1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom folding bed for buttercup

Discussion in 'Resto Corner' started by VZR69, Dec 27, 2015.

1. VZR69

VZR69 Active Member

One of the things that I have been working on is a folding bed for the back of my daughters 69 bay 8 seater. Because the backrest on the third row seat is only held in place by a couple of screws it was removed to allow just enough room to fit a folding board that will be long enough for someone under 170cm tall to be able to lie comfortably. Starting with a 2400x1200x12mm MDF sheet it was cut to make two 800 long sheets joined by piano hinge. I then trimmed the corners of the folding part to clear the roof lining whilst opening/closing. I'm going to fit a couple of slot-in legs to hold the board above the rear seat base and then all we need is a foam mattress that's cut to size and bobs your uncle!
    The folded board can then be pulled out when not needed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. VZR69

VZR69 Active Member

Bought a couple of 90mm high density foam single mattress' and cut them to size and covered them in an old doona cover which holds them together. There's not a lot of headroom but you can sit up without hitting your head and its very comfortable. My daughter is not that tall and should be happy to sleep in her bus at byron falls festival. It would only take a few minutes to set it back up as an 8 seater
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. VZR69

VZR69 Active Member

Also made up some curtains for a bit more privacy
    [​IMG]

melissa likes this.
  4. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Good job. Which Falls? Hubby is at Byron Falls ATM delivering stock! There are a few KC members there, does she know Kai and his red and white kombi?

5. VZR69

VZR69 Active Member

We are going to the Byron Bay falls. Greta and her friend are sleeping in the kombi and I've got a tent.
    If you're a kombiclub member feel free to come over to our campsite and introduce yourself. I might even do a 1am dj set through buttercups stereo :)

Aspro likes this.
  6. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Kai is at Byron, he'd be up for it.

7. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

pm sent.