1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Club Permit...

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by Fooksy, Nov 24, 2011.

1. phantom

phantom Member

There might be a few schemes mixed in here, so people in different states need to check with their clubs and authorities as to what they have.

In the ACT, there is a Historic scheme (limited to club events / mechanical runs), and they are working in a Special Interest scheme, where you can have x days a year of open driving (like the 45 or 90 day scheme listed above for Victoria). However it is not 'in' as yet, just being worked on here.

NSW has the Historic scheme but nothing offering 'open' driving for x days a year.

You would normally need to be an active member of your club to enjoy these benefits. For example, in our club you must attend x events each year with your Historic rego'd car, failure to do so (without valid reason) will see your rego not renewed the following year.

I have had a few recent contacts from locals who want 'club' rego (historic) but don't want to do anything with a club.....they just want the cheap rego.

Check what your state has and go through the requirements, they differ everywhere. But it can be a way of reducing your rego bill if some of your cars only go on club events.

2. Tonyclarke

Tonyclarke New Member

Searching for Gold Coast Kombi

Hi everyone, need some help tracking down a yellow Kombi on the southern Gold Coast. Its a very distinctive van with wood panles and the number plate "Ally" Its needed for a TV commercial, if you know who it is please phone 0418 149137. Thanks!!!

3. wbx4me

wbx4me Member

Has anyone investigated clubs ..... VWCOV will only do VW's .. which is fair enogh ... but for those who also have other marques and only want to pay membership with one club .. need to find a club which accepts multiple marques ... anyone looked into this ???

4. DakDak67

DakDak67 Guest

Question, Do VW club of VIC allow modified Busses into activitys and club reg? they seem thin on the ground..

5. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Ask them. If not there is Melburg Luft.

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  6. DakDak67

DakDak67 Guest

I'm on full Vic reg, not interested in clubs, was just wondering..

7. olovw

olovw Member

I am fairly sure only unmodified cars can be registered through VWCOV, but check..

8. wbx4me

wbx4me Member

9. VolksVair

VolksVair New Member

:pHey, you are all in the KOMBI CLUB!!!!!!!!:lol:

10. Alpal

But KC cannot do Club Rego!!!

11. VolksVair

VolksVair New Member

From what i hear, you only have to have a membership of 10 to become a registered club?, might go ask some folks that have gone down that road, I am pretty sure that there was a discussion at a local vw meet down OceanGrove/ Geelong VIC recently that a few members from different VW forums were trying to create a club for this specific reason

12. sacky

sacky Member

But dont forget that all cars that go on club Reg need to have a current RWC but the VIC club will accept minor modifications for safety but things like heavy body mods and non vw motors are not accepted and all club permit holders have to show a yearly membership based on vic roads data base.

13. Alpal

Not too hard to become a club that can do club rego.
    There is NO requirement for a RWC for club rego in Vic.
    Major mods would require an Engineers certificate and certain mods would put you in the hotrod category and that requires inspection by the authorised inspector. Only one in the state.

14. phantom

phantom Member

I have been involved with NSW and ACT Historic rego. Both states require that the club registrar inspect the car each year before rego renewal to ensure the car still fits the historic requirements.

There is normally only one registrar per club. So, that would mean that one Kombi Club person - the registrar - would travel the country to check everyone's car - each year.

15. Kombi Dad

Kombi Dad Well-Known Member

As the past registrar where Phantom is now the registrar, I can confirm his comments. Note also that the motor registry also keeps a list of clubs which have to be properly? convened clubs that they permit to deal with club permits. My understanding is that this means a club that has a constitution and a committee etc.

Ian

16. Alpal

Vic is now much the same.
    Club must be incorporated and authorised by Vicroads.
    A nominated person or persons is approved by Vicroads to conduct vehicle inspections.
    Club must enforce registration requirements and log book use.
    Big job for the nominated person if the club has lots of vehicles. Maybe a reason for some clubs to require a normal RWC?

17. AdamBorzy

AdamBorzy New Member

That includes renewal, update or replacements of licenses with Vic… no much difference…

18. wbx4me

wbx4me Member

The angle on RWC is explained fairly clearly on VWCOV... The club is responsible for verifying RW condition of vehicles that they issue plates / rego for. VWCOV has chosen to use an annual RWC as the criteria for the club verifying RW condition of the vehicle .. ie they are shifting the risk to an approved RWC testing station so that the club doesnt carry the liability of inspecting a vehicle for RW condition... I imagine that most clubs would adopt a similar postion.

19. AdamBorzy

AdamBorzy New Member

That's right... :)

20. Alpal

The club scheme is fairly liberal in its application but when all is said and done, the owner/driver is ultimately responsible for their ride. With full reg you can get a RWC then give back the wheels you borrowed and put back the slicks. Who is responsible? The scheme recognises that clubs and members are knowledgeable and responsible regarding their vehicles.