1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camp Keen ...

Discussion in 'Queensland/Northern NSW' started by The Dub Driver (Byronbug), Sep 7, 2008.

1. Kombi of Hope

Kombi of Hope New Member

Kelly i wish i knew you when i had to write my wedding vows:p :lol: .
    Meg

2. Archeress

Archeress Guest

Julian Has This Speech On Vid So He May Very Well YOUtube It...go For It My Man..:)

3. Kombi of Hope

Kombi of Hope New Member

What a stunning spot for a church - who needs all the gilt and pomp? Lovely "service" Kel :)

4. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Thanks to each and every one of you that shared our home this weekend. It's always a pleasure to be able to invite our wonderful friends from KC.

I have laughed so much and sung so much that I have almost lost my voice.:D

After what was looking like being a very wet weekend the gods smiled on us and the weather was beautiful.:)

The hymn before the sermon delivered by our 'reverand' Kelly was appropriatley called 'in a kombi' :)

A special thanks to Julian, Kelly and Celia who went out of their way to pick Andy up from Brisbane airport.

Curtis NEVER found his cookie, it will still be there next time...promise.

Great pics, I might steal a few of them for our internet listing soon.

I am sooooooo tired it's an early one for me tonight.

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE :heart:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
  5. BargeArse

BargeArse Active Member

Coolio, Kel. I've just gotta do a bit of tidying up at the start and end, and I'll get it up on youtube. Will let y'all know.

As usual Michelle has taken some stunning photos. I kinda wish I had an SLR at times like these but I don't, so my little Fuji has to make do. Also, I didn't take too many people shots - I think 'cause I spent too much time talking... I did however get a few snaps today though, so I'll pop up some of my faves.

At Camp Keen:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
  6. Archeress

Archeress Guest

Excuse my lapse in memory but i read post 16 about kiwi doc being there...I can only assume that this was the other american that was planning to build and lived on the GC...??? with the RV?...other than that...i didnt know he was a doctor..:umm:

7. BargeArse

BargeArse Active Member

Out and about today.

The gang parked outside the open air cathedral:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And what a view:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. BargeArse

BargeArse Active Member

And a couple more.

The Kombis being ever-so patient and waiting for us to get back from our sermon:
    [​IMG]

And all lined up at our stop for lunch (well, the first attempt at lunch anyway):
    [​IMG]

9. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

It's Dale

Kelly

Kiwi Doc is Dale , Douggieboy's better half ;) ...... no offence Doug.

Cheers
    Brett

10. Archeress

Archeress Guest

Oh ok thanks brett...well her accent must have taken a hike....actually i vaguely recall this now...coming back slowly...i think i drank too much though..
    Oh P.s...i came by a book last week...right up your alley brett...will have to get it to you...

11. ruby6689

My small photo contribution

Yesterdays convoy looking out the back of a very dirty rear window in Blue Bus:eek:
    [​IMG]

Julian bonds with Monty

[​IMG]

12. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

I reckon Julian would like to be permanently bonded to Monty, Lorraine. :D What a lucky boy to be able to drive him....

13. Two Yanks

Two Yanks New Member

My wife and I had a great time for the short while we were there. What a great bunch of people!!! All of you are fantastic. Can't wait for my Kombi so I can quit drooling on yours!

Kelly, I am a doctor of wood!!

14. BargeArse

BargeArse Active Member

Lorraine, that 'convoy' shot has come out really well, hey. Don't mind pics of seeing the Kombis in action.

And you're dead right, Kyra! :D I'm still grinning after being given that opportunity. Monty is an absolute dream to drive too. I think I have a bit of a boy crush... :eek:

15. Dingostrategy

Dingostrategy Active Member

I knew it. Prayer flags!

Busted...

16. ruby6689

Looks like I'm going to have to make sure Monty is locked away each night;)

He certainly is easier to drive than poor old Blue Bus who has returned to the mechanic again today :cry:

We listed the house for sale today.....any takers? Will probably take a while to sell, anyone have any rellos in Sydney looking for a tree change?:D

17. BargeArse

BargeArse Active Member

Ahhhh, the end of an era for KC and Camp Keen. Like I was saying to you though, usually a house takes about a month to settle once signed, so we've got a bit of time to organise a 'last hurrah' campover once the good news is announced. And you're right too Lorraine, it could take a while for it to sell. Which means we might still get a couple more campovers in yet!

And I hope you get my bedroom back from the mechanics in a more timely fashion this time around.

Ooooo, just had a thought - you're going to need people to help you drive your flock of Kombis up from Nimbin when you move, aren't you... ;)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
  18. Sheriff

Sheriff Active Member

Brings back many fond memories of our trip up to your wonderful house! It was the company that made it wonderful so if you sell up and move into a flat (with a six car garage) we will have good times at your next wonderful property!

Something tells me that your taste will lead you to something a little more special...but hey...you get the drift! ;)
    Rich

19. Two Yanks

Two Yanks New Member

I agree with Sheriff It's not the house it's the people! (But that view is so fantastic!) Sorry to hear about Blue Bus. They are tough though and he will get over it.

20. dakdak dk

dakdak dk New Member

Do you really have to sell it mum??!! Those pics make the place look amazing...