Chance Meeting

Discussion in 'Camping Australia' started by Kombi Dad, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Kombi Dad

Kombi Dad Well-Known Member

We are on the road at present in the Sprinter van. Most know that I have gone from the '89 Syncro to a Trakka Jabiru. Anyhow, last night was a very strange night for us. We took the dog out for a walk just as the sun was setting. We stopped at the road in to the campsite at Tambo and noticed a woman walking down the road towards us. Our little dog likes meeting people so we waited to say hello. This happened. Then the woman looks at me and says "What's your name?" Naturally I said "Ian." At that point Barbara (my wife for those who don't know) went to tears and said "Ailsa". Would you believe that Ailsa and Barry, her husband, had set up camp next to us. Barry and Ailsa were our neighbours when we we first married 48 years ago. We lost contact 25 years ago. We had great evening catching up and have promised to stay in touch. We are even thinking of doing a trip together as the love their caravan.

Ian

chris taylor, Ninga, Borgey and 7 others like this.
  2. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

That is lovely Ian! It really is a small world to actually run into someone you know in somewhere off the beaten track like that :)
    Hope you are enjoying your travels.

3. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Wonderful story !
    Another bonus to being on the road.....:cool:
    Cheers,
    Mark

4. Squidy

Squidy Well-Known Member

That's cool

5. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member