1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COVID-19

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TeeBee, Mar 24, 2020.

1. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

2. Wiz

Wiz Well-Known Member

Journalist: "Why is Bunnings open?"
    NSW Premier: "Next question."
    PR

3. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

4. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Is anyone else fascinated with the amount of different epidemiologists, virologists, and immunologists that have surfaced to be interviewed lately? :rolleyes:

They are all obviously much busier people since the Covid pandemic hit………

5. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Funny how they have different facts than the journalists.

I didn't know there was so many of them. What do they do in normal times?

6. Grantus

Any toilet paper still left on the shelves in the Newcastle area? o_O

7. Whitie

Whitie Well-Known Member

8. 77/kombi/surfer

77/kombi/surfer Well-Known Member

Take 6 melburg...wow..

9. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

Got my first dose of AZ yesterday. I was kind of disappointed that my phone still said 4G. I was assured that I would be getting 5G... :confused:

10. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

At least they are reacting quickly Chuck... I don't know how long NSW is going to be struggling for, given today's figures .
    Cheers, Mark

11. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

Modelling predicts over 2k cases per day by XMAS if they cant drastically increase vaccination rates

12. wirrah

wirrah Well-Known Member

We went shopping today, Friday (or rather Lynne went shopping and I stayed in the car). Plenty of toilet paper. Shops almost empty of customers. Oodles of parking. Maitland Woolworths. And yet, yesterday, there apparently were queues to get in!?!?

oldman likes this.
  13. wirrah

wirrah Well-Known Member

That struck me as well. And they often have a different story to tell...

14. T1 Terry

T1 Terry Well-Known Member

I thought it'd end any connection possibilities ... but now you are a 5G aerial/booster, you can buy a 5G capable phone and boil your own blood .... or is that taking the nonsense too far :rolleyes:

Wife and I got the AZ jab on Tuesday at the chemist, sick of waiting for the doctor to tell us when we could get one. Took all of 10 mins, beginning with the paperwork, that requires your name and medicare number at the bottom of both sides of each page, still got it wrong a few times, untrainable ..... anyway, I felt fine that evening, wife complained about a sore arm at the jab site. Went to bed around 11pm, wife had the cold shivers all night, said she couldn't get warm, the only issue I had was a headache developing and that has been the case every night for the last 18 yrs since the MVA.
    Wednesday morning, by 9 am I had a headache that'd kill a black dog, Endone was required to take the edge of but never cleared it, every muscle and joint hurt, gave in at around lunch time and went back to bed. Woke up around 7pm, felt a bit better, back to bed by 9pm and slept all night, wife slept all day in bits and then all night as well. Felt a bit second hand Thursday, fine today ........ If that is a sample of what the real deal is like, I sure don't wanna catch it ....

T1 Terry

15. Grantus

Most friends I’ve consulted with, tell me if you survive the effects of the first dose of AZ, the second one is easy.
    The first dose of Pfizer, is the easy one, and the second one, is the one that floors you……..

wombatventures likes this.
  16. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

So take one shot of fizzler.?
    There are lab claims that one shot of fizzler gives 56% coverage which happens to be close to total of the aged zapper. :D

17. Wiz

Wiz Well-Known Member

Nothing like the real deal...
    Try respiratory failure, acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), sepsis and septic shock, thromboembolism, and/or multi-organ failure, including injury of the heart, liver or kidneys.

The post-vaccination side effects you and your wife described are not unusual.
    Keep a watch on whether they persist particularly from day four/five on and seek medical help if they persist.
    PR

syncro, Grantus and oldman like this.
  18. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

Get a Pfizer with an AZ chaser

oldman and Grantus like this.
  19. Grantus

Or go the full with either………and then get the “booster”.

I imagine the “booster”, will be a modified one to cope with the next strain of “Delta Plus”, or yet another mutation, assuming they can keep up.

20. Wiz

Wiz Well-Known Member

"Delta Plus" is already here.

The variant has spread to 29 countries including Australia, which recorded the Lambda variant on 3 April 2021, isolated from a 28-year-old male in Sydney.
    “The Lambda variant has an eclectic set of mutations, many of which appear to be immune evasions — that is, allowing the virus to evade a person’s immune response. Six of the key mutations in the virus’ spike protein appear as three ‘pairs’ of substitution mutations in close proximity.
    https://www.csiro.au/en/news/news-releases/2021/lambda-coronavirus-variant
    PR