1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daily Drive Or Weekend Warrior

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by Bennyharp, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Parras

Parras Member

Every day for me too..
    I always get to the kilometers before the recommended date for service intervals.

2. spearsy

spearsy Active Member

Every day for me.

3. kool_kombi 79

kool_kombi 79 Well-Known Member

Everyday since 1979.

4. Barf

Barf New Member

Every day for Me too. I do 140km per day Mon-Fri for work and as much as i can on weekends haha.

5. vassy69SC

vassy69SC Active Member

Daily driver for the SC. 20,000km a year

The wife's Dormobile comes out on weekends primarily.
    No surprises being a camper I guess.

6. Justin

Justin Active Member

everyday for me :)

except the numerous times its at the mechanics , or if something is wrong , or if im getting it towed , or if i've been crashing into houses . . . etc etc

you get the idea :wtf:

7. 82 westy

82 westy New Member

Every day since 1982 with the original engine still going strong.

8. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

Everyday driver for me.

9. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Dont drive every day and prefer to take the Toyota to get parking dents at the shopping centre so Schmett is a weekend warrior or whenever we head off. (We dont get weekends since we retired!)
    Just back from a 3 day wander around central Victoria. Good trip with the only hiccup the dropping of the fuel pump lead! We stopped! So did the fuel pump ticking so it was easy to find the problem.

10. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Thats not a bad run.

col

11. Schmoburger

Schmoburger Active Member

BC's been of the road since the end of 2008 but in the 3 years up to then, she was my daily driver and piled on about 60000k's... and as the likes of those like Julian who have been in her with me, they were HARD k's at the hands of then a P-plater :D Broke 2 gearboxes burnt out two heads on the first motor, then destroyed the bearings in a second motor cos it leaked too much oil for me too keep up with. Towed 2 Kombis on car trailers and a Beetle, tip runs every weekend, lots of trips to Wollongong and back and also down to Batemans Bay, couple of trips to Sydney, a few trips to Canberra including the first Bus Stop, Eden the year after which is when i cooked the 2nd head, A massive roadtrip (by Kombi standards) to Queensland which is what destroyed my first gearbox (due to a very troublesome clutch) and yeh... daily trips to here there and everywhere, thursday night hooning, burnouts everywhere, 1 accident.... and through all that she may have given me the shits, limped home in some cases.... but never ver left me stranded anywhere. :)

Hell... the last day I drove her was with only 1st and 2nd gear, no reverse, and bugger all oil pressure, but she still got me to work and back one more day before I got my Ford roadworthied.

Once I get her back on the road she wont be a daily but she'll still come out pretty regularly... still intend to take her out camping and all that jazz. :)

12. Dan_Ling85

Dan_Ling85 Member

Everyday for my old girl!!
    Hopefully going to take her back to a weekend
    Warrior when i get back but...
    Well thats The dream!

13. 82 westy

82 westy New Member

The reason its all ways had the Governed Rotor Arm (Cut Out 5400) plus its a 2ltr.

James

14. Sheriff

Sheriff Active Member

Im just a weekend warrior!

15. Radar15

Radar15 Active Member

7 Days a week :D

16. nickc

nickc Member

Weekends, days off and holidays. (when I'm not working);)

17. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

I cant say everyday as I ride my pushbike to work, but otherwise its the kombi.

18. Tangles

Tangles Well-Known Member

You need a third option = "home".

Been living in one since march :cool: , so probably qualify as every day.

19. Dingostrategy

Dingostrategy Active Member

Mine's a holiday house. 4-6 weeks a year and nothing besides.

20. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

If you've ever met me, you'd know what a terrible recluse I am and so rarely go anywhere far from home:lol:

But seriously, I live in the sticks and only visit town for work or shopping. At work, you're lucky if you can get a park out front on the street and as I do night shifts, I'm always amazed when I come out in the morning to find my old, battered 1990 Seca still there. Ballarat is chock full of a..holes, thieves and vandals. There's no way I'd leave 'The Doctor' parked out in that atmosphere all night unguarded:umm: Much the same applies to shopping centres.

All of the above means that I rarely drive anywhere except to work and back home and once home I have plenty to keep me occupied, so I guess I'd fall into the week-end driver category, although I often fire him up mid week on sunny days and go for a ride. There's nothing like the pleasure a little sunny Kombi trip provides:D