1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camp Keen ...

Discussion in 'Queensland/Northern NSW' started by The Dub Driver (Byronbug), Sep 7, 2008.

1. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

Just a quick thank you to Lorraine & Andy for having us into their beautiful home again for our camp over...
    Might be the last one there but hopefully there may be one last Farewell Hurrah/Camp over before they sell this piece of paradise we now all know as "Camp Keen Nimbin"
    It was actually Mc Nimbin this morning as we had a lovely
    breakfast of muffins & pancakes :lol:
    Again many thanks for having us all over....such a wonderful place to be with such perfect hosts...
    THANK YOU :heart:

Some pics I took...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

A beautiful Pav the girls made Saturday night:

[​IMG]
    Curtis searching for his cookie...

[​IMG]

3. komuter

komuter Guest

that is gods own paradise down around nimbin,we(my wife and my young boys often leave redcliffe early on a sunday morning and drive down to nimbin for breaky in the cafe next to lorrines shop .have a nice house near the beach at redcliffe you want to swap lorrine ha ha.

4. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Yes we would like to dito Judy's comments and say a huge thank you to Andy and Lorriane.
    I know Lorraine did a lot of organising behind the sceens to make sure we all ate like kings.
    It is always hard to drive back down that drive way and leave the beautiful spot that they live.
    I am sure its going to be hard to find another place like it but I hope you do so we can all still visit.
    It was nice to see Dale and Doug back after there recent wedding in NZ

[​IMG]
    We caught up with Celia and Kelly, thanks guys for the yummy pav. Do we have another splitty member in the future??????????
    [​IMG]
    Adrian, Judy and Celia
    [​IMG]
    Curtis caught sleeping in
    [​IMG]

5. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

This is not how you want to see your Kombi? Poor Noel got down the drive way and had problems with his kombi. I dont think it wanted to leave so the Nissan came to the rescue.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Stewarts beautiful splitty
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
  8. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Blue Bus
    [​IMG]

Harley and Ruby keeping watch over a kombi
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Glad you all had a great time. Great photos. :)

10. Archeress

Archeress Guest

It really was an awfully good time K1...many people and even two honourary aussies..lovely food by lorraine, pav by celia, music..(albeit dodgy) by julian:D
    nice times with nice people....already done my thanking though at church this morn with everyone..:D NOW I GOT TO GO ASK REV SOMETHING IMPORTANT..

11. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

Nice pics,looks like a great bunch of people.:)
    Steve

12. raven

raven New Member

A Big Thanks To Andy And Lorraine .:) We Had A Wonderful Weekend.:)

13. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Camp Keen
    [​IMG]

The amazing view
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Curtis
    [​IMG]

Will & Sheila a young American couple that Jules found in her travels. They are out here for a year to travel around Aus in a kombi so they spent the weekend at camp keen as well
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. BargeArse

BargeArse Active Member

I am finally back home after two absolutely magnificent days. How good was it??? I've gotta say though, I am exhausted.

I guess first things first - the BIGGEST thank-you to Lorraine and Andy for once again letting us all into their wonderful home. If anyone knows how to make you feel like you're geniunely welcome and part of their family, it's the Keens. Again we were spoilt with copious amounts of food, great company, many many laughs, music (yes Kelly, I upheld my entertainment end of the agreement by doing my dodgy thing! :p) & singing, much Volksificating, many Kombisations and just an all-round great time!

It was nice to see the usual suspects in the QLD / Northern NSW contingent of the KC. It was equally as nice to meet some new KC faces, as well as some new non-KC ones.

I was also a very lucky boy to not miss out on the KC experience just because Daisy was bed-ridden at home: Blue Bus ended up being my bedroom for the night; and I was the luckiest person in the world today being allowed to use Monty as my wheels during our Kombi Kruise. You have no idea how grateful I am for that. I'm still grinning from ear-to-ear from the experience! :D

Now to get organised and get some pics uploaded...

16. kiwidoc

kiwidoc New Member

Hi all,

Thanks Lorraine and Andy for the weekend..only sorry we had to rush away today. I would have liked to have seen the cathedral and wandered through all that lovely country at leisure.

And thanks too, Mish and Byron bug for the piks...
    you have done the Camp keen setting justice.

17. Archeress

Archeress Guest

I THOUGHT IT ONLY APPROPRIATE THAT A NICE THOUGHTFUL SERVICE WAS NEEDED WHEN MANY KC MEMBERS VISITED THE OPEN AIR CHURCH NEAR LISMORE.. I WROTE THIS FOR ALL AND "PREACHED"
    IF THE OVER RIDING CONCENSUS IS THAT THIS IS OFFENSIVE TO SOME PEOPLES RELIGIOUS SENSIBILITIES THEN I ASK THE MODERATORS TO REMOVE IT.

HOWEVER THIS WAS HEARTFELT AND IN NO WAY ONE OF KELLY'S USUAL STUPID HUMAN TRICK.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2008
  18. Archeress

Archeress Guest

Dearly Beloved
    We are gathered here today under this beautiful blue nimbin like canopy. We are also here today to celebrate a union. A union of like minded souls from all around our beautiful earth. From the america’s, Europe, Asia and our own wonderful country Australia.
    This like mindedness revolves around the humble peoples car...the Volkswagen...
    Not too many years ago a Car/bus/Van was admired and a klub was formed. The people came, brothers and sisters, they came, they volksificated and they joined in hearty kombisation.
    Members of the kombiclub, the KC as it is affectionately known brings together passionate people from all these distant lands to help each other in times of need, to break bread and to make great friendships with each other. We share the knowledge and admiration of Split windows, Beetles, lowlights, Late bays, Dc’s and Sc’s, T’3’s, T’4’s. Carravelles, synchro’s and transporters. We are all different brothers and sisters yet our personalities can be reflected in our vehicles. However under the banner of the KC we are one.
    I think that it is appropriate that our members now turn to each other and give their neighbour today a warm hug and say “i am happy you drive a Volkswagen and you are special”
    Now as we conclude our service i wish you all enduring kombi Karma and long live the KC.

19. the invisible smith

the invisible smith New Member

Well said Kel.

Ne'er was a truer word spoken.

20. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Well said Kelly I wish we could have stuck around but being fathers day we had to get back home.