1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buzzer for lights on and key in the ignition

Discussion in 'Bay Tech Clinic' started by okymura, Nov 30, 2010.

1. okymura

okymura Member

Was reading my US glovebox manual and it says the 1978 bay has a buzzer for leaving the lights on and also for the key in the ignition with the door open.
    Was this on the US buses only?
    Cheers

2. Nigel

Nigel Member

Only USA & Canadian specification vehicles, had this option, as far as I am aware, but one can modify other vehicles, by substituting the appropriate ignition switch and driver's-door 4-terminal courtesy-light switch, plus retro-fitting a suitable 2-terminal buzzer, which plugs into the underside of the fuse box; not forgetting the wiring-loom modifications.

3. PhotoBus

PhotoBus New Member

There is probably a kit to build one from Jaycar.

4. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

I got a buzzer from Jaycar and wired it to the switch so it only comes on when ignition is turned off

5. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

Warning buzzers for headlights?...rear view dashboard monitors?.....what's next?
    If i wanted these features in a car i'd drive something a little more current.

6. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Actually the buzzer is a prick of of a thing and I am pulling it out next time I have the dash apart, if I hit the brakes or the blinkers (any kind of additonal light activity) she goes nuts

7. Nigel

Nigel Member

Headlamp buzzer

Perhaps that is a special Jaycar feature!?!

8. davidp.

davidp. Member