1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating.......

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DaisyGirl, Jun 16, 2011.

1. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

Just hang out at the beach carparks and wait to see the first hot guy that is struggling to fit his longboard into a barina. Walk right up and ask if he's ever considering dating a chick with a real car.
    Bound to work.

2. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

Great plan brad. Although any guy driving a barina is questionable.

3. Dingostrategy

Dingostrategy Active Member

Except that it's probably his girlfriends, and because she drives a barina, he's almost certainly very unhappy.

4. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

:lol: :lol: I'd be in for one of those Andrew ! Good call Dingo.......

5. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

He probably has his own "guy".:eek:

6. Dingostrategy

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

7. greenbay

greenbay New Member

Or carrying a longboard kai:eek:

8. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Here's one for you DaisyGirl

http://campervanculture.com/2011/06...gn=Feed: CampervanCulture (Campervan Culture)

[youtube]<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_WD7wpTvZZ8?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_WD7wpTvZZ8?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>[/youtube]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  9. DaisyGirl

DaisyGirl Guest

Phill ???

10. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Ollie from Norway. He's the man that other men turn for!:lol:

11. DaisyGirl

DaisyGirl Guest

Update - I met him but alas we did not hit it off......that was about 3 or 4 weeks ago!

12. john doherty

john doherty Well-Known Member

Daisy Girl, have followed your lighthearted repartee with interest. My posts are notoriously deficient in credibility and possibly sanity..howeverrrr...your cyberlogue is tinged by the teeniest bit of wistful melancholy. Not for me to divine your emotional status with children grown up and independent, but I couldnt help but notice (albeit lighthearted) a focus on matters Kombiesque in the makeup of any intended suitor. Not that that is a bad thing, mind you! I myself am drawn moth like to the common characteristics of Kombi fans and increasingly so after each successive Bus Stop...but over the tortuous passage of my squandered life I have increasingly been drawn to the view that it is our differences as much as our commonality that so seamlessly welds a good relationship. Why should someone who may be so emminently fabulous for you not be roadtested for suitability on the basis of their car fetish or absence of same. Imagine the joy of indoctrinating an otherwise sane suitor to such an irrational obsession. Alternatively examine at first instance his reaction to such an important part of you? The joy of common experience for the first time in your Kombi...and other hopelessly inadequate superlatives. Our first matrimonial residence was a mechanically constipated '72 L.H.D camper which took us thru North Africa Europe and Turkey in 1980. I am addicted...my wife is bemused but certainly not enamoured with my Kombi. Hence my solo s at Bus Stop. My point is , in a most lighthearted way...dont overlook possible perfection just because he thinks you are a little bit (alright...maybe a lot) crazy about an infernal device that sounds like being chased by a 100 lawnmowers and lacks airbags ABS ESP and other inconsequential features such as relability, performance etc. What a challenge?...What an evangelical holy grail? Alternatively...he's not for you, but what fun in the deductive process. Anyhow an inconsequential thought as I have enjoyed your cyber musings. Bus Stop is a must for you. Looking forward to the future travails of Daisy and perhaps more of your wistfulness. John Doherty in Adelaide:cool:

13. phatratpat

phatratpat New Member

YEAH !! what he said ?............:rolleyes:

14. greenbay

greenbay New Member

I once went on a date with a girl named Jo unfortunately she stole away in the night with a legal eagle from Adelaide who was posing as a man of the cloth.

15. Dingostrategy

As I recall, you had a backup. More pneumatic than enigmatic, mind.

16. greenbay

greenbay New Member

Pneumatic ???Are you talking about Neen ?
    You naughty little dingo pup you !

17. Volksy85

Volksy85 Member

all the girls in my office love the ute - i drive it whenever the weather is nice.

18. DaisyGirl

DaisyGirl Guest

Thankyou John Doherty for your insightful very amusing lighthearted words which I read with my first cuppa of the morning. (oh and phatratpat for your input in seconding him as well):p

I should have DaisyGirl back by the end of this week all mechanically shiney and new so I will see what lads she possibly attracts with her own sweet self.....

I have found it quite interesting to see males reactions when I mention the kombi - so far 9.5 out of 10 run have run the other way and if anyone else cracks the joke about Hitlers revenge:wtf: well I am just gonna dong them on the head with my Matchbox kombi I carry in my handbag.:lol:

19. Saggas

Saggas New Member

surely.. its easier to convince a bloke to like your kombi than it is to convince a lady to like one?
    i am yet to meet a woman who shares my love of things vw...

20. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

I heard you let her down!