1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confest 2008/09

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cammokombi, Jul 24, 2008.

1. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

Is anyone going to Confest at the end of this year?

2. Archeress

Archeress Guest

Is that a festival for Cons ???:D

3. 4inabus

4inabus Active Member

My first thought too..:(

What is it? :eek:

4. GoblinSA

GoblinSA New Member

Nah, have given confest a miss for a while - everytime I go it seems to be in the middle of a heat wave. Is it still at Gulpa?

5. Wag67

Wag67 New Member

meant to be a very good weekend and they are trying to organise one up here in Brisbane as well

ConFest A CONFERENCE-FESTIVAL

Explore wellbeing ways - drumming, dancing, storytelling and friendly chats at firecircles. Make links with others. Relax among new friends. Share healing ways in hundreds of workshops and mini-conferences. Have an outdoor massage (over 30 tables). Go into the steam lodge. Have a swim.
    Slow down in a safe friendly environment. Dance the nights away with thousands under the Southern Stars.

ConFest (Conference/Festival) is a gathering of people wishing to share talents, skills, ideas, concerns and philosophies in a caring fun loving and tolerant atmosphere. The presentation of workshops, demonstrations, entertainments and the maintenance of site facilities are all performed by volunteers, monetary payment is neither accepted nor made.

At ConFest, people often set up villages with differing themes, some of the villages have been: Healing Village (a wide range of healing ways), Spiritual Village (spiritual ways and ceremonies), Arts Village (all forms of art,mud bath and hot tub), Families Village, Spiral Village (drumming/well-being), Yoga Village, etc. etc.. Little is pre-planned and events happen spontaneously. ConFest is a very unique event and all attending speak of the 'ConFest spirit' as something very special. In the Music Village, and at odd spaces around our site, performers include acoustic, folk, jazz, reggae, world and indigenous musical acts as well as some circus, theatre, comedy and poetry on an open air stage. As well spontaneous music, dance and art events and happenings that can emerge anywhere at any time. Once inside, all events are free. Join us for a fabulous communal experience

6. Archeress

Archeress Guest

sounds interesting...perhaps even i would fit in...

7. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

Conference Festival Dec 28th to early Jan 09

Basically confest is the ultimate alternative lifestyle camp out in Australia. Within the privately owned campsite there are organized conferences or events. These range from art, poetry,meditation,massage,health and healing to dance,drumming,fire twirling,lots of music etc. Its very alternative and a little bit hippy! But loads of fun and a unique experience. Google it youll find it.
    cammo.

8. Zombi

Zombi Active Member

hope it's warm weather for those who opt for no clothes.

9. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

I wish it were warm now

I wish Melbournes weather would warm up soon. I'm all wintered out!!!!
    Cammo

10. Macca-deluxe75

Macca-deluxe75 Member

It was a lovely day today cammo... I didn't even have my jumper or five layer of clothing on that I usually do this time of year and the wind was a nice warm northerly..:D

11. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

Cool

Cool or should I say Warm! Ha Ha

12. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member