Carb to EFI Conversion Question

Discussion in 'Performance' started by njh1964, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Hopefully we are all smarter, and wiser...... but I was referring to those that recall a speed story from their youth, and the actual speed on the day, has been inflated somewhat, to make the recalled story more impressive. ;)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
    grumble and njh1964 like this.
  2. grumble

grumble Active Member

The Fiats had a similar feature,as the 125's and 124s's landed at the dealership we used to take them straight to the local panelshop for rust repairs and to get the wharfies bootmarks out of the bonnet,turret and boot lids before they hit the showroom, but they had beautiful engines.

3. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

And excellent handling ;)

grumble likes this.
  4. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Excellent handling, great engine with power. Obviously 'deck cargo on a submarine from Italy'. Great car that handled better as they got lighter!
    Cheers,
    David H

5. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

In 1986 I almost bought a 33

Saw a 12 month old Sud and it was bubbling - and no, it wasn't Carney

Damn they have a sweet motor, handling and comfort

A mate had a GTV V6
    Sex on wheels

Resnort likes this.
  6. Resnort

Resnort Active Member

The aftermarket fuel injection setup for our aircooled cars is a bit of a new thing. our T3's were injected from factory, but a very simple thirsty worn out old setup now.

If you can get to Penrith and see Mike at CBB, where AC-T3 got his done that would be by far the best and most hassle free way to go about it from what I've read and heard.

I have been building my own FI setup on my aircooled 2 liter using a Links ECU and random other bits from other cars, with a balance and a few mods I'm looking for a bit more gusto and better fuel economy and nothing more.
    As yet I have no results as money has run out for the final tune, but it has been a process of broken bits and unhelpful/unwilling tuners. In the mean time it has been simplified a lot while still remaining all aftermarket.......not something I would recommend doing if you want an easy bolt up solution.

In saying that I haven't spent too much, the results should be good, and I can't wait to get it out on the road.
    20170118_154235 (Medium).jpg

njh1964 likes this.