Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by Luckyphil, Apr 16, 2020.
We’re staying at the same place Grant. Looks like a good spot
I have been contacted by the organisers - they are asking what our groups thoughts are on the Festival - they still do not know if they will be allowed to hold it or if it will be well attended, will it be a celebration or will it be in poor taste?
I am going to be telling them that we still plan to go to Old Bar and we hope that the festival will be going ahead.
Tell them to expect a supportive input to their local economy, as even before this COVID problem, we can’t forget how the horror fire season impacted so many small communities from Qld to Vic, with festival or not.
If the markets are a “usual” for the first Sunday of the month, like Berry Markets does, with or without any car show, that would also be a bonus, for both visitors & vendors.
Even a “low key” weekend away, to catch up with friends, spend for accomodation, frequent the food businesses, and shops, would surely be a welcome change to any small community lately.
Bottom line, I think the KC’ers can happily party on, with or without any extra free entertainment.
This is great news that there could still be a festival however I along with plenty of other KC members still plan to go to Old Bar. Even if there is no festival there will be kombi's
Looking more more likely to go ahead in some form since the whole June 1st thing got announced!!
I suggest anyone that booked on their way out last year contact Lanis & let them know that you are still coming.
Lanis On The Beach
Hey guys great new the other day about some caravan and camping grounds being able to open back up from the 1st of June.
We are excited to start taking bookings however at this stage we have been given no guidelines as to what is to be implemented and what procedures we need to follow.
At this stage we will start taking booking from the 1st of June.
In the mean time if we get our policies and procedures we will start taking bookings but untill then the 1st of June will be our take off day.
It has been a very hard and long road from drought to the bush fires and then the pandemic it has been a very hard long road here at lanis and we will be so glad to see so many happy familiar faces back at lanis on the beach and am sure lanis holiday island feel the same.
looks like they are taking booking starting on the 1st. facebook post. good news
me and Connie will be there. Hayden
We are going for a weekend to Old Bar on Friday 12th June to the Monday.
If I'm not working I might see you & Scott for a Beer or 10 ?
Just had a nice chat with Sarah.
They are all nervously anticipating the re-open for Lani's.......
The closure period has been well used for maintenance and cabin re-furbishment, so lots has been going on.
Poor buggers have been doing it tough....first the bushfires and now C19, so the more folks that can make the Old Bar long weekend, the better.
Airstrip camping is in serious doubt this year, as there is just not enough staff to ensure folks abide by the social distancing rules.....and I've been assured that they WILL be strictly enforced.
So if you want a spot at Lanis', you'd better flick them an e-mail, pronto !!
Sarah is manning the office by herself at the moment....(Wendy & Fizal are currently in Mudgee being Grandparents), so please don't get the 5hits if your phone call is not answered.
All e-mails will be attended to quickly, so include your arrival and departure date and type of site/cabin you are after.
That would be great Steve!!
Are the bookings we made on our way out last year still valid
Yes, Phil.Sarah said that folks who booked and paid a deposit last year on the way out, still have their sites.
Worth calling/emailing a confirmation....they always get stuffed around by no shows.....(not you ) Airstrip won’t be available as I mentioned, so pressure is on ! Better to know you’re in, rather than assume.
Thanks Mark, I was only looking at my receipt the other day. Will confirm.
Separate names with a comma.