1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling hose total replacement

Discussion in 'T3 & T4 Tech Help Clinic' started by beastieboy, Mar 20, 2017.

1. beastieboy

beastieboy Active Member

I don't remember any free parts Phil?
    I've bought 3 or 4 things from you over about 8 years, and coughed up the cash as usual. Always pay my way.
    Never had any issue with you supplying me things and always felt cost was decent. I see no highway robbery or any arm twisting whatsoever.
    What was the part? I have no recollection of this?
    (Update... actually I do. When I first joined you taught me how to make the window wipers intermittent by removing the spacer block from the window wiper switch. From memory you sent me a relay that enabled this, and I have been most respectful ever since for you doing this. I have no beef with you, and we have done some decent dealings between us since then. I see no problem. From then on I payed you and you delivered. That's fine and as it should be and we helped each other out. If I had spares you needed I'd do the same. Fairs fair and I respect that.)
    I do use a P.O Box but that's no security breach mechanism or anything if that's the issue. Costs over $100 now a year for a P.O box so if you don't use it it's a waste of $$$. True that this way people I have not met don't get my address. Sounds normal to me and wise really.

In regards to Van Cafe - Yeah... I want the cookies too!:D
    Now you will all tell me how delicious the are won't you? Just to rub it in?:) Ha!
    JK and Gowesty are my picks though, and I've had zero issues with either of them. Always spot on for me and I can't fault them.
    They actually CAN respond with firm AND REASONABLE shipping quotes ON THE SPOT, and I'm delighted they do! Pleasure doing business with them and happy to be a returning customer. Just saying....

I walk through life hassle free. I'm a straight up friendly bloke and I don't muck around and get to the point without beating round the bush. I'd expect the same from whoever, and treat people how they treat me. Never my intent on causing conflict, and happy to back down in arguments, as I have no will to gain status or big-up myself from things so petty and overall far from worthwhile for the effort. I state what happened and that's it. No sugar coating, no exaggeration, how it was is how it is. Nothing more, nothing less. Straight out life experience.
    I am talking from a customer perspective. I laugh when people point the finger and comment "It's you!!!" Like my methods and money are abnormal. I deal with customer service too!
    I get the impression some people are having issues with me being vocal, confident and somewhat outspoken in personality. I'm unsure why it's maybe getting taken personally to heart if that's the case when nothing is aimed at anyone unless you are out headhunting for me. I respond accordingly as you would in that scenario.
    Hopefully that clears it up with anyone looking too deeply into things for whatever reason.
    (It's yoooooooouuuuu! Hahah! I love it!):)
    It all falls off me like water off a ducks back....

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  2. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

I also recall your early posts, and they did come across as a little paranoid, and untrusting of anyone on the internet, which is actually wise.

I feel, since then, you've come to realise the T3 brotherhood, and others at KC, are more than just a bunch of random "keyboard warriors", and actually real people, (many of which have met each other, have their contact numbers, know & have even stayed at their addresses), and are only more than happy to help out others. ;)

Your question was if anyone else has had similar troubles to yours, when dealing with offshore parts suppliers, and many have responded with "no".

This only answers your question, but doesn't /can't explain why your attempts have got such poor results.:confused:

Maybe it's your dodgy Adelaide address? :p

beastieboy likes this.
  3. beastieboy

beastieboy Active Member

Thing is... for all the good things that happened to you. I respect that, and you are honest for it. Good on ya mate. That's the attitude. Even if your goods never came through or whatever I'd be hearing what you are saying regardless. All good there. no problem. Safe.
    Problem I experience more than anything is if my attempts don't seem to go to plan, or the same as other peoples customer experience, it seems to become a thorn in the side for people. Then they start questioning what it is you have done. As if I used Morse code or pigeon to place my order or some unorthodox method.
    So there is some hardcore loyalty to the shop. Ok cool, lets be honest though, we don't need to defend them like they are gods. Maybe the owner was busy on the toilet, or didn't go to work that day, or the computer broke, or 100 other factors that were not taken into consideration that any of us don't even know, that caused the whole situation to go down like it did. Sure I get left hanging as you would in that scenario.
    Instead they point the finger and say "It must be you" like I spoke in ancient Latin or something abnormal?

4. beastieboy

beastieboy Active Member

LOL yeah they see the suburb and think oh no way!!!!

Grantus likes this.
  5. beastieboy

beastieboy Active Member

You pull some funny one liners Grantus.
    Syncro has a subtle humour too.
    Luckyphil is most helpful go to man on here.
    DavidH is a general legend.
    Sean is a champ.
    You 5 are good for reaching out.
    I don't really sorta talk much inbox style or know anyone else much on here, but generally I read a bit about things on the forums, and try to find useful information and read peoples experiences. My aim was never to befriend the entire online community. Information gathering and practical knowledge about the van and a bit of friendly banter and a laugh with like minded people is what I'm into. Not afraid to be a learner either, because that's how you actually learn isn't it?
    I am never claiming to be an "expert" van owner.
    I just bought a van from a mate for $1500 about 9-10 years ago and somehow the thing keeps on ticking and going up in value it seems, and here I am Today, still loving the machine that has got me out of a lot of life s@#t (like moving house and chances to work jobs because I had a van) and given me many a holiday adventure around South Australia.
    That's my story. No Guru or anything. Not affiliated with VW as a company. I'm just online figuring things out and how to fix stuff. Nothing to prove here or any recognition to achieve, nor am I in an attempt to take ownership of the net. Just sitting online having a chat about things basically and watching feathers get ruffled which is amusing I'll admit. :D
    Giving out your address is also a nice way to possibly locate a van, which I am aware of, and in South Australia they are rare as hens teeth.
    A mate of mine had a Honda CRX. Hard car to get parts for. He had a car accident and wrote it off. Loved the car so much he bought another one, and bought his wreck back off insurance. He rebuilt his new car with bits from the wreck. Leftovers he attempted to sell online in forums.
    Couple of people came round to check it out but never bought anything. Day or so later someone arrives in the night and starts dismantling it in the driveway. He woke up to his car in pieces and partially damaged as they had removed parts from it overnight.
    Better safe than sorry.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  6. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

One of these days someones going to get busted importing those cookies.

7. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

I have never had trouble buying from VanCafe or Go Westy. But I suppose some people have never had trouble with Telstra. Maybe it's because they don't have a phone?:eek:

8. beastieboy

beastieboy Active Member

Still waiting on things from Europe. All good though :)

9. Mellow Yellow 74

Mellow Yellow 74 Active Member

Nope, I have ordered heaps of VW stuff from the US (Van Café, Go Westy, CIP1, KGPR, eVW, Bus Depot, eBay and Samba classifieds) with no dramas. One of the vendors (Bus Depot I think) wouldn't accept one of my credit cards so I just used a different one. Yes, some vendors and eBay/Samba sellers don't ship internationally but most do.

Yeah, I always wonder if it is going to be an issue with customs as well but it never seems to be.

10. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

It just shows how much illegal stuff must get through if they can't find a cookie.

11. Grantus

What's illegal about a commercially produced and packaged cookie from the USA? o_O

Heaps of food and produce is already imported into Australia from the US........

Luckyphil likes this.
  12. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Yep.
    That's why I carefuly check the country of origin on most food at the supermarket ;)

13. Grantus

As do I Col, but more often than not, I read "made from local & imported ingredients", with NO reference to WHERE those bits are imported from....:mad:

14. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Yep.
    I make a guess and usualy reject .

15. Gerry and Robyn

Gerry and Robyn Active Member

How about we change this post from "coolant hose" to...."cookie woes"?

David H likes this.
  16. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Or.
    Don't ya hate it when your cookie crumbles when you dunk it. ?

Gerry and Robyn likes this.
  17. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

You're kidding?

Haven't you ever travelled overseas or read a customs declaration? Ever watched those customs shows?

18. Grantus

I have Phill, and see that quarantine is very keen on confiscating animal, seed & plant matter, and anything else that could be a bio or disease hazard, but usually commercially produced and packaged items are cleared.....

It's quite possible that customs have already found the odd imported cookie with car parts, and simply cleared it.

I bought a T3 dash cluster from the US, and the seller packed it in a cardboard box that was used prior for meat small goods, turned inside out, so he could label the package on blank cardboard. Customs intercepted the box, repacked my cluster in a clean box, destroyed the US cardboard one, and enclosed a note to me, to tell the seller that no meat product boxes are allowed, for future reference. ;)

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  19. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

They had some political speak term a few years back that translated to.
    " we have virtualy discontinued inspections until the s### hits the fan( or we gain equilibrium with the mist toxic countries on the planet).
    After a bunch of diseases gained entry they had a cocktail party and reinstated full inspection.
    Definition I think is "10% of incoming containers checked."
    Think capture of drugs is a similar rate ?

I have crossed with ,freshly canned oysters, honey ( including in comb), fruitcake, with no issues.
    Packed meat and honey is readily available in duty free in NZ.
    They just need to inspect them and it helps to have correct documentation if required plus know what is permitted into each country.
    As Grant said. Its a matter of bio security. Bugs we don't have or want.

20. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

You are required to declare ALL food items whether processed or not. No declaration and you are liable to a fine whether it can be allowed in or not. It's exactly the same with timber or if you are bringing in more than $10k in cash. Don't you people read the declarations that you sign?