Cooking...

Discussion in 'The First national Kombi Club Bus Stop 2007' started by Necro, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Necro

Necro Active Member

Cooking Faclities...are there any....?

I am thinking of being slack and bringing the bare minimum in cooking implements, is there a bbq to cook on....geez I still haven't packed....arrggghhh!

What to bring, what to bring....?

and then theres food....as far as a dish goes....does some snags and bread count....

So little time, so many juggling balls.....

2. GypsyWannabe

GypsyWannabe Active Member

Oh! That's what Melissa meant when she said "Bring a dish"...! :eek:

I told my wife I had to take a dish for Friday night and she said, "Look, I said you could go go but there's no way you're taking some floozy with you!"

Of course, straight away I told her the only dish I was interested in was her... do you think she believed me? ;)

Baz

PS. I probably won't get there until sometime Saturday morning, anyway (in the interests of domestic harmony...)

3. TasDeb

TasDeb New Member

I know what you mean, I have been busy stuffing things into the Kombi tonight and then thought about food. What a shame the Spirit hasn't got a supermarket on board and I dont suppose they will let me down stairs to give her a quick polish with all those hours to spare. we will be off the Ferry at 7am stop at a supermarket and be at the meeting place in plenty of time, I hope!

4. kommodius

kommodius New Member

Oh thou most careless of clowns!
    Melissa's magnificent website states quite clearly that there is a barbeque available to us! Wasn't it Shakespeare who said, "Fear not, for thine snags shall sizzle!"
    I will have to stand on someone's bullbar and look you in the eye sirra and insist that you do your homework!!

Ray & da Boyz (who are much taller than Ray!)

5. Doc

Doc Active Member

But one must remember Ray:
    "The quality of mercy is not strain'd.
    It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
    Upon the place beneath.
    It is twice blest:
    It blesseth him that gives and him that takes."
    I believe Portia is referring to a clown and his juggling balls!

6. Doc

Doc Active Member

But lo Antonio does quote:
    "These griefs and losses have so bated me, that I shall hardly spare a pound of flesh to-morrow to my bloody creditor."
    Obviously referring to a lend of a cold sausage or two to a hungry clown.
    Have fun in Canberra

7. Necro

Necro Active Member

Alas poor Necro, he's in a panic....
    Wherefore are thy answers, when one is manic...

8. HempKombi

HempKombi New Member

Cooking? Food? Geez, I guess I have to replan the whole weekend now.
    Dave, I'll be bringing some essentials, re a pot, some cheap frying pans and some cooking utensils as well. If I'm not using them, you are more than welcome to help yourself. As long as they are returned cleaner than when you took them.
    I am sure with the number of people there, cooking supplies will be a plenty....

(sorry, don't know any Shakespeare, and too tired too rhyme)
    (and that being my 300th post, I am now regular!)

9. kommodius

kommodius New Member

I doubt that our poor, though tall, clown could consume the full pound of flesh.

But, good Doctor, "I see, sir, you are liberal in offers" but of mercy remember,
    "It blesseth him that gives and him that takes:
    'Tis mighty in the mightiest: it becomes
    The throned monarch better than his crown;"

I feel sure that we can contribute heat to Necro's " barbeque pack", so long as there is no "christian blood" to confound the lawyers! (especially at Easter!)

Ray & da Boyz

10. Carolin

Carolin New Member

Cooking Facilities

I contacted the caravan park. There is an indoor BBQ area with microwave, kettle & TV. No oven. Not sure about a frige. Sounds very basic.

11. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

Will Necro make it in time?

Somebody didnt read the threads did they?
    Poor old clown is not a happy camper. If you want to buy a very cheap portable camping stove with slot in butane cans then Super Cheap Auto has them for around $20. Buy onions and sausages around $6 and have yourself a BBQ at the Van Park. Remember that most shops are shut on public holidays. So I think you had better get organized today for feeding yourself for tomorrow onwards.

Stove- $20
    BBQ Food -$6
    Watching Necro go camping - priceless!

Ha Ha - Just stiring mate! I hope you get it all together in time to join the convoy at 9AM in the morning. See You then. We will keep our fingers crossed that you do make it on time. I look forward to catching up again.
    Regards,
    Cammo.

12. kombidaze

kombidaze Member

i thought this was going to be a group hug kind of event if necro or anyone else for that matter is light on cooking gear then i would assume that another kombi club member would be more than willing to lend him or her the required implements, i will bring along my small stove and gas bottle as an emergency lend out unit plus i hope to cook up a big pasta meal (vegetarian of course) to share on friday night

13. HempKombi

HempKombi New Member

with you on that one kombidaze. I usually bring enough food to feed a small army, so i don't think anyone has any where of going hungry.
    BRING ON THE FOOD FOR ALL!!

14. Kombi Dad

Kombi Dad Well-Known Member

15. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Yes, don't panic about cooking and stuff.... everything will be just fine. Bring a dish with you for Friday night that doesn't need cooking like a bowl of salad or some sort of dessert.

16. Necro

Necro Active Member

Hehehheehehe..! I is a very excited clown....

My first big trip....Cammo, I love camping, used to do it all the time....
    Just been a long time....Still having nightmares about last trip and my woes...
    Thanks for the tips on cooking and stuff, have a kitchen in the Kombi, but it's not that easy or ergonomic at 6'4"...one day I woll have a swing out kitchen so I can cook standing outside...I have plenty of headroom, just the bench is so low.....

But Miss Lulu is serviced and I must say very pretty...I love coming back to her after being away from her....I am still yet to pack...but I am about to do it....I can't wait for it...so excited.....If only I had got her new curtains made....

Canberra, here comes da clown....

See you there everybody....

17. kommodius

kommodius New Member

We're looking forward to meeting you too mate!
    6'4"!!!! I'll have to stand on my bumper bar or you won't know I'm there!!!

Ray & da Boyz

18. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

I couldnt resist

Glad to see most things have gone to plan. I couldnt resist I had to jump on KC. I have packed the laptop but I fired up the old puter. Its so old it runs on gas! But it does the job. Bit like a kombi. Might be slow but it gets there in the end! How the heck are we gunna get any sleep? Im excited as! Hey Necro maybe we should have organised a card night and stayed up till 9am? Oh well, maybe next year! Guess I'll catch up with the convoy in the morning. CYA!