1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Costume Kapers

Discussion in 'The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2014' started by melissa, Mar 7, 2014.

1. DaveC.

DaveC. Member

I watched a Western movie the other day, there were Mexicans, Indians, dancing saloon girls. If that helps with some ideas.
    I will be in a potato sack type outfit ?????:lol:
    Marney

2. jobell

jobell Active Member

Have costume, can travel! Only slight agonizing involved. I normally deal with costumed events through non attendance....

3. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

I need a slinger for my gun!

4. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Costume ordered hopefully it arrives in time

5. Ninga

Ninga Well-Known Member

I'm the opposite, I love to dress up! If you're worried about looking silly Joanne, stand next to me. My costume will make you look good! :D I ordered little Gracie a costume today. We are just a wee bit excited about the weekend.

Chrissy.

6. jobell

jobell Active Member

My partner seems to think that IF he can come he should be exempt from dressing up. I'm going shopping tomorrow for some accessories to fix that. Shopping list: Beer... To "soften" the attitude, then kid sized costume accessories of my choice :) Don't tell!

7. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

He will thank you by the end of the night Joanne

8. jobell

jobell Active Member

He's a grumpy bugger at the best of times. I probably won't know if he's coming until I drive through Canberra on my way to Yass!

9. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

My wife's Costume arrived last night, mine shouldn't be too far away.

10. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Don't tell him about his dress-up costume until Sat night.

11. jobell

jobell Active Member

Oh I won't be! Lucky all those kombi kompartments provide lots of hidey holes.

12. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

WE have costumes... Mine came a couple of weeks ago, 2 sizes too large....now that's saying something as I didn't think I would be able to get one big enough. So it's been nipped and tucked.:lol:

Andy's only arrived yesterday, the company I ordered it through was an O/S mob even though they had an Aussie web address :umm: I was advised that they were out of stock of his size after the money was paid but assured they would get one in and have it to me before my deadline. I must admit I got a shock when it did turn up.

A few accessories to be sourced and were set.

Joanne - I must admit I don't like fancy dress either but I'm quite happy I did get a costume for this year, I just hope no one recognises me.:lol:

13. jobell

jobell Active Member

My costume came a couple of days ago... I'm hoping it's not too cold on the Saturday night. Hmmm, that's if I make it, given I currently have a BROKEN kombi AGAIN.

14. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

You have to make it, kombi or no kombi.

15. jobell

jobell Active Member

Kombi or not kombi, I'm coming, but expect me to be a little ...mifffed... if I can't bring Miss D! Oddly enough, I was gifted one of those full size kombi tents for my birthday a year or two ago, and I've been wondering what use I could actually put it to. It's not small nor light, but it will fit nicely in the back of the ute. Watch out Miss D, temper tantrums are going to see you left behind in the mechanics workshop!

16. Alice in Kombiland

Alice in Kombiland Well-Known Member

Sorry I didn't get many pics. Woz took this awesome one of Dave and Jedda. And Woz and I went as a gunslinger in disguise and I was some 'lady' hanging out with him.

10014586_10154039356130114_5509490469155012569_n.jpg

77136_10201802036319201_4116573746421664833_n.jpg