1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camps in NT

Discussion in 'NT' started by Kombi Dad, Sep 9, 2007.

1. vinny

vinny Active Member

um end of the year mate, maybe into early 2010
    yep i will be driving and camping in my kombi,

worked out it will cost be around 800 for petrol :umm:

but really looking forward to it!

2. dan_b

dan_b Member

dnt come up in dec,jan or feb, will be 2 much water around, most the road that go out back are shut until 1st june.
    we gone buy oct at the lastet every year so we dnt get stuck

3. vinny

vinny Active Member

oh shit well that just changes everything then haha

4. komuter

komuter Guest

hey dan b ,have you just done some front end work on your kombi?i seen one there a couple of weeks ago with its front in the air,mataranka is loverly at the homestead with those pools.the missus loved it.as for the nt you will never get me back to that dust bowl ever again,the sceanery going up towards darwin is great if you like burt off country and road kill,i can ownestly say while traveling up there i seen no live animals just all sorts of dead ones:cry: but mataranka stood out for me,i did see another yellow bay there one night

5. dan_b

dan_b Member

yea just rebuilt the front end,drives like its on rails, yes 2 times cuming back here is enough for me, good cash but cant spend it,well at the pub you can.
    iv bein here 5months and never bein to the pools this year,2 busy but wull get thee b4 we leave, what were u in, have seen a couple of white type 3's.

6. dan_b

dan_b Member

you can give it a go cuming here, the flash flooding normaly goes within 24hrs.but dnt be in a rush to go any were tho, there are only a few places that it does, but the built the rod to cope with it

7. pats

pats Member

we're heading to darwin next friday 9th oct - 19th hiring a wicked 4wd, if anyone has any tips on what to see we'd love to hear from you, we are looking at national parks, nature, art etc. i have heaps of books but nice to hear what the locals or those who have travelled before recommend. we are planning on camping out at free or as close to free sites, i do have a copy of camps australia and have found some great spots we will check out.
    hope everyone is well. thanks  pats

8. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

Let us know if you discover any great sites - especially if they are "kombi friendly" .... I'd love to check out the NT, it's been something Alice and I have discussed for a while (we'd probably go by kombi, though) ....have a great time, I look forward to the pics! :)

9. pats

pats Member

thanks woz, i'll be testing out as many sites as possible and will report back :). would have loved to have driven banjo up but it would be time to head home by the time we got there ;). looking forward to sharing pics & stories. xo

10. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Have a great time guys, looking forward to the pix when you get home.:)

11. ozeddie

ozeddie New Member

Berry Springs
    Edith Falls - Take snorkeling gear (camping sties available - ring national parks)
    Fog Dam / Window to the wetlands
    Katherine Gorge
    Mataranka Springs
    Catamaran Cruise on Darwin Harbor - at sunset!!!!! 2 thumbs up for this
    Litchfield N Park - of course

PM me if you like or email me

No need to bring long pants, shorts and thongs (footwear type) shirt optional!!!

12. ozeddie

ozeddie New Member

Or you can go on the boat that brought Nicole Kidman to Darwin in the movie Australia if you want???

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  13. pats

pats Member

thanks so much for the info, checked out your suggestions, they look great really looking forward to flying out thursday night...beautiful! :) and can't wait for some heat! yay!!!

14. pats

pats Member

thanks so much for the info! we had such a wonderful time in the NT. here's a link to some pics.

NT holiday snaps

enjoy, love pats. xo