1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cruise To Byron To Meet Doc

Discussion in 'Queensland/Northern NSW' started by ruby6689, Jul 6, 2008.

1. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Just got home from a great day out with lots of lovely KC members and catch up with Doc and Kombiwidow, Kombidaughter and Kombison and their friend the 'bad influence';)

It was also great to meet MarkJC and family and 4inabus (but really just 2 today). What terrific children they have so well behaved and I got my baby fix with a nurse of the new member of MarkJC's family, Harry.

The weather was a bit inclement but we managed to get a nice cruise in to Lennox Heads led by local guide Judy:)

I didn't take my camera but Michelle had her new wizz bang one there so I will leave it to her to post lots of pics.

Thanks everyone for making the effort to turn up, hope you all got home safely.

Lorraine

2. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

What a great turn out and what a fantastic day, its always good to catch up with old friends and make some new ones along the way.

Today was the first trip in Wilbur with his new 2litre motor and reconditioned gear box. We are happy to report he went like a dream and we even got to pass a few cars on the way home. I made him a new wheel cover to celebrate his big day out.

As Judy aptly named me Miss Kodak yes I do have a few photos to share.
    The morning started at Reedy Creek with Doug,Dale,Paul,Lyn and a new member Zane and his beautiful daughter Kiara (4inabus) Sorry we left behind Mark and his family but they did catch up later. Next time I will post my mobile number so you can call us to wait for you.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

There was a lot of checking out engine bays today, must be a boy thing.
    Stevie checking out Wilbur

[​IMG]
    Stevie,Amanda,Lyn and Judy
    [​IMG]
    Adrian & Doc
    [​IMG]
    Even the kids were getting in on the act
    [​IMG]

4. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Adrian, Zane and Kiara (4inabus)
    [​IMG]
    Doug and Dale won a seafood tray at the Byron pub
    [​IMG]
    After lunch we did a cruise to Lennox head As Lorraine mentioned
    [​IMG]
    Zane's very nice looking bus
    [​IMG]

5. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Doc,Jules and Dean
    [​IMG]
    Amanda,Dale,Judy and Doug
    [​IMG]
    Lyn walking past the line up,Paul and Lyn's camper,Jules camper,Dean& Zane's bus's, & Michelle & Adrian's Wilbur
    [​IMG]
    Doug and Dales Tiger,Marks new bus,Lorraine's Monty,Docs Marley and Judy's chrome goddess
    [​IMG]

6. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Great pics Mrs Kodak!
    I love the new wheel cover you made for Wilbur, Michelle...very cute:)
    The boys did spend a lot of time inspecting those engines, yep must be a boy thing...Stevie looks like he was taking a kip under Wilbur:lol:
    Lorraine

7. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

This is Kiara the daughter of Zane happily playing in the back of the kombi. I would have to say she was the best behaved two year old I have seen in a long time and very very cute.
    [​IMG]
    Lyn,Dean and the soon to be married Dale and Doug and Amanda on the right
    [​IMG]
    Judy, Stevie and Amanda
    [​IMG]
    Zane and Kiara
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  8. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Another new member that joined us today was Mark and his wife Chris and daughter Ruby,son Michael and five week old baby Harry
    [​IMG]
    Baby Harry
    [​IMG]
    Stevie glad you could join us all the way from Tassie
    [​IMG]

9. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

How many weeks has it been since Eden??????????????????Just kidding guys sorry
    [​IMG]
    Amanda and Harry
    [​IMG]
    Who let the dogs out woof
    [​IMG]
    Doc doing what Doc does best "tinkering"
    [​IMG]

10. Archeress

Archeress Guest

Gees STevie...howd you and amanda get a baby so quick?...eden wasnt that long ago?:p

11. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

Thank you to my aptly named "Miss Kodak"...for the great pics..
    Nice camera too...hope your happy with the pics it took?
    Was a nice day catching up...was really worried about the weather leading up to this as it has been so rainy & cold here lately..but it was good & held out for us...
    Always nice to see you all again
    Hope you have a nice holiday Doc & Leanne while your up this way :)
    & Stevie hope you have a great holiday here with Amanda :)
    Thanks to all of you for coming all the way into my neighbourhood....hope we will all do it again soon
    Judy

12. generation fade

generation fade New Member

looks like a very fun day, great photos michelle

13. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Great photos Mich. Glad you guys all had a great time, and that Wilbur is back home safe and sound. How clean does that engine look?? I guess you'd want it to be clean with it being all new and sparkly, hey?!

Dean and Lynnie - those shirts look superb. :D

14. glow-monkey

glow-monkey Active Member

wow looks like you had more blue sky than we had here, sad i couldnt make it. on a good note I got the tappets, points, front brakes, bearings and timing done on glowy though so he's all ready for valla, now if i could just get a couple dry weekends for a bit of painting fun I'll be really happy.

15. MarkJC

MarkJC New Member

Thanks to everyone for making us feel so welcome. We really had a great day. This was our first real Kombi club outing as a family, and we can't wait for the next one. Hope you all made it home safe and well, and had a good start to your week.
    Mark, Chris and the kids.
    p.s. Amanda did look very comfortable with Harry, must be a natural.

16. 4inabus

4inabus Active Member

Thanks for a great day. It was great to finally put some faces to names.

We made it home safe & sound. Kiara was asleep before we got out of Lennox. (It was a big day for her).

The rain clouds looked quite intimidating when we approached Byron, but passed quickly, fortunately. :)

Congratulations to Dale & Doug on their seafood platter. (Hope the tennis pals are grateful) All the best for the wedding too.

The sight of ten kombi’s being led by a bug certainly turned some heads. :wtf: Must be quite a sight coming towards you. (And being stuck behind) :lol:

Michelle, Thank you for keeping, Kiara busy (not sure what plans you had for the glass of ice, but Kiara had a great time) and Adrain, what an artist. Kiara found your drawing when we got home.

Thank you all for a great day, and your comments of Kiara. Hope Mum & Makayla can make it next time. :)

17. kombiboys

kombiboys New Member

Looks like a good trun out , too far for one day for us may-be some other time

18. understanding_mercury

understanding_mercury Member

Was another great sunday drive kombi-style! Was great to meet some of the new members and of course catch up with everyone!! Glad someone had their camera there Michelle. And for the record i've now had my baby-holding fix for ooh the next ten years or so :) though Harry is very cute!

Amanda

19. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Hey Guys
    Just got home
    WE had a great time in Byron and thanks every one for the get together.....Amanda....thanks for sharing Stevie with us. Mark....lovely to meet up with your family....let me know if I can help with the Kombi...
    Lorraine, Mish....Judy you girls are the greatest....
    Jules safe travels and Zane great to catch up
    Doug and Dale hope you have a great honeymoon and don't break anything!
    Lynne,Cornish Adrian and Andy just wish we had more time..
    Dean must catch up when your next down
    Doc

Last edited: Jul 13, 2008
  20. ModelJets

ModelJets Active Member

I had a great day but unfortunately was freezing on the way home. Ended up spending the next 3 days in bed with the dreaded wog. All good now for the next ten years or so. Thanks everyone for the top day. Doc, will definately drop in next time I'm in Gunny.