Day of the VW 2010

Discussion in 'South Australia' started by Just Corey, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Just Corey

Just Corey New Member

Great day at Civic Park for the Day of the VW. Perfect weather for a cruise and to be out and about in general.

I had a great time and really enjoyed putting some more faces to names and seeing some of the states finest VW's.

Here are some pics before we headed down, Splities out numbering the bays 5 -3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I couldn't resit taking a pic of this:
    [​IMG]

2. Just Corey

Just Corey New Member

I didn't take the best photo's, but here are a few. For me the best kombi's seemed to sport a familiar club sticker...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Just Corey

Just Corey New Member

4. Just Corey

Just Corey New Member

Unfortunately for me we had to leave pretty early due to other commitments but it was great to catch up.

Was anyone else tempted by that 1 owner 71 microbus for sale?
    Did it sell?

5. Split 1

Split 1 New Member

It didnt sell, he went there with no idea of its worth and asked for offers thinking it would be worth up to $4k

The first offer he had was $9k and then it went to $10k so he said he will now think about it as he didnt think it would be worth that much.

Oh I would like to thank the organisers and judges for a great show and a great family day out.
    To be honest it was much better than the show at Port Adelaide, as people got the pergolas out and had picnics ect, the kids could run around and play on the grass, not like the road at Pt Adelaide.

Everyone I spoke to said it was easily the better of the two shows.
    And for some strange reason I thought so to ??????

Dave

6. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

Some great pics, any of big daves freshly painted bus, seemed to be a major attraction of the meeting point!

7. Split 1

Split 1 New Member

As you can see in the second pic, he only managed to paint it 3/4 of the way round???

Dave

8. Split 1

Split 1 New Member

[​IMG][/

I think that kerb missed the ceramic coating by about 1mm

Dave

9. Just Corey

Just Corey New Member

I heard something similar about his initial cost estimation, glad he didnt get ripped off, anyone who can keep a car in that shape for 40 years deserves the right coin. Nice guy, great car.

It was a perfect location, I can't comment on Todd street as I missed that, but I think it turned out even better than when it was at glenelg

10. old skool

old skool New Member

Had a great day, at Civic Park (sorry we missed the run!)
    Good location for us , just down the hill
    Good to catch up with Vespa76, big dave, and also Harry from Lobathal,

Only had phone so not two many pictures, thought I would throw the TYPE 3 into the mix
    You know what they say....... Have Guitar and VW will travel...........:)

OK I know its not a Kombi...maybe next year!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. dirty_harry

dirty_harry Member

heres my share of the pics. quite a few but my sister was the photographer and there are a few ritard pictures so sift through them best you can. it was good to finally meet leigh and warren (oldskool and wazza?) but i missed you corey i spotted your van ontop of the hill but couldnt find you :lol: . next thing i know and your van was gone ohwell next time. good news for me though is i scored the head ive been looking for so the engine should be back together and running in a few months i hope.
    heres the link for photos its a bit easier then uploading to the forum i find.
    http://s888.photobucket.com/albums/ac81/dirty_harry_123/vw civic park march 2010/
    oh my sister is trying to convince my dad to buy her a bettle hence all the for sale signs, ph no.s etc
    harry

12. Split 1

Split 1 New Member

Some nice pics there Harry.

I loved the green and white low light, and see your sister took some pics of my mates scooters, they came to see some more aircooled stuff,
    Grays is the grey and white Lammy its a beast, GP200 motor

Dave

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  13. Just Corey

Just Corey New Member

o very nice pics harry, thanks for sharing :D

I only parked up the back because we had to leave around half 11 and I needed to make sure I could get out, Next time I'll make sure I hang around.

Great news on finally tracking down a head. good luck getting it on the road.

14. dirty_harry

dirty_harry Member

yeah thanks corey i piked up you had to leave early from earlier this thread. @split1 those scooters were great, i also like your van its absolutely beutiful. i think my fave for the day for an over the top obnoxious van was definately the purpleish coloured one with strippy interior. all in all a very good day i think. definately better than walking around the street in pt adelaide.
    harry

15. GoblinSA

GoblinSA New Member

I was stuck behind the stall most of the day but thanks to those who came over and said g'day. I'm sure there were a few who came over and didn't tell me they were KC members.

My favourite beast of the day was this one...

[​IMG]

16. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

Wow that patina is epic!

17. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Great photos and some very nice looking buses down in Adelaide.

18. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

Thanks for the pics guys and girls...the rat beetle is my fav for sure.:cool:

19. Just Corey

Just Corey New Member

I went over a couple of times but you were always too busy :D

20. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Great pics guys, nice to see all these lovely vws in SA.:)