1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COVID-19

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TeeBee, Mar 24, 2020.

1. chris taylor

chris taylor Well-Known Member

Your right Bert. That's why they have jobs and our own kids do not .If one is is really dinkum about earning a quid you will take any thing that's available at the time.And be thankfull for it,.

KahunaKombi likes this.
  2. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

no good Grant, none there, it was good for parole officer let us out for an hour to track down some food and medication, we have 2 rolls and if do the one piece trick should last us 2 till Xmas

David H and Mordred like this.
  3. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Syncro27 likes this.
  4. KahunaKombi

A mate @ High School told me his dad when in the army they used rollie papers and got an allocation of 3 - one up ..... one down ..... one polish :eek:;)

5. KahunaKombi

Like when we were @ High School - school holidays find a job no matter how menial and get some money ..... mowed lawns, washed cars worked every Saturday for 2 years @ Hawkins Nursey @ Dural NSW ..... finished Year 6 final exams (1970) and next working day down to Parramatta Council for a job working either on the Parks or Road gang = saved enough money to buy my 1st car ..... a 1962 VW Beetle

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    chris taylor likes this.
  6. chris taylor

I love yr post mate brings back a few memories .I lived in a small country town up North ,did much the same thing Bert. Borrowed the old mans Fargo Ute n cleaned up back yds.
    Can't remember what I spent the money on though .lol

KahunaKombi likes this.
  7. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

I went gathering materials today. ;)

I’m now looking at that list of “things to do, when I get time”......:D

TeeBee and chris taylor like this.
  8. nils

nils Well-Known Member

All this talk of having time off, kind of jealous actually. I'll be working straight through

9. wirrah

wirrah Well-Known Member

I'm working through as well. But my own advantage is that I can do it from home. And Lynne managed to find lots of 'loo paper. Not far from where you live actually! Said everybody in the aisle thought it was Christmas as they were all equally well behaved and polite.

elle.jpg

Syncro27, TeeBee, oldman and 3 others like this.
  10. Grantus

It’s quite concerning, that with schools closed, the amount of the students now just hanging out in malls and on the streets, treating the situation as just an extended holiday.

They really don’t get the reason the schools have closed, and that they need to STAY HOME.

Generally, responsible parental control has always been limited, or ineffective of late, so now is no different, I guess. :(

TeeBee and Luckyphil like this.
  11. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

Wont be long before we have troops on the streets. Wonder how the juvenile gangs will take the lock down.

chris taylor likes this.
  12. chris taylor

Be a bit like Hong Kong .

13. TeeBee

TeeBee Well-Known Member

I don't think they'll take it well. There's a few kids out playing in the street in my area. Seems like just normal school holiday behaviour so far. They seem oblivious to what's going on.

I walked in to my local Coles yesterday afternoon, and there was a giant stack of toilet paper. They hadn't even bothered putting it on the shelves, they just brought the whole pellet in and put it near the registers. There wasn't even a rush of people, just calm people taking a pack at a time. Seems like things have calmed down a little bit, thank goodness. Now I just have to get some Oats for brekky and I'll be happy. :)

14. Grantus

SCORED A GOAL! Well done. :)

They are still elusive locally, but I too think it surely has to calm down soon - there’s only a limited quantity those panic buyers can fit into a spare bedroom or garage :p

Luckyphil and TeeBee like this.
  15. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

Hey Grant you could have fitted that whole pallet into the ute.

TeeBee and Grantus like this.
  16. Grantus

I COULD have, but I only want to re stock the little cupboard sometime......... I’m not trying to fill a room! ;)

TeeBee likes this.
  17. ttmck

ttmck Super Moderator Staff Member

We pulled our 4 yr old out of kindy today. One kid with a snotty nose was spotted when we dropped little Tom off. Izabella had questioned the teachers but they said nothing to worry about go figure. Teacher are you living under a rock so little tom spends a day at home no kindy and the snotty nosed kid infects every other kid not happy Jan

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    TeeBee and BrianK like this.
  18. KahunaKombi

Not sure if many on here watch Mad as Hell on the ABC ..... well this week the hoarders of toilet paper were analysed as those who speak $hit out of their ar$e :eek: ..... finally an answer and one we could relate to ;)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    ttmck and TeeBee like this.
  19. TeeBee

TeeBee Well-Known Member

Love that show! Very clever. :D

KahunaKombi likes this.
  20. TeeBee

TeeBee Well-Known Member

There was still no soap in the supermarket today, but I just read an article saying that any kind of soap will do for hand washing. It doesn't have to be of the anti-bacterial kind. It can even be body wash or shampoo if you've run out of everything else. Good to know.