"CONVOY" from Brisbane to KlubFest - Sat 16 June

Discussion in 'Klub Fest 2007' started by kyznet, Jun 4, 2007.

1. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Just wondering if anyone is interested in joining us for a convoy/cruise down the M1 from Brisbane to KlubFest??

We're aiming to meet at the old IKEA car park at Springwood on Saturday, 16 June at 9.00am.

An easy cruise down the M1 to meet up with other KCers who are already there at Southport. We will do lunch with these guys, so bring your eating legs with you, and then we'll all cruise together to the KlubFest site for entry at 2.00pm so we can set up camp and begin the party.

Of course, anyone from the Sunny Coast or further afield who may be travelling down to KlubFest is very welcome. The more, the merrier. :D

Look forward to seeing a few of you then. I'll give more details about where we're going for lunch when I have a chat to Judy/ByronBug.

2. Interested!

yes i am defently interested and mum said it is a goer we will probs down that way cuz i rlly wanna got to the drive in onfriday just got no were to park the kombi for the nite!

3. Spinner

Spinner New Member

kl69, you can park at my place in manly as i am not driving down until saturday. anyone is welcome. i have plenty of floor space if you dont want to sleep in kombis. just PM me to let me know

4. Spinner

Spinner New Member

oh by the way Kyra, will join you guys if there is a convoy going down. My god, not long lie in, oh woe is me!!! just will have to make sure that the caffeine levels are up!!

5. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Excellent Spinner - we'll be sure to get you a XL coffee from across the road before we set off. Will ring you later about other bits and pieces.

6. Spinner

Spinner New Member

sounds good, babe. mine is XXL black with a double shot.

MMMmmmm I do like em hot and black!!!

7. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

Hi crew,
    Michelle (Mish13) has booked us a table at Southport Sharks for lunch on Sat. Melissa and I will catch up with you there, we are hoping to have the pleasure of Doc's and Kombiwidow's company as well!!!!!!!!! It's going to be a great weekend!..............Lorraine

8. Doc

Doc Active Member

Kombiwidow reading over my shoulder(I'm in the kitchen on her laptop) reminds me I am working friday and will have to leave in the wee small hours Saturday to get there by Lunch Saturday, but can be done!!

9. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

Lunch is booked for 12oclock at the Southport Sharks....booked a table for 20
    ( & I'm in the kitchen too Doc...on Micks laptop...hehehe)
    Judy

10. tstrawb

tstrawb New Member

Sorry to jump in but is anybody heading down Sunday morn?

11. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

I know Bert is going down Sunday morning quite early, so you could hook up with him somewhere. That would be quite a sight to see the two of you cruising down the M1.

Thanks Judy and Michelle for booking us in for lunch - sounds very exciting.

For those of you from Brissie, if we're meeting at 9.00am, we can nip across to the Coffee Club to prise Kim/Spinner's eyes open, stock up on caffeine, and then we can have an easy cruise before we meet up with everyone at Southport.

Judy also mentioned that they are going past The Bus Stop before lunch, but not sure if anyone/everyone wants to go there? Roy will probably be madly organising things for KF, so we might just add to his headache. Although, he could make good $$ out of us all visiting The Shrine. :D

Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
  12. ruby6689

Hope I didn't put any pressure on you Doc, but it would be nice if you could both join us for lunch......question is will you be there with or without Marley???????....Lorraine

13. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

I am taking Necro over to visit the Bus Stop for a "lust & look see".
    We won't disturb Roy as I know he will be preparing for Klubfest..
    I thought Necro would like to see where the "magic happens" while he was up this way thats all....
    Then heading over to have lunch with some of you.
    Judy

14. ruby6689

Judy and Necro are meeting Melissa and I there as we have a few things to pick up from Johnnies
    Judy do we need to put a seperate thread up for the lunch so we can get numbers?
    ........Lorraine

15. sam and kirk

sam and kirk Member

we are heading down Sunday morning

Hey Tstrawb,

Kirk and I are heading down Sunday morning, not too sure what time we are leaving yet. We live on the southside, so if you are keen to meet up somewhere, let us know. Might be an early start though!

16. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

No worries - we'll just go and have a play around Southport while you're on your way. I can imagine Necro's eyes will fall out of his head at Roy's, which wouldn't be very good, as Klowns generally need their eyes to put eye make up on!! :)

17. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

ok L will start an new thread just @ lunch
    Judy

18. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

Hi would love to join the Kombi Konvoy but the brakes on Bessie are a bit suss at the moment.I'll probably have to take Kats car down instead:(

19. Spinner

Spinner New Member

you could still join the convoy, indigo. make sure you have your sticker that says 'my other car is a kombi' and it will all be good.

see you there, i'll be the one with the xxl black coffee in hand, sucking away at it to get my levels up!!

20. tstrawb

tstrawb New Member

No worries, i'll have a talk to 77bay and see what time he's looking at and try and organize something. i'm all for a early start.