1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

does this meet criteria for performance

Discussion in 'Performance' started by roverbay, Mar 22, 2013.

1. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

Thanks Col. I'm losing weight so I can get up into it I'm .using 2 tyres laying down to step up.

2. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Please pay us money so other parties can see your photos we're hosting!
    Not Cheers:(:mad:

3. Resnort

Resnort Active Member

Try google drive. my wife was spruking it to me after i told her what had happened.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2017
  4. Blunderbus

Blunderbus Active Member

I dream of a concrete floor , sick of working in the dirt/gravel/grass :(. I do have a tared area along side the house but its on a slope so not ideal, hope to be rectifying that in the new year.

5. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

Good morning all. I have to agree Blunderbus tar isn't ideal for trolley jack use. looking forward to being able to tilt IT so I can do some work without laying on my back.

6. David H

Hi Roverbay,
    My...... it's going to have some ground clearance & then some;)!
    Can't wait to see eclectic with the lid on the body.
    Cheers

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  7. David H

Looks like it could do with some 18's & if they are 18's 20'got to be the go!
    Cheers

8. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

evening all. all the work to find it is not right I didn't realise the actuator needs to pivot on the fixed end. Back to drawing board

9. nils

nils Well-Known Member

Heh heh, woops. :p can't win them all.

David H likes this.
  10. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

yes true Nils but it has left me with a better idea By cutting the lever off the part with the cotter pin hole that fits onto the shifter shaft & placing it facing down I can put on a longer shifter lever to relieve the pressure need to shift with a lever only 75mm long so goods things come from fails.

11. David H

Oh My:(....but keep at it. How'd the Torago roof go?
    Cheers

12. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

Good afternoon all. I can't complain about the service I ordered the wiper arms off a LHD & RHD Stag from a UK firm they arrived on Friday. I'm using the articulated arm type similar to the HQWB Holden driver side wiper arm. this will allow the wiper blades to square off with the outside edge of the screen. I didn't realise the pommie ones are different to what AMI used with the local content laws at the time. so I had to order the complete blades today. this is the arms check the different bend in the 2nd arm

[​IMG]

13. peter1000

peter1000 Active Member

I would think they would have to be different to allow the opposite positions would align at diferent angles due to their arc?????? both are not in the centre
    How you going Earnie say hi to Kerry

14. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

Hi Pete we must be due for a visit if your home next week. Let me know or ring Kerry.

15. peter1000

peter1000 Active Member

sounds great don't bring tools I have plenty to keep you both occupied

16. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

Good evening all. a couple of pics of the Peugeot 307 wiper motor with the Lucas cable drive cut a bolted to it so I can use the cable drive to give me pantograph type wipers. the Wheel box's are new. along with the blades & arms.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  17. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

Did some sorting of the brake & clutch mastercylinders & cleaned up the pedals ready for paint.
    I used my home made linisher for the pedals coarse grit to start then a fine grit used roll to finish off. Then paint them black. I have modified the existing Cross member that was aleft over from the lowlight where VW mounted the drum brake master cylinder. I had a plate folded to mount the cylinders to for extra strength. I also had the rear tailsahft finished of witha final machining job to square off the end & fit a circlip groove this was a time consumer getting a final length.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had to lenghten the brake rod between the pedal & booster due to relocation. I had it bored & the new enfd spigotted to press fit then welded by workshop.

[​IMG]

I had to turn the clutch cable arm upside down & reversed on the pedal bar then extend it for travel on the master cylinder. The floor is for settingup it's not ECLECTIC'S FLOOR.

[​IMG]

the booster location

[​IMG]

I linished the pedals to clean them up for paint. the linisher is home made out of bit's i had laying around. A mate gave me the aluminium drive drum for it this is convex & helps line the belt up with the front wheel. I used a heavty grit then a used fine grit belt to get the final finish
    this is before & after

[​IMG]

after

[​IMG]

the final job in the front wheel drive was having the magna CV joints modified tofit into the commodore diff. The engineer shop machined the CV to form a spigot where the spline used to be then machined the commodore output shafts to accept the spigot these wer pressed together & welded by the tailshaft man. I ran the weld down on the linisher.

[​IMG]

In looking for something different I decided on these. I had the brackets folded to mount them behind a set of clear bay lense's

[​IMG]

I screwed them one in to paint it to get the shape of the hole to trim the waste out

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  18. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

Good evening all. I started build the taillight assemblies today. Ebay LEDs custom folded bodies to hold lights to body & New clear len's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Blunderbus and David H like this.
  19. David H

How did the Tarago roof replant go?
    Cheers

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  20. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

Good evening David i have formed a round steel bar to the shape of the Tarago roof to overlay the kombi to mark out the cut line into the roof. I have to trim the Tarago roof down to the gutter line the sit it on top before icut the kombi roof incase the plan goes wrong should have something done in the next few weeks. I have alot of little mods finished. I lent my tilter to a friend while I'm waiting to have concrete slab laid next to the kombi so i can tilt it to work underneathe woithout laying on the ground this is the tilter at 40 degrees it goes over to 85 Degrees

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    David H likes this.