1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COVID and the Bus Stop 2021

Discussion in 'The kombi club bus stop 2021' started by Weekender, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

Hi leo is there any provision for a refund of the fees paid by me as I notified yesterday afternoon that Due to Covid-19 in QLD I wouldn't be attending. regards Phil

2. douggieboy

douggieboy Active Member

Hi David and Bev
    You could have stayed with us at Robina.

To NSW travellers:
    Plan your fuel purchases - Coomera BP is possibly the last before Logan City which starts at Beenleigh (part of the lockdown area).
    You will need to have location switched on in Google Maps, so the Police can check to see if you stopped anywhere.

BP Coomera to Puma Glasshouse.JPG

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
  3. douggieboy

douggieboy Active Member

From Qld Health:

Q. Can I travel through impacted areas without stopping? If so, can I catch public transport or does it have to be in a car? Does car only include my own vehicle, or can it be an Uber, Taxi etc?

A (1). You can also transit through greater Brisbane without stopping.

A (2). You can travel through impacted areas to get from one destination to another, but you must do so without stopping. You also must travel in a private vehicle, such as your own car, a rideshare car or taxi. You must not transit through the impacted areas by any other mode of transport – i.e. public transport or a shuttle service.

Weekender likes this.
  4. arthur

arthur Member

5. arthur

arthur Member

Hi David & Bev, I have just read your post. You could stay with us at Burleigh Waters also, as long as they don't decide to lock down the Gold Coast as well. Anyone else is welcome. We are heading off on Thursday morning for Maleny. Bob & Sheryl Arthur

ruby6689, David H and oldman like this.
  6. kombi64

kombi64 New Member

Hi all,
    I'm gutted to be writing this but we cannot attend as we work in what is now been declared a "hotspot" (Ipswich) meaning we cannot come.
    We have been counting down the days for this event but as you all would have read the conditions of entry, its now its not open to us. Thankyou to the Leo and your organisers for all your work.
    Hope you all have a terrific time, stay safe drive safe.

PS Is there any provision for refunds of what we have paid out?

7. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

Not sure if you are deemed a Hot Spot. I wondered the same thing as we are in Brisbane.
    But when I looked at the locations listed by QLD Gov, they consider a Hotspot to be if you visited the specific venue's that are on the list and are deemed a close contact, but not just in the council area's on lock down.

I could be wrong, I have been in the past. ;)

8. Weekender

Weekender Well-Known Member

Hi all

Some people are asking about refunds. We are not in a position to make any statement about refunds until such time as the Queensland Government makes their position going forward with respects to travel and lockdowns etc. Then negotiations would occur with the Show Society, other costs insured and the caterers.

we are guided by the government website:

https://www.qld.gov.au/health/condi...tatus/urgent-covid-19-update#qld-restrictions

Thank you all for your understanding.

Leo and Trish

corinneb, 73kombi, paul77 and 2 others like this.
  9. Debstar

Debstar Well-Known Member

Well we are leaving in the morning & travelling to Ulmarra staying overnight. If the QLD gov does not close the boarder we will keep coming. On the map looks like we bypass Brisbane & infected areas so we figured we should be ok & of course do the right thing over the weekend. Been going stir crazy been 2 years since we've travelled (Mallacoota last adventure) fingers crossed
    Cheers
    Deb & Phil

10. Marlyn

Marlyn Well-Known Member

Regretably I have to pull out of Bus Stop 2021 . Im due to start chemo again after Easter so I cant risk getting sick or being forced into lockdown.
    Leo sorry to let you down with the door prizes at this late stage , I will have to work out some payment for the beer holders at some stage ? same for stickers I ordered.
    wishing you all the bestest and safest Easter Bus Stop
    cheers Mark

73kombi and Weekender like this.
  11. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Best of luck with the chemo.
    Hope all goes well.
    Col.

77/kombi/surfer and Marlyn like this.
  12. kombi64

kombi64 New Member

Hmmmmmm If you are right then we'll be on our way tomorrow morning. Just don't want to get to the gate and be told sorry etc etc or put anybody in any hot water with the authorities.

13. David McMahon

David McMahon Member

Thank you Doug and Dale for offering to let us stay at your house on the way to Bus Stop....we are really upset that Bev and I are going to miss Bus Stop at Maleny this year....we have spent all year preparing for it ....we have our costume packed in our bag all ready to go for the Saturday Dinner. After my decision to stay home at Old Bar , I could NOT sleep last night....as I have Autism , and was totally focused on coming. My son is under lock down in Brisbane....my cousin is locked down in Brisbane....we cannot get the Vaccine for covid as the only Doctor in Old Bar is not taking part in the Vaccine rollout....no doctor in Taree will give outsiders (us ) the vaccine.....we are feeling so ,so "down " .....I hope we will get some of the money back we have spent on Maleny......$125 camp fees , $78 for two dinners Etc....All the Best for a great time at Maleny for everyone who makes it....we will be thinking of you......Byron Bay now has a case of covid .....this is not over until we get our vaccine ...regards, David McMahon

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
  14. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

15. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Yep.
    It screws all the operators.
    Wouldn't be surprised if parts of Goldy go next?
    Fingers crossed bris lockdown ends Thurs.

16. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Can't trust the govt either.
    This outbreak is also a 'leak ' from hospital.
    A case of not all contact staff vaccinated as govt stockpiling doses.
    After the horse has bolted they decide they can vaccinate all necessary staff plus an additional 4.5k within 48 hrs..

State govt authorities advice can't be relied upon.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.abc.net.au/article/100041204

17. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

The QLD Health Minister does not know the difference between stockpiling and having supply to vaccinate - her interview this morning defied belief.

The 3 stooges don't know what common sense or logic is ..... the Courier Mail Editorial yesterday mentioned why haven't they used common sense with the no jab no work in infectious disease wards - today they took a step to understanding what should have been done in the first place.

18. Weekender

Weekender Well-Known Member

paul77, Subdub67 and 68BUS like this.
  19. David McMahon

David McMahon Member

Leo, Unfortunately my wife , Bev , and I cannot come to Bus Stop at Maleny this year , because there is a high risk ,( and we are frightened ) , that one of us may catch the Covid 19 virus from someone at a Service Centre , toilet , Roadside Rest Area , Hotel , cafe , shopping centre , ETC ...somewhere between Old Bar NSW and Maleny QLD . That is the sole reason we are NOT coming to Bus Stop this year . If we could have got our VACCINE , we would have been there !!!! I am not worried about a refund of my money ' I wish to thank you sincerely for the outstanding amount of work and effort you have put into organising this event ( TWICE ) ! Well done , Best wishes for a successful event.....David McMahon

Weekender, oldman and Subdub67 like this.
  20. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member