1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corinbank 09 Festival ACT

Discussion in 'ACT' started by Grantus, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Firstly a huge thanks to KC member Phantom, and to the 2 DSK members who helped out this year- Awesome job, all of you, and I hope the light workload I'd organised, allowed you enough "downtime" with your chosen guest, to soak up the rest of the festival.

Thought it was kinda cool that the mountain bike team, mentioned and thanked the Kombi Club to all the dozen riders on all 7 runs over the weekend.

Also that the band "The Little Stevies" gave praise to their awesome Kombi transport on stage, during their gig. :)

Thanks again to all the volunteers that donated their time and vehicles, to help out this year.

A few pics of the motley crew of dubs that helped out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Grantus

3. Grantus

My photo accreditation had the title - "Transport Manager" :lol: :eek:

[​IMG]

As you all saved me from a repeat of 08 (over 1500kms for my two buses and saw not enough of the festival), I personally want to thank you, and if I get offered the gig again in 2010, you'll all be the first to know!

Was an excellent festival - great music, 50 bands over 3 days, (apart from the overload of hiphop/rap on the front stage Sat night Phantom:( ), excellent food, and fantastic atmosphere.

4. BargeArse

BargeArse Active Member

Well done Grant, Phantom and the two DSKers for helping out with the transportation side of things for this year's festival. How could any of the artists not have had a good time after seeing that line-up of courtesy vehicles???

Congrats on getting the job for next year too, Grant. Obviously you've done something right again this time 'round. Who knows, maybe in 2010 you might just be giving At Sea a lift. Here's hoping! (thanks again for trying to get us on the bill this year too, mate. :))

5. phantom

phantom Member

Was a great weekend and a huge pat on the back to Grantus, who put all the paperwork and stuff together. It was great to get 5 Kombi's out there of different ages, conditions and styles.

Kombi's with drivers....
    [​IMG]

Part of the festival...
    [​IMG]

Lets have a huge crew for next year hey? Good to catch up with the DSK team too. As for Saturday night's music....hmmm... :umm:

6. Grantus

As I was the only one there for the closing ceremony, I'd like to report on the awesome gesture:

We lost an ACT fire fighter in Vic due to a falling tree on the back of a tanker. The local Rural Fire Service (Tidbinbilla Brigade), wandered the crowd with fire helmets to accept cash donations to raise funds for the family.

Artist / Sculpture John Gosch, (who does fantastic work out of salvaged disused farm equipment - everything from chain and horse shoes to shovels) donated a piece for public auction.

Bidding started low and was finally won by musician Mat McHugh, (the second last act on mainstage), at $500. Mat came back onstage, admired the wonderful piece of sculpture, and donated the piece to the family as well as the funds.! :eek:

Excellent stuff!

7. Royce

Royce Active Member

Great story, great pics and great gesture. Sorry I couldn't be part of it. Maybe next year when the kids are a little older.