1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Day of the VW - Perth

Discussion in 'WA' started by loubee, Dec 2, 2007.

1. loubee

loubee New Member

I'm really surprised to see there has been hardly any mention of the WA DoVW on here.....we had fantastic weather and there were at least 100 Beetles, kombis, Carmen ghias(?) and other cars there. It was great to catch up with some of the guys from the Toodyay run too. Ufortunately, we were unable to bring either Bob or Maisie as one has no seats and the other has no brakes!!! Still, it was a wonderful drool-fest!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. loubee

loubee New Member

and more...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the photos loubee I hadn't even heard this was happening in Perth all the talk was about the one in Melbourne.
    Thanks for the photos and if you have any more I would love to see them
    Michelle

4. loubee

loubee New Member

hehe...I have 70 odd pics which I will put on photobucket.....we were just saying yesterday that there was virtually no advertising for this event, if we hadn't read about it on the kk forum we wouldn't have known either.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  5. heartland

heartland New Member

Hi looks like a good day - some nice vw's there!

6. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

Hi thanks for the snaps....i see some beautiful looking rides there.:)

7. Brunzy

Brunzy New Member

I was there!

My Fiance and i drove 4 hours from Albany to the Vdub show. It was my first time and i had an awsome time getting inspiration for my panel van and just meeting all the VW owners. I fell in love with the Aqua/White splittie and also the navy/white splittie. I hope to have my pano up there next year as there wasn't any there this year. It was a great day and i hiope they promote it more next year as i am sure there would be plenty of proud VW owners out there that would want to show off their pride and joy. At the end of the day we drove all the way back to albany again and it was totally worth it.:)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  8. WAY2COOL

WAY2COOL Member

Hi Brunzy Fantastic to hear you both enjoyed the day ,after such a huge effort.Look forward to seeing your deep south pano next year...Kim

9. Sheriff

Sheriff Active Member

A day on the green with your favourite vehicles...ahh..a concert for your eyes!
    Rich

10. Aging Surfie

Aging Surfie New Member

I was there also. Daisey was parked under a shady tree by the entry as I didn't stay long. Will make a day of it next year. Good turn out but many missing from last year. Insured with Shannons while I was there which was handy.

About a km from home a 74 Bay was for sale on the side of the road. Same owner last 13 years. Modified Engine. Nice condition. Would be in my shed had I not been 5 minutes to late !! Sold as soon as he put it on the Roadside.

Deano

11. loubee

loubee New Member

Deano, you are an elusive chap.......did you hear the announcement that went out to "the owner of Daisey...there is a couple who would like to say hi?" That was us! We couldn't bring Maisie as the rear seat wasn't finished. We were wondering why Daisey was hidden away under that tree....We were going to hang out by your bus but then dumb smallest son stuck his fingers in some dogs mouth and screamed blue murder!
    Maisie's seat is now done....picked the kids up from school and one of her not-so-nice mates was yelling "hippy" and doing the peace sign...made my daughter cringe with embarrasment though!!!

12. Aging Surfie

Aging Surfie New Member

Sorry didn't hear that. Sorry I missed you. No doubt we will catch up locally some time.

Deano

13. kinga

kinga Member

Deano aka Aging Surfie and Mr. Super Sneaky