1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cumberland River with Pics

Discussion in 'Victoria' started by Sheriff, May 25, 2011.

1. Sheriff

Sheriff Active Member

I have posted this suggestion before but now I have some pics...
    One of our favourite spots is Cumberland River just past Lorne on the Great Ocean Road (Vic). Right across the road from the beach, very secluded.
    Has caravan park amenities but it is very low key. Big sites, big view, you can have big fires in drums...gold.

Tip...

When you book, ask for the spots "just inside the boomgate, on the right, by the river".I know that sounds counterintuitive but trust me...its the best spot!!! Here is the view of the river and canyon...from most sites...

[​IMG]

And this is how close we were camping to the river. You can get just a little closer (see sites in the background) but these had been re-sewn for grass so were closed - thus, we were closest to the river.

[​IMG]

2. TJ!

TJ! New Member

Nice!

After a day from hell dealing with Kombi dramas it rekindles my Kombi love seeing camping pics.

We are headed to that very spot this weekend, can't wait!

3. Sheriff

Sheriff Active Member

And you'll have plenty to talk about with your kombi buddy!!! :mad: :wtf: :umm:

4. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Agree! One of the better props on the Great Ocean Road. Nice wander up the canyon along the river.
    The camp ground has been flooded in recent years and one night we were there we had a wind roaring from inland down the canyon. Flattened most of the tents. A tin tent has its advantages! Still a great camp ground!

5. Michael

Michael Member

Have never stayed there but often eyed it off. (I should pay more attention to these forums).

6. Bombjedd

Bombjedd New Member

Stayed at Cumberland last weekend , took my son and his mates on a surf trip.
    It is a great spot , heaps of space , gotta bring your own wood as you're not allowed to have anaxe in the park. Good showers / toilets and BBQ's.