1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cruise for Kids Where was our invite?????

Discussion in 'NSW' started by Dubman, May 30, 2011.

1. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Spent the day at work Sunday however the cruise for Kids charity cruise managed to spend all day clogging the roads outside work. every car club that allowed a CommonDore, Falcone, Nissan or toyota Doof Box, or Mazda RxWANKWANK was involved even the more showy was the Ferrari's, Hummers and Masseratis all passed through Sunny Camden yesterday... but no KC invite....... We like charity and we like to show these Ricers etc what real engineering is.

I get it was for charity but from what I saw seldom cared about that and were more interested in flaunting their supposed "bling" and Sound systems

Did anyone hear of this? and why did we not get an invite? are we too wholesome for them?

2. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Your post is the first I heard about it.

3. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Exactly are VW Clubs forgotten when people organise these things.... hello organisers the beetle was the biggest selling car world wide.... for most of the last century

I had not heard of it until all these cars came past work form about 10.30 til about 3 over 5000 cars passed some niiiice alot....very riiiice, some worse.... whats with the big awful stickers along the bottom of the doors? and those poxy chrome wheels (not what I call real chorme) they look like pie plates chewed by the dog.

Admittedly there was some sexy Camaros and Mustangs a few nice Toranas etc.... but the rest BLAH :barf: :barf:

4. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Then they were scared to invite us Nath - we would have showed them up and been the most popular with the crowd :)

5. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

Was a real fizzer from all accounts. Couple of my mates went and said the show at the end was blocked by the cops after a while and they didn't let all the cars in. Then people starting being idiots and the police booked them.

I don't think it was the sort of event KC associate with, more like a wannabe summernats.

6. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

True... we would have rocked Camden.. Old Skool!

Mate I saw some of the D!@# heads even doing or trying to do burnouts off the lights... silly dopes didnt realise the new Cop shop was right off those lights... they ruined it for the true cruisers....(those where the nice cars/people and they left early) Still think an Invite would have been nice... looks like unless you can get in Fast Fours, Zoom, Fast Falcons or Street DunnyDores you missed out.

7. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

The thing that worried me apart from lack of VW presence was that a majority of "Cruisers" only showed up to be posers not for the real reason of the day which was to raise money for the children's hospital.

8. Justin

Justin Active Member

absolutely , VW's = world domination !!!

9. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

Too true. If i wasn't in dubbo I would have taken the kombi

10. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

More news on the day apparently a number of so called "cruisers" were trying to get around the rest of the traffic and took a different route ended up running up each others arses on a main artery in and out of Camden 7 fellas went home with their pride in tatters and half of Camden went home complaining about the traffic.

A number of guys where booked under the anti hoon law too, burn outs in public streets = fines etc. even if your in a Ferrari.

So it sounds like an event we should be glad to have missed (apart from the charity part of course)

Last edited: May 31, 2011