my Kombi and have never hankered after anything more luxurious. We all make compromises. My boyfriend is used to sleeping under the stars too... usually five stars. The compromise is that he will settle for three stars, so a cabin it is!
    I have, however, vetoed his suggestion of traveling to Griffith in his Commondore, despite his suggestion we could disguise it as a Kombi. :rolleyes:

3. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Great to hear Ruth! See you there :)

4. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Good one Ruth, glad you scored it.

5. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Yeah good to ear you will be there Ruth, been a while since we last caught up.

6. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

Ruth when I got together with my lovely lady she had a commodore ute of all things - that just was not acceptable in my book so she traded it in on VW Amarok - I know it's diesel and needs water to keep it cool but at least it has the right shaped badge ;) maybe you should try for a similar compromise :lol:

7. jobell

jobell Active Member

Booked as of today. Now keeping fingers and toes crossed that all goes well with getting away from work.

8. Tangles

Tangles Well-Known Member

Yes indeed, Though I didn't say it was very good. I said it is bloody magnificent.Fairbridge IS an event not to be missed. Dare I commit blasphemy on this board and say "Fairbridge is even better than the bus stop" ??? Oops, I just said it, and I may have to say it again .......

I will be in the Nullarbor crossing, if it will make it to Fairbridge. Simple as that. If I were going to WA at that time of year, as good as the idea of a Konvoy across the plain is, the chance to be at Fairbridge is even better. I know this sounds like sacrilege, but I have been to Fairbridge twice and would not miss it if at all possible. I would be stoked to be over west for Fairbridge and join the cruise back, but everyone seems to be training their buses and flying back. Last year, they had 37 kombis at Fairbridge, not far behind the bus stop, and many people who do not even like folk music turn up, just for kombiville.
    Maybe next year, if the bus stop is held in SA and the trip across becomes reasonable to do in the right timeframe, I will be overly keen to do this. The two best weekends for a kombi in the country are back to back and a cruise in between would be awesome.

Listen to this man when he says it would be good to get to Fairbridge. But if you miss, hopefully the WA crew will be able to get a cruise together for when you hit Perth.

Hopefully, I will catch up with you Kim, at next years festival.

Cheers, Brian.

PS. I am getting closer to thinking that I will make Griffith, but it is still too far away for me to plan ....

9. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Confirmed my booking today, getting closer..... is it too early to start a convoy thread?
    My plan is a very early start from Narellan Thursday 17th and a few baby stops as required along the way. welcome to join me but won't be hurrying and may stop more than planned depending on bubs. Then again may not she goes alright in the car.

10. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

11. Ninga

Ninga Well-Known Member

Hey Groovers,

We are coming to Griffith… Woohoo!! Our first Bus Stop. We can't wait to party with you guys and did you say fancy dress?? Yes please. ;)Only staying the Friday and Saturday night at this stage but we will be there for a good time, not a long time. :cool:

Chrissy, Paul and Gracie.

12. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

I could suggest a T-shirt design Chrissy, but I don't think the local constabulary would appreciate it :p
    ....Griffith....green....kombis.....
    so much in common !! ( ....apaparently..:eek:

Look forward to catching up.

13. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

We will miss you Chrissy - we are not planing to be there till Monday - ya know after the party has finished :roll:

14. ruby6689

Andy's Birthday that weekend as well to add to the celebrations, I can see a few drinkies coming on.:)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  15. StevieVW

StevieVW Well-Known Member

Most whimsical.

16. Ninga

Ninga Well-Known Member

I had considered T-shirts again Mark and if I still decide to design then that is now the starting point! :lol: I think I'm more committed to the costume this time.
    My camera will be packed in hope to put another compilation together like we did for Old Bar.

Really looking forward to having a few beers with you all!

Disappointed we won't see you Bernie. Maybe one day the planets will align for us to catch up again.:D

Cheers Groovers,
    Chrissy

17. Doody

Doody Member

Hi everyone

I am giving Peter a hand with the organisation over Easter.

The draft program of the event will be posted this week and we welcome any comments and suggestions.

Name badges are being made for those attending so could you please advise the following -

1. KC Name
    2. Bus name
    3. Date of arrival
    4. The name/s you would like on your badges.

Could you also advise

5. No of Adults
    6. No of Children

Doody
    0428 630676

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2014
  18. Doody

Doody Member

As a 30+ year resident of Griffith I can assure you we don't take things too seriously. Go for it :lol:

"Griffith... where the grass is greener"

19. ruby6689

Thanks Doody,

Can you please put us down for two badges

1. KC name - ruby6689
    2. Bus name - 'Molly'
    3. Date of arrival - Friday the 18th
    4. Names on badges -1. Andy 2. Lorraine
    5. No of adults - 2
    6. No of Children - 0

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  20. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Now THAT'S organised !
    Two badges please:
    KC name: "Oldman"
    Bus name: "The Tardis"
    Arrival: Friday 18th....( I think,possibly Thursday :eek:)
    Names: Mark (Oldman) , Sue (Mrs Oldman)
    Adults: 2
    Kids: 0

Many thanks for helping Pete out with this.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014