1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Byron Bay

Discussion in 'Kombi Stories' started by Barf, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Barf

Barf New Member

Yeah maybe we will go out to Nimbin , i haven't been out there for 6years and never in a kombi. I remember the road out there was pretty bumpy.We are in Byron for a few more days and the surf is pretty small so if its rainy we might do the trip to Nimbin

2. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

But the next day we lined up for the 2011 run to Nimben! Kombi over dose!

3. KombiMadness

KombiMadness Well-Known Member

Mate, when you first started this thread I was so envious.....

Since I was a teenager, going on a 'north coast' trip was always special, so many great places and surf spots. Great time of year too - water is still warm but not too many tourists around like summer.

Good onya and I hope you're having a great trip! :cool:

4. Barf

Barf New Member

Thanks mate! water is 23 , got some long waves at the pass today. Life is good. Will be back on the south coast soon. Cheers!

5. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

The roads have improved (a bit :lol: ) don't go via the suggested route on your GPS but through Lismore, much easier.

Track me down at either 'Fashionating' or 'Treasure and Trash' and I'll give you a Kombi Konvoy poster for this years MardiGrass. Lorraine :)

6. DaisyGirl

DaisyGirl Guest

Nah - there are masses of tourists round and has been like that for the last 3 weeks. Can't complain though as I was a tourist once myself.....

7. snug

snug Member

We are heading up there in about 2 weeks. Always a good spot, hope the surf is good.

8. Barf

Barf New Member

So we went out to Nimbin today and met Lorraine, what a lovely lady . There she was, Kombi konvoy poster in hand and all smiles. Thanks Lorraine , we had a blast talking to you and i'm sure it won't be the last. [​IMG]

9. Barf

Barf New Member

Back in the real world now , however it was nice to come home and have the surf pumping. Had a Great! trip , kombi went well (i'm proud of you Gus) . Now I'm already thinking about the next road trip .Hmmmmmm. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rESMx-ONyM

10. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Pity you couldnt stick around another week and do the kombi konvoy to nimbin mardigrass

safe travels

col

Love the vid.. classic:D

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  11. Barf

Barf New Member

Yeah i wish we could have hung around. It will be a cool Konvoy.

12. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

:D That was excellent, and what great kombi spotting. :D

So nice to meet you guys, you will just have to come back for next years MardiGrass.

13. Barf

Barf New Member

I think next year is for sure!

14. KombiMadness

KombiMadness Well-Known Member

Glad you had a great time up north, Barf! :cool:

But you really missed it - Little Austi, Sharkeys, McCauleys & Sandon were going off the whole time you were gone.... :p

Just kidding mate, I'm just jealous. :lol:

15. Barf

Barf New Member

Yeah good one Madness! I surfed Sharkies a few days after i got back it was pretty good. I had my video camera on my board got some good footage ... then i ate shit on one wave and broke it off my board:eek: it didn't float.....tears.

16. Surfing72

Surfing72 Well-Known Member

The young bloke and I went for a day trip to Byron today after our morning surf. I ordered a new custom twin fin and the boy wrote some music. Its was nice to be back in northern NSW. Different attitudes compared to the Gold Coast I reckon and we even had a reserved parking spot at the light house LOL
    Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at 5.21.16 pm.jpeg Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at 5.06.54 pm.jpeg

KahunaKombi, Elsie 76, Wattie and 3 others like this.
  17. tintop

tintop Well-Known Member

any trouble crossing the qld border?

18. Surfing72

Surfing72 Well-Known Member

None at all. We just print off our pass on the government web site and display it on our windscreen as we drive across. They hardly even take notice of you. I'm guessing they're are over it - I know I am.................;)

oldman likes this.