Could someone please checkout a bus in Hobart?

Discussion in 'Buying and selling help' started by Jethro, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Jethro

Jethro Active Member

Hi All
    Just seeing if someone could have a look at a bus in Hobart for me that I may be interested in buying. I am happy to do a trip down myself also, just thought it would be great if someone could give me an early opinion??
    call me on zero four one zero - three zero zero - 712
    Cheers
    Geoff

2. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Hi Geoff,
    Have you got some photos of the bus. That's the best way to do "earlier opinion" without costing others time & travel & yourself. It may be 'qualified' easier that way. Always best to 'quantify' the lead before one 'runs' or asks others to spend their time;).
    Ask if the bus is known to members? Only you know what you're dealing with but please give the collective some clues as to what you're dealing with. Photo's...model...price. Maybe just do that with a trusted member;). Do it by PM on this site.
    @Mordred is also in Tas . If you have details & photos talk with him on PM. If no photos ...documented history.. be careful:mad:.
    without history:(.
    Cheers

3. Jethro

Jethro Active Member

Cheers David, thanks for that, I'll PM the member you suggested. Certainly don't want anyone to go out of their way, just thought there may be a member nearby in Hobart, and I will of course go down myself. I've given my number above so I can give all the details I have privately. It's a bus that has issues but the guy seems like a genuine seller, not a flipper so thought i should respect his sale by not having a public discussion about it. He has texted me heaps of warts and all pics over and above what is on line and told me a lot of vehicle history also so I think it's worth looking further into. I've also spoken to Andrew Dodd about a full mech job on it also, could be the one!!

Mordred likes this.
  4. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Sound move to not plaster details all over the site for flippers . ;)

Mordred and StevieVW like this.