1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camps in VIC

Discussion in 'Victoria' started by Kombi Dad, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Kombi Dad

Kombi Dad Well-Known Member

2. Michael

Michael Member

Thanks Dad, a nice link...some great looking spots.

3. Kombi Dad

I have added another four campsites to the Kombi Konnection forum. Link is in the first post on this thread. They are places I stayed going to and from Mt Gambia.

Ian

4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Hey Kombi Dad I notice you use Oziexplorer .....its a good piece of gear, and now with the faster laptops makes off road so much easier. We used it cross country at Israelite Bay WA a few years ago.

5. Kombi Dad

Yes I use OziExplorer. I have tried MacGPS Pro and others as I now use a Mac but still boot in to Windows to use Ozi. I think it is a great piece of software.

Ian

6. Wodewick

Wodewick New Member

Thanks for the reviews Ian, I have used your info a couple of times now. Also, saw you pass through Hamilton a few days before Easter, We were on foot so you didn't see us wave. Rod.

7. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Hey Rod, jumping out on the road would have got Ian's attention.:lol:

8. Robbo

Robbo New Member

9. Kombi Dad

10. Adaline

Adaline Guest

Informative Websites.. Shared..

11. Michael

Michael Member

We recently stayed at the Valley View Caravan Park in Whitfield, North East Vic. A small quiet town about 30 mins out of Wangaratta amidst the King Valley wine region. The park had great facilites, fire barrels and wood available, the General Store across the road and the local pub was a short stroll away.
    The owners of the park, Sue and John Renman, are happy to offer a discount to KC members

https://www.facebook.com/valleyviewcaravanpark?fref=pb&hc_location=profile_browser

Debstar likes this.
  12. JameSquire

JameSquire New Member

While in Whitfield, have a go at the pork knuckle platter at the MountainView Hotel.. or the degustation if you want to be blown away over 7 courses! Then head up to Mt Cobbler for a hike/camp (4wd only in winter, though we weren't aware of this when we went up in our T25 camper!). Bennies campground on the way up is a fave of ours too.