1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bus Stop 2019

Discussion in 'The Kombi Club Bus stop 2019' started by melissa, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

Yep, 100% agree. This event is exclusively for forum members, it is a chance for old and new Kombi Club friends to catch up. If Facebook members want to join the forum then awesome, thanks for joining and Welcome! :) but Facebook is a pain in the bottom and not the place for such events to be discussed let alone organised. As a regular Facebook user I must admit I am no fan but feel I must use it as it is my only contact with many of my real-world friends. This forum is much much better as it is structured, neat and well run.

Can all KC members agree that discussion of future Bus Stops be limited exclusively to this forum, or at least include a link to this forum in your post?

chris taylor, Tash, ruby6689 and 3 others like this.
  2. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member

If we want to grow the club..then Facebook and other social media is definitely the way forward...its so easy to connect with people thru Facebook.
    I belong to a number of clubs..Rugby clubs and former school groups as well as other car/van groups all have become much bigger since embracing FB.
    I will post links to here for any thing related to KC that I post .
    Cheers Jerome

Van Housing likes this.
  3. Debstar

Debstar Well-Known Member

Agreed FB is a great way to connect, but when organizing an event like this, as Woz said it is a huge pain in the A! & we know! of course discuss the event in FB but if a person wants details PLEASE refer them to the forum. There were a lot of disappointed FB peeps who turned up at Stanthorpe & sadly they all couldn't come to the dinner as they hadn't booked through here, everything that is done for Bus Stop is voluntary & all help in following the recipe that works is very welcome :D

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2018
    Aspudis, Ninga, Wayne murray and 4 others like this.
  4. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

There’s a huge difference between growing a club by numbers (“friends”) and gaining active participants.
    FB,Twitter etc. will always be used by some, however the Club dynamic is best served by a Forum in my opinion.
    Cheers,
    Mark

Mordred, BrianK, Ninga and 6 others like this.
  5. kombiwomble

kombiwomble Active Member

Oooooooo i will Add tgat to my ever growing travel plans!

Debstar likes this.
  6. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

You know you have to be there Karina ;)

Debstar likes this.
  7. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

That is in fact why we have a Facebook page run by passionate and faithful members! :)

Yes we must and should use our Facebook page and links to lead back here, for sure, as Facebook is massive and can be a source of new membership.

But as previously explained events such as this need to be organised here only. And in my opinion should be member only, to maintain a sense of club loyalty and yes of excitement.

Debstar, Ninga and oldman like this.
  8. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Web page and Facebook are different animals. The KC forum is a controlled environment that provides retrievable information resources and shared experiences. The Bus Stop event has evolved and continues to be part of that shared experiences. FB provides a short lived dialogue. I enjoy both, but I value Kombi Club.
    Perhaps the FB page needs to be renamed to avoid confusion?

BrianK and Debstar like this.
  9. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Short answer - No - if it does get renamed, then anyone else could use the old name and set up their own page with great confusion. As it was, the person who did set up the original FB page, was not a member here and had no link at all with the forum - luckily, Woz stepped up and took over.

10. chris taylor

chris taylor Well-Known Member

Here Here ,Deb, you are so correct, there is a place for Facebook to promote the club BUT the organisation of said events should only ever be done through KC forums where the majority of members are searching for the required information.
    Chris

melissa and Debstar like this.
  11. Alpal

So now lets concentrate on Bus Stop 2019!

Debstar, melissa, MAP77 and 2 others like this.
  12. chris taylor

Ok Alpal ,have got my racing van and its ready to go.Im sure beginners luck might come into play here so watch out ,no chance of getting furthest travelled award so have to win one ,:D

Debstar likes this.
  13. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Agree with you 100% Mark.

My 2 cents worth, To many keyboard warriors on FB in so many sites. I’ve been on a few and coped shit from a few and removed myself, the kombi one was the first I got out of. To many private messages talking to me like a piece of dirt. I don’t have a kombi any more, but my heart is still with the kombi forum.

14. Alpal

Plenty of time to tune it up!

Debstar likes this.
  15. chris taylor

Good on Brian. 2 cents well spent.......................................

Debstar and Mr Beckstar like this.
  16. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

Well, when we left Stanthorpe 2018 on a high, we said "Yeah, Lets drive to Victoria for Busstop 2019".

As i booked the campsite i knew it was borderline being so far. And likely the campsite would be passed on.

But we now have an itinerary, and we are starting to book accommodation. 3 week round trip on the cards, but we are going to do it! I have never really been past Sydney before. So pretty cool to think we will be at Mallacoota!

Aspudis, Debstar, David H and 4 others like this.
  17. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

As long as you miss Sydney you will be fine. :D

Aspudis, Ninga and oldman like this.
  18. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Debstar and 68BUS like this.
  19. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

I wanted to miss Sydney completely. So a a compromise we are doing 3 nights there. :rolleyes:

Debstar and David H like this.
  20. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Missing Sydney is a bonus for all of us:p. How did you get stuck with 3 in Sydney as a compromise???
    Nice guy! I just avoid the place like the plague:(.
    Cheers & safe travels

Debstar likes this.