1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COVID-19

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TeeBee, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Is there any point? :rolleyes:

Looks like the new Premier is hell bent on moving things forward, and the state is going to open up totally, to other states and internationally, to let the virus just rip….:eek:

The vax certificate looks like it will only be needed until 80% vaccinated rate is achieved. o_O

The ACT eased some restrictions today, but no Vax certificate required, to go to a restaurant or pub.

oldman likes this.
  2. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Yes.

Mine came through this morning. Wife's is not through yet. Decent instructions would help.

Wayne murray likes this.
  3. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

It’s the 21 century, you think it would automatically add your digital covid certificate. I’ve added mine . It worked after turning your phone off and reconnecting to your account.

4. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Maybe I was just lucky…..
    Linked the certificate to the checkin app. in under 3 min.
    Cheers,
    Mark

5. Grantus

Downloaded and printed a paper copy, and have it in “files” on my phone…..

Can’t move it to the “wallet” on my phone, and haven’t even tried to link it to my CBR checkin app, if it’s even possible..o_O

Really shouldn’t be this hard, and even the checkin App should have been a national thing, instead of different ones for each state and territory :mad:

When Qld opens up the border on 17 Dec, I expect a lot of bureaucratic issues, verifying status of visitors….:rolleyes:

6. Grantus

Queensland Govt, now trying to encourage all the population to get vaccinated, before they open the borders…….

I wonder if that will work?

7. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Na.
    Different breed.
    ( Southern refugees) :)

Keep the borders closed. ;)

8. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

The NSW app appears to be a good system. I have been asked for vaccination proof a few times now and it just appears on the normal NSW check in page that I already have open when entering.

It is ridiculous that the app is not Australia wide. Just like the stupid public transport tickets.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
    KahunaKombi and oldman like this.
  9. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Agree 100%….
    Covid has proved that we are no longer a Federation, rather different states and territories existing on the same island.
    Cheers,
    Mark

10. 77/kombi/surfer

77/kombi/surfer Well-Known Member

More Government red tape b.s. . Trying to get mums covid certificate.
    I have my own my gov account with mums centrelink account linked. I called to make an appointment with centerlink to ask about attaching medicare to Mygov only to be told 2 weeks wait to get in for a appointment..
    I went into centrelink to see if i could get her medicare account added to my Mygov account to access the covid certificate with mum at 10 am.
    There was 30 people inside waiting, nearly all of them were seniors trying to get the same thing as i was listening to the receptionist talking.
    Poor girl, looked stressed dealing with this issue.
    Anyways i was told i cant do that and have to open up a Mygov account in mums name seperatley an add the medicare link then i can access the certificate.
    I asked why i can not have it just attached to my Mygov stuff as she does not use the internet or have a mobile phone and im her fulltime carer registered with you as such and she is right here to verify any questions?.
    She told me to take a seat and some one will print the passport out for you. After 4 hours of waiting i walked out after seeing seniors being sent over to the computers an told sort it out over there on their own. Which ended up not happening as staff had to leave there other people waiting to help them on the computers an mobiles to add the apps an setup mygov stuff.
    So now im part the way through setting up Mygov for mum. Off to the bank to get a statement to answer medicare questions as i do not use internet banking on this account. Interesting how they wont allow me to have mums medicare account on my Mygov but i have access to her pension payments stuff ?
    So once i open up her Mygov account ill have it anyways just on another account.

11. Wayne murray

My parents rang Medicare to get there certificate in the mail, they just carry that around , to show when needed.

12. 77/kombi/surfer

My parents rang Medicare to get there certificate in the mail, they just carry that around , to show when needed.

I would of done that more then likely, an maybe everyone else who were stuck at center link with us if told at the front door before lining up an waiting,
    but I needed one straight away an did not want to sit in centerlink all day, Anyways its all sorted now. Got one printed out.
    More of a comment on how difficult the government made something that should of been a simple thing to do as pointed out the way Wayne did it with the phone call. cheers

13. Wayne murray

Any government website I always find it difficult and always seems like you are getting the run around.

14. Grantus

After I booked my first dose by telephone, the confirmation message and details were texted to my phone.
    48 hours before my appointment, a reminder arrived, with a way to change the appointment if necessary.
    After my first dose, and waiting the 15 minutes before release, the second dose appointment was sent to my phone. Before I left, they ensured I had received the text, and confirmed that the day and tine was suitable.
    Again, 48 hours before that appointment, another confirmation text………………..

So why couldn’t they do the same with the vaccination certificate, and automatically link it to my checkin app for me? o_O

Same phone, same email, and all my details already given to them, instead of all the hoops to jump through since….:confused:

77/kombi/surfer likes this.
  15. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Double jabbed and downloaded the certificates. Took some time but not too arduous.
    Still a bit apprehensive about the big bad world! See how things unfold before rushing into the daily chaos.

David H, 77/kombi/surfer and oldman like this.
  16. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

One is run by the government and the other is a private business.

The instructions are disgusting.

17. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

I think I may have lost a friend today. I was totally discussed when I was told that her Son had snuck over the border to attend her surprise 50th Wedding Anniversary on the weekend. She justified it by saying he has an exemption to come over to work, he lives just over the border. I asked what job he was officially doing up here on Saturday? I said I was very disappointed that she found it OK that he had done this.

We are 5hrs North of the border.......and that is how easy it is for this Virus to spread.

syncro likes this.
  18. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

That's how most of it has spread.
    Via Dickheads.

syncro likes this.
  19. 77/kombi/surfer

The tweed boarder block is a hoax.
    I no a guy who had not had any jabs but was on a waiting list and told the police at the border that and he was doing essential shopping, click and collect with border passes from tweed heads area around 4 weeks ago. He is into baking and went to pick up flour as they would not post it and to eat baked treats at different cake shops for the whole day. He was let through no issues. Went back a few weeks later with the same story but 1 jab. He got turned around an went an had a coffee an tried again later and went straight through.
    Plenty walk up the hill to the D bah look out and meet up with friends for coffee at the top shop. Then hop in their cars an go north into qld.
    It is only a block for the honest people unfortunately.
    Your friend has done the wrong thing Lorraine but typical of what is happening at the border...

ruby6689 likes this.
  20. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Unfortunately a threatened species.

77/kombi/surfer likes this.