1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deluxe Body Molding Help

Discussion in 'Body' started by Keith, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Keith

Keith Member

Can anyone help with the positioning of a deluxe body molding kit (13 pieces). My wife got it for my birthday and we have not been able to get any advice from the original company (in Europe). I currently have a 1976 Deluxe Micro Bus and the existing strip only goes down the sides and is in 8 or so pieces. This new one has wrap around pieces going around the body towards the tailgate and engine lid area. Any hints and tips would be great (apart from don't buy something from a country that doesn't speak English).

2. Roy

Roy Administrator Staff Member

Sounds like you have bought the delux mould for the swage line. to position it start from your door mirror

3. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

'76 was made in Australia and was not really a Microbus, but a Kombi with seats. (Hence the Kombi chassis number)

4. Keith

Keith Member

Thanks for the advice Roy and Phil. I assume that the swage line is the "bulge thingie" (technical jargon) that runs all the way around the Kombi.
    Keith