Bus Stop Wrap Up

Discussion in 'The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2014' started by melissa, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Ninga

Ninga Well-Known Member

Great pics Mark and Sue!! That mountain ash is magnificent and I bet the spring water was delightfully refreshing.
    I wished I'd had a better look at the artwork Necro did on your wheel cover. Next time.
    Bet that surf and felt good when you returned home :D
    Great to finally have a slightly longer chat with yourself and Sue.

Chrissy

2. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

Yes that would have been us. Probably the best park we stayed in followed closely by the Narooma one we revisited that was the busstop site a few years back.

Hopefully not too long till we meet again face to face.

Adrian

3. vwfreak03

vwfreak03 Well-Known Member

Just sitting down now at home having rolled off the ferry this morning at 7am and in work at 9 until 5.30

wow...what a month....travelled a total of 9100km and only trouble was picking up some dodgy fuel with water in which some metho soon fixed

Started on the Wednesday before easter and went like this.....

Devonport,melbourne,griffith,overland cornor, port augusta,ceduna,border village,norseman, esperance, denmark,margaret river,augusa,fremantle, perth,wave rock,norseman,caiguna,nandroo,port augusta,adelaide,underbool, the vic vw pre winter camp over at laancoorie then on the ferry back home.

Loved every. Minute of it and looking where to go after next years bus stop......any suggestions lol

4. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Good to hear you got home safely and are keen for next year!

5. Tangles

Tangles Well-Known Member

Cape York .......

6. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Good trip. glad it all went well :)

pre bus stop trip around tassie next yr ?

7. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

Look what Nick and Andrew found on the way home from the Bus Stop.....Bobby is now in their care and already the resto has begun. They look pretty happy with their selves here.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2017
  8. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

you should be ashamed of yourself for leading them astray Lorraine. :)
    ute next ??

9. Ninga

Ninga Well-Known Member

If that's being led astray, please make us your next victims Lorraine! Then we would like to borrow you, Col for your Kombi expertise when we add to the Kombi family!:D
    Can't wait to see what brilliant things you do to this bus Nick and Andrew!

Chrissy.

10. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Bugger! Took a wrong turn out of Griffith and finished up at Alice Springs. About 8000 km since we left home. Another wrong turn and we are now at Newcastle. Will post some more when the navigator gets us home to Melbourne.. Great Bus Stop!!

11. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

If you happen to take yet another wrong turn, and end up in the National Capital...... let me know!:rolleyes:

12. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Dont think you want to head south for a few months Al.
    Bit cold. :)

13. vwfreak03

vwfreak03 Well-Known Member

Lucky so and so.............i think ulura should be the destination for bus stop 2016...........which would be the 10th bus stop..........come on everybody......lets all meet in the middle :)

14. Alpal

Its a long drive but a great destination. The Ulysses bike group were there for their AGM. The bike procession took 40 minutes to go past. Awesome!

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  15. Tangles

Tangles Well-Known Member

Stop thinking small. You haven't come up with truly BIG busstop plans yet ................

Broome.

16. Mordred

Alpal, how did the wheel bearing go?

Adrian

17. Alpal

Grind grind grind. Still grinding. Will get us home.

18. Mordred

Just goes to show what you can do if you have to. Made over 12000km before this beasty finally showed its head.

Sheared the crankshaft to fan hub key on Saturday. Alternator light came on and when I went to the back engine was running with no fan turning!! Loving wife came and picked me up after I took it apart on the side of the road and found the problem. Quick trip home to retrieve another from a spare engine. Back to the side of the road and fitted it all up with the tools I took away to Busstop (including a torquewrench!) and off I went. Yet another problem I have never seen happen before. This was the engine I had to clean a lot of gasket goo out of as well as replace rockers and pushrods and lots of other bits. Never thought to check the fan hub as it is a taper fit and has a key to hold it and it is always ridiculously tight. I reckon the securing bolt wasnt torqued properly originally.

19. Necro

Necro Active Member

I have resisted posting because I like to think everyone is still there in a little kombi village, but I have to accept you have all gone home...

I can only agree with everyone's comments, it was a great bus stop and there was lots of new people too...:)

My personal highlight was standing with River while everyone sang him happy birthday, he was shit scared and like WTF why are they singing to me.
    But I loved it, I felt all emotional to have all my friends singing to my boy at my favourite event of the year.

Thanks to everyone who made time to be part of my bus stop adventure to Griffith.

And of course, Scotty, missing you buddy...oh and River is more hooked than ever, without a doubt, his favourite part was the Kombi Races...He loved that afternoon, hang on he loved dress ups too...and winning the raffle...and all the chocolate....he had a great time...:)

20. Necro

Necro Active Member

Oh I forgot, Miss Lulu was a trooper, the mechanic said I was mad, she was going down any day...I said, don't worry Miss Lulu likes Bus Stop and she will get us home.
    A couple of weeks later, with a groan and sputter, after a night out, Lulu struggled to life once more to get me home, blew a big black cloud of smoke and gave up...after I parked her outside home. She is a good girl.

Time for a new engine, but plenty of time before the next bus stop to do it...:)