1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Club Permit...

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by Fooksy, Nov 24, 2011.

1. KOMBI NIKO

KOMBI NIKO Member

So with the club rego in vic would it be possible to run a lowered bus or is this considered a major mod?

2. Pastit

Pastit Member

Maybe you'd be better going for a hotrod club?

3. Marlyn

Marlyn Active Member

With my classic motorcycle club rego in NSW the vehicle must be comprehensively insured to be eligible, as far as modifications are concerned they Must be period to the vehicle IE; cafe racer Nortons Triumph BSA etc low bars ducktail seats all acceptable however they will be subject to the clubs inspector and his / her interpretation for a >30yr old gadget !
    Cheers Mark

4. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Will depend on State you are in and the club.
    In Vic certain mods will require engineering certification. Clubs are acting as agents of Vicroads so must comply with registration requirements. Some clubs require an annual roadworthy and will only accept standard vehicles. eg VW Club Vic.

5. KOMBI NIKO

KOMBI NIKO Member

Not worried about engineering certification as my father in law does this, but I do want to run IRS rear, front disks and maybe 3" lower from stock. What members have these mods and are in a club?

6. Blunderbus

Blunderbus Active Member

So to put my 74 bus on club do i need to join a club , i been in other vehicle clubs before and got sick of all the politics and infighting that goes on.

Rosscoe likes this.
  7. Alpal

That's a yes for Victoria. Have sent you a PM.

8. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Join the club to get your Special Interest/ Historic rego - YOU do not have to get involved in politics etc for the club (=no different to joining a sports club - stay in the background) get what you want - do not think there is an annual check by the club BUT you would no doubt have to have a record (log book) of events AND attendances ?

No doubt if you choose a club via VW affiliates they may just treat you right.

IF you're a tight wad then the rules are there and you need to read them and Club is akin to Special Interest or Historic - if you want to drive it then the rules are there for you to take a cheap rego, insurance well that's your compensation issue to deal with.

9. Desmond

Desmond New Member

Hi guys, hope you're well.

Just wanted to get a 2015 update! Are there any other clubs in Vic that do Historic Permits? Wondering if there's a club more Kombi specific, as opposed to general VW clubs.

Thanks for any help.

10. KahunaKombi

2 Vic clubs you could contact to see if you can get Special Interest/Historic rego with their help are Volksclub, Bendigo Rhet Nankervis 03 5443 7504 & Volkswagen Club of Victoria Inc www.vwclub.com.au

Cheers,
    Bert

11. Desmond

Desmond New Member

Thanks for your reply, Bert. I've emailed the VW Club and I'll give Volksclub a call, too.

Thanks again.

12. KahunaKombi

:D No worries :) glad to be able to put something up that may help you

13. reelmick

reelmick Member

Im in a nsw club and it suits me fine, with 3 cars you cant drive them all at once so the club rego is good ,nsw clubs set there own rules and ours is 10 k for a test,petrol or repair run without permission .you can drive it anytime, anywhere with with a permission to move from the club registrar. Mick

14. KahunaKombi

Think Qld is a 25klm run for test, tune, repair etc - think somewhere Brenndon (lifeinthelowlane) posted this figure BUT it may be less.

15. DakDak67

DakDak67 Active Member

It's 15 km's .

16. KahunaKombi

Thanks for confirming :D

17. Alpal

Better in sunny Victoria. Just need to fill out the logbook and roll. Only limitation is days per year. $71.20 for 45 days.. Or double up for 90..
    Easy peasy??
    The 'old' scheme had limitations on use, club sanctioned etc.

Mindbodysoul7 likes this.
  18. Vormamim

Vormamim New Member

You can join a 'sporting car' type club which take in all sorts. Most clubs frown on people joining for 'cheap rego' because people are unlikely to get involved with the effort needed to put on events and organise runs etc., Club VW will make you wait a year I think, which is reasonable IMHO. I'm in the Alfa Romeo Club and that's quite small in comparison, there should be someone in any club who will give you excellent advice and assistance. Small clubs share the load, for example, a recent Alfa run of (400kms) around Moss Vale had plenty of Volvos, Porsches, Datsuns, Fords, Minis etc., Alfa organised it, others join in, so an active club will have invites all the time. You are also allowed to drive it around for 'maintenance' purposes, so if you're a weekend driver ... club plates make a good option as you can go for a blast. Classic Rally Club are good example of this co-op. Even if you're not into a competition -- the social rally is lots of fun - beats standing in a field looking at cars ...

19. Alpal

Bottom line is:
    State rules differ. Check your local authority. Usually available on line.
    Club rules apply. Check club options.