1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D.I.Y Idle Tuning/Throttle adjustment possibly?

Discussion in 'T3 & T4 Tech Help Clinic' started by beastieboy, Aug 3, 2013.

1. 1500king

1500king Well-Known Member

I hear straight jackets are goin' cheap on ebay.. ;)

2. beastieboy

beastieboy Active Member

Well... having a great time here!
    2-3 weeks downtime and the rotor arrives. Advertised 10mm shaft, get sent 20mm.

This is going real well for something so simple....

3. beastieboy

beastieboy Active Member

O.k.
    Replacement sent out. Picked up Today. Looks correct but yet to fit. Better condition. and brand quality wise. Got sent a Hans Pries Topran (Germany) New in box. Last rotor was loose unpacked.
    I'm happy with that (if it fits haha) Improved the situation out of error. That's cool with me. See how we go!
    Now have contact with an experienced mechanic. Talked to him about my problems, only briefly, but he thought to check the manifold gasket. This is without looking at it tho (much like on here). He's keen for a look tho and no charge :)

4. beastieboy

beastieboy Active Member

Also for the record, serial 101 018 755 ersetzt - replacing 052 905 225C. 16C1800

Someone check that for me before I kick over?

Seems to fit snug. Just need some fresh fuel and a charge top up on the battery and see what happens. Will report more in a day or so. :)

5. beastieboy

beastieboy Active Member

O.k.
    Fitted. Starting. No stall. No smoke. Vast improvement. Driving and not cutting out (so far...). Will keep testing. Still been a loss of coolant I recon so aiming for Monday on the pressure test.
    Will post a pic of old rotor to show others what not to let happen.

Cheers all! Nice result so far. Definatly noticed the engine seems to not be working so hard. Maybe running rich does that. After warm up its idle seems a bit more casual now. Thumbs up so far so good!

6. 1500king

1500king Well-Known Member

Of course he is! LOL!..."manifold gasket" Bwahaha! Gotta try that one on... no ...wait... I ain't shonky...

So, what you've done is basically ...um... nothing..apart from letting the car sit for a couple of weeks.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  7. beastieboy

beastieboy Active Member

O.k!
    Pressure tested Today.
    Looking like water bottle hose leak.
    Tested on the filler bottle, wouldn't hold any air. Punctued somewhere.
    Moving up to the next reso, held pressure no worries. No leaks, sat pretty.
    Going to check the filler bottle ain't cracked but likely the hose. Should be easy and see how it goes from there.
    Noticed better fuel economy with new thermostat. Definitely running rich has been digging the wallet. Acts like a 4 Cylinder should now. I recon it was chewing like a 6 cylinder prior to this. Seems to not cost me as much going places. Improvement for sure and running well.
    Prob taking it off road again for a few weeks. Do some more work. Aquired a sub and box, amp, stezza I'm going to soon fit. Need speakers for the doors to finish off. Few other little things Id like to do for a month or so.

8. beastieboy

beastieboy Active Member

Still gottta post the rotor kaning pic up. Think we can call this pretty much case closed for the moment! Thanks for all the input. If there is anything else I should check, yell out and ill have a look. :)

9. beastieboy

beastieboy Active Member

SANY0830.jpg

Think this might have been a slight problem. Im no pro tho 1500King. Guess to you Ill state the obvious. :) Pretty buggared initially and it snapped when I attempted to remove for a closer look/clean (cleaning that up would have been a waste of time on the contact polish!). Looks a bit melted sort of in places. Overstressed plastic.
    Comprehendez Amigo?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  10. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Holy cr#p...if you've been paying someone to service your bus, I'd suggest you look elsewhere!!......that rotor button has been cracked for a very long time before it let go.....check out all the rubbish next to the last bit of plastic that held on.....
    Cheers, Mark

11. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

82 wasted posts as #6 suggested that you check the dizzy and would have to be blind not to think that the look of that one was ok. Why do people let things fall apart before replacing, what happened to maintenance :)

12. beastieboy

beastieboy Active Member

Too busy maintaining other shit. Its been a juggle I won't deny. Winning though. That's why I stop it dead the moment something seems up. No use driving on it and making things worse.
    I am getting there though. For every 3 months that pass it always shows improvement. Long way to go though in the looks department. Some wouldn't bother I recon but I got the time, maybe just not the funds at times. Woe is me.....
    If wasn't for u lot on here id be f****d. Truely. Even if we argue it out it still a good thing.
    I'm no mechanic (obvious), but willing to pay attention.
    Wish I had the coin to do all the wonderful things possible and pimp my ride.
    That's what some enthusiasts on here need to realise. I'm learning and probably not the only one!