Convoy chit chat on UHF Radios

Discussion in 'The National Kombi Club Bus Stop 2008' started by cammokombi, Mar 1, 2008.

1. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

Repco have easter specials on now! UHF hand held Uniden radios $49.99 a pair. Ideal for convoys so you dont miss out on all the convoy social chit chat. KC uses chanel 18 on convoys etc.
    Cammo.

2. BargeArse

BargeArse Active Member

Ahhhh... thanks for reminding me, Cammo. I knew there was something else I had to add to the 'must get' list before Eden. I tell you what, this list is getting longer and longer!

3. glow-monkey

glow-monkey Active Member

And the days to go shorter and shorter, thanks for the heads up Cammo.

4. StevieVW

StevieVW Well-Known Member

Picked up my set the other day, They're great; we use them at work all the time. I need to work out what I need to pack.

5. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Vot is this chat chit shtuffink?? Soundink nasty!

6. glow-monkey

glow-monkey Active Member

Anyone still intending to go out and get UHF, i know time is short but shop around, I had planned to buy the uniden plus one pack (in car plus one hand held) so that i could hand one to somebody else if ever out with somebody who ddnt have UHF, had found a great price after a late night on the internet but couldnt be guaranteed to have it arrive before i leave, so ran around toowoomba today, couldnt find anyone with the plus one kit in stock, ended up buying a motorola 2watt hand held twin pack. Heres the important part, went to WOW they had them there for $189 on special reduced from $239, i wanted to get a cradle and car charger and asked if they had them as well, yeah another $229 for a kit that included 2 Vox headsets, 2 speaker mikes car cradle and chrger, total $418, was more than i wanted to pay so i kept looking, went into a small auto electrical specialty store, same units with the same car pack as a bundle for $229 the lot. Moral of the story is dont just believe the big guys have the best deals, This worked out cheaper than the plus one in car kit and i now have the advantage of two good range hand held units that i can take hiking or mountain biking as well.

7. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

We got ourselves a set of these... gee, they're tiny... now Alice and I will have a radio each! I hope no-one else wanted to use the channel.... :D

8. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

Ready for UHF trivia?

I hope you are all full of it? Trivia that ia! So we can play UHF trivia along the way.
    Cammo.

9. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

Great idea Cammo! As I am re-reading the Dune series (just about finished Dune Messiah - only 12 books to go!), expect plenty of questions from me that Dunegirl will know, like: "What was the name of the Duke Leto's mentat?" :D

10. Royce

Royce Active Member

??

Is it Hughie?