1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COVIDSafe App tracker.... will you, won’t you?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Grantus, Apr 19, 2020.

?

COVID 19 Mobile Phone App

Poll closed May 17, 2020.
  1. Yes, I will

20 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No, I won’t

10 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. AC-T3

AC-T3 Well-Known Member

Lets not forget the NSW sponsored Ruby Princess dilemma. So far, Australian Border Force, NSW Dept of Health, Sydney Ports Corp, etc have all escaped the gallows. Why should we expect Victoria and their Federal counterparts to be any different?

2. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

True.
    Can only hope.
    It's not a LNP fracas so maybe they're not as proficient at coverups ?? ;)

Yeah. Long odds.
    But some of it should be entertaining .

3. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

I can't confirm any hard figures but it's a bit different than numbers out forward before the Lebanon bang.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ne...e/news-story/fc4d3a747bb7a64dfa799dde961d4c97

Just lucky that mining companies have such a
    " good" history of no accidents before they happen I suppose.:rolleyes:
    And are so good at cleaning up after themselves.

Orica publicity state that they produce 400,000 tons of ammonium nitrate, at Newcastle site, per annum .
    So that's at least 1,100 tons per day.

2012 planning application stated storage of ammonium nitrate on site would be no greater than 13,500 tons.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  4. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

The end result of that incredibly irresponsible action, was that only by pure luck, it was contained. It could easily have skyrocketed infection and death rates to what we now have from the Victorian debarcle, but thankfully, it didn’t happen.

So the only difference between the two, is that one didn’t end up with the ongoing dire consequences.

cbus likes this.
  5. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Those elected leaders make the laws that make CEO/COO of organisations accountable for deaths of people @ work or @ play eg entertainment places BUT the law does not apply to them when they make decisions that cause the death of innocent people ..... they only become accountable @ the time of the next election and only if people remember how they contributed to those deaths & if they get re-elected then you can't blame them you have to question those who elect them ie "don't blame the politician - blame the those who elected them".

6. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  7. Grantus

To try and get Parliament to sit, anyone from Victoria is required to either quarantine at home, or in a Canberra hotel for 14 days prior.

Yet Victoria has told a quarter of a million workers deemed "non essential" not to go to work............

Seriously, how much more "non essential" than a politician, can you be??? :confused:

wombatventures and Luckyphil like this.
  8. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Parliament needs to sit .
    Otherwise the coal and gas exploration industry committee that is supposedly running covid recovery with no responsibility or accountability will have taken all the cash and sunk it into fracking and Swiss bank accounts.

9. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

See that people in hotel isolation paying $3,710.00 for the privilege are being told by the hotel management they cannot have their full order of beverage from Uncle Dan delivered to their room and instead are rationing them o_O .... hotel contacted for comment but no one wants to handle the answer :confused:.

10. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Probably trying to force " clients" to use mini bar.

11. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Righto...righto.....this thread is about the COVID app.....not a veiled wpmo thread.:rolleyes:
    Back on track fellas....:D
    Cheers,
    Mark

Alpal likes this.
  12. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

I think all matters relating to covid are relevant .
    Especialy since the app was a dud.

Interesting to follow developments of both covid and govt stuffups related to such.

oldman likes this.
  13. oldman

No problem Col as long as the discussion doesn’t spiral downwards........as it looked like it was :rolleyes:
    Cheers,
    Mark

14. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

We do tend to have slight diversions :D
    Just hope the inquiry doesn't take longer than the recovery .

Given the contagious nature of the beast the only choice presently is to aim for total elimination within our borders.

oldman likes this.
  15. oldman

Yes, was only thinking today that Australia moved to Federation, where all States joined together.......and now we are further apart than ever ......
    Cheers,
    Mark

16. wombatventures

wombatventures Well-Known Member

Covid or dumb people Col?;)

17. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

I wish.
    But unfortunately a few niggly issues get in the way.
    (I should focus on the end gains :D )

But certainly stupidity is a problem , and its politicaly correct to allow it to become the norm.

We will pay dearly for that tolerance.

Syncro27, Wayne murray and oldman like this.
  18. Grantus

Now if the COVID SAFE app actually worked as they hoped.............

It would have been a very useful thing, right about now. :(

19. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

A very expensive failure? Who profited or am I cynical?

20. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

I recon typical uneducated politicians clutching at straws when an easy fix promised by dickheads who get the money regardless of performance.
    Maybe the dh's are not so stupid after all ;)

Usual tracking methods seem to have worked pretty well even if numbers of operators had to be significantly increased.

Think the biggest problem has been the behaviour of those who have spread the disease.
    Doubt if the app would have made much difference as many of the pathways have been associated with known clusters.
    Would have gained some speed in tracing tho but enforced isolation would be needed .

There is much evidence of people not isolating even after symptoms present and while waiting for results.

Despite my usual reticence to trust govt / police , I totally agree with the strong response against idiots in this case.

Syncro27 likes this.