1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convoy From Newcastle Thursday 24/3

Discussion in 'The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2016' started by melissa, Feb 22, 2016.

1. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

We will be heading off from Newcastle and heading to Forbes via Dunedoo and Dubbo on Thursday 24th March. We would rather avoid Sydney the day before Easter break. Looking at leaving Newcastle at 6am and probably stopping for lunch at Dubbo.

Debstar likes this.
  2. Marlyn

Marlyn Active Member

We , Dave and Cindy ,Mark and Sue and Lynda and I will probably leave after lunch on Wednesday staying in Gulgong over night . Thursday , check out the town and head off to Forbes to arrive mid afternoon .
    Cheers Mark

DaveC. likes this.
  3. melissa

No worries - I hope we don't catch up with you!! I mean that in the best possible way - if we catch up, that means you have problems - and we don't want that! ;)

4. DaveC.

DaveC. Member

We hope to leave about 8am on Wednesday and have an overnight stay about midway distance. Taking T4 for a run this time!

5. Otto

Otto Member

Hi Mel, Rose & I were planning to leave Thursday morning also. Are you organising a Komvoy ?If so let me know as we may be able to join you. Cheers Wayne

6. Tequila Sunrise

Tequila Sunrise Active Member

Craig and I will be leaving Thursday but really doubt to be organised at 6am due to work commitments. I am sure Scotty will have the VB's ready for Craig when we arrive late Thursday lol!
    Looking forward to a great time once again!

7. melissa

Hi Wayne - how about we meet up at the start of the Expressway at 6am? I know it sounds early but I don't want to rush but I still want to get there in day light.

Come on Jacqui!! get Craig moving and join us - nah, it's ok - we will see you there with the beers on ice :)

ruby6689 likes this.
  8. Otto

Otto Member

Thanks Mel, sounds like a plan. But lunch in Dubbo sounds like we will be traversing the black strip at Nanna speed? Cheers Wayne

9. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

Will you be passing the Central Coast, if so we could link up at Ourimbah rest area. If so only set a small window and whoever is there great but if late would have to catch up?

10. melissa

Sorry Phil - we want to avoid Sydney so we are going out through the Hunter Valley. It's tough for Central Coasters as you are already half way to Sydney - check the Google maps:
    https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/...609b4904379d0!2m2!1d148.0080124!2d-33.3853703

Nana speed Wayne??? haha - I am driving Little Red. We will probably be further than Dubbo for lunch - we can just play it by ear but I have never driven out there before.

Debstar likes this.
  11. Otto

Otto Member

Hey Mel , I was figuring a 4 to 4.5 hr trip. That would put us in Dubbo in time for Little lunch and well before Big lunch, but as you mention we can play it by ear ."Otto" was returned to his fightful owner last night without a single blemish and running tickety boo . Cheers , Wayne

Debstar and melissa like this.
  12. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

Let us know your ETA in Dubbo, we'll meet you there.

Debstar likes this.
  13. Debstar

Debstar Well-Known Member

We are looking at leaving western side of Lake Macquarie around 8am with a couple of stops along the way (gotta have those wee breaks :rolleyes: )if this suits anyone to travel along more than welcome :) looking forward to catching up with those we met at Sawtell & meeting new folks :D cheers BillHily's co-pilot ;)

73kombi and ruby6689 like this.
  14. Debstar

Would've loved to travel along with you but unfortunately can't leave that early we will be about 2 hours behind you :) Happy trails ;) cheers

73kombi likes this.
  15. melissa

Deb - are you going the same direction as us or going to join in with the Central Coast crew and head via Sydney?

73kombi and Debstar like this.
  16. Debstar

Hi hun, same direction as you :) I have to get Ainslee organized for the morning first for Josh to drop her off at her day program providing he is not working, hence the later start, ya get that :confused:

melissa and 73kombi like this.
  17. Otto

Otto Member

Sorry Mel, Major client requires my presence at Muswellbrook on the 24th mid morning so I will not be able to travel early morning, will most likely arrive Forbes Thursday night. Sad that not everybody understands the importance of a Bus Stop. Cheers Wayne

18. melissa

No worries Wayne :) - see you there

73kombi likes this.
  19. Debstar

Hey Wayne would you like to travel rest of the way with us? We reckon we will get to Muswellbrook around 10ish + cheers Deb & Phil BillHily's crew

ruby6689 likes this.
  20. Otto

Otto Member

Hey Guys, Thanks for the offer, if the timing is right we will definitely join you but unfortunately this client is a T crosser and an I dotter so I am expecting a late start for the pilgrimage to Forbes. Cheers Wayne & Rose