Cleaning underneath the vehicle using a Tonka

Discussion in ''How To' & 'Handy Hints'' started by peter915, Oct 8, 2017.

1. peter915

peter915 Active Member

Sunshine coast
    I've been mucking around with trying to clean the underneath of my Syncro Kombi.
    Part of my progress in restoring the Syncro is the alteration/ addition of various circuits and pipes underneath the vehicle.
    I soon became tired of the constant rain of dirt and debris falling off from underneath when ever I disturbed something.:eek::oops::confused:

So I started cleaning underneath with a Gurney (pressure blaster):cool:

Not having the rig (vehicle) in a rotisserie made pointing the baster at the underneath a bit difficult.
    So I developed this idea.

Yep - I shrunk the T3 and changed it's shape. !!!!

Nah - ! I wanted a small platform to mount this on.

I got the Tonka truck from the tip - the recycle shop - in fact most of the stuff around our place has come from the tip!!;)
    Same day we got a dog kennel for me to sleep in..! :eek:

Our Stihl blaster came with this floor cleaner. (which I'd never used)
    But I now have tried it on the concrete driveway and amazed me at how it cleaned.!

Which normally operates with the brushes facing down on the deck
    The arms rotate and a small cyclone is created !

I used it today for the first time.
    And it works ! Ha ! ;)
    I see Kärcher make one very similar - for those who use this brand.
    The Kombi floor is pretty high up off the deck, so I found in some places I was able to lift the unit right up underneath - touching the floor and really blast it. The evidence of this was left on the driveway after I finished.
    Thought I'd share this idea for those who like a clean bus.
    chuck85, nils, paul77 and 2 others like this.
  2. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Newcastle NSW
    Nice recycling there Peter! :)
    Grantus likes this.
  3. wombatventures

wombatventures Active Member

Peterborough SA
    Brilliant, innovative and Upcycled! :p
    Grantus likes this.
  4. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Southern ACT
    A little pedantic, but of the 3 “R’s” - Recylce, Reuse and Reprocessable, I think this falls in the Re - use category.

Re-use = Product re used in the same form for the same or different other purpose.

Recylcled = Material used and re made into the same or similar original product.

Reprocessable = Material recovered, processed and made into a different product.

5. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Bracken Ridge, Qld
    Got one with my Gerni - Patio Brush they call it ..... amazing on the drive whether it be pebblecrete or plain concrete - find diluting 10:1 chlorine:water works on helping the clean.

Saw the title and thought you'd done exactly what you done with the high pressure floor cleaner ;)
  6. twincabay

twincabay Active Member

port maquarie
    c0rrect PEDANTIC
    1. excessively concerned with minor details or rules; overscrupulous.
      "his analyses are careful and even painstaking, but never pedantic"
      synonyms:eek:verscrupulous, scrupulous, precise, exact, over-exacting, perfectionist, precisionist, punctilious, meticulous, fussy, fastidious, finical, finicky; More
    nils and Grantus like this.