Discussion in 'Performance' started by roverbay, Mar 22, 2013.
You planning to put on some weight.?
Only need one spare tyre.
looking good, can't wait to see the beast up and running
Thanks Col. I'm losing weight so I can get up into it I'm .using 2 tyres laying down to step up.
G'day all. photobucket has removed all my pics because they were shared to a 3rd party. !st thing I new about this was when I opened another forum so can we down load by copy & paste.
Please pay us money so other parties can see your photos we're hosting!
Try google drive. my wife was spruking it to me after i told her what had happened.
This is the very simple but effective crossmember for the front diff centre. the chassis brackets are for setting up better ones will be made.
this is the makings of the bump stop rubber supports
Next big job is the rear mount for the rear diff waterjet cut 13mm plate possibly with vw logo cut into it & backlit with red light
bought the plate quoted $85 to have it oxy cut. I did with cut off saw & 4inch cutting discs. Now to linish it & paint shiny.
rebuilt the front mount crossmember for the rear diff & finished of the rear mount for same diff
G'day all. had some luck today. I was concerned that the diff offset would not allow room for the left axle but it fits & has enough plunge
Good evening all. About an hour on this afternoons job making the upper support brace & brackets for the steering column. the black tube is from behind the plastic bumper on a Nissan. The column is in rough position. It has to go down 3cms to the bevel box.
Good evening all. these are the little jobs that keep cropping up. the shifter cable bracket off the Tarago fitted on 1 bolt to the bellhousing on the rover so a cut & shout I had to make a piece to weld onto it pretty simple job. I had to run up a nut on the linisher to fit as a bush into the eye of the shifter cable. about an hours work. I found that 1 cable needs an extension made up to reach the linkage on the box because of the route it takes under the motor.
I had to modify the modified cable retainer bracket as it didn't let the cables run square to the shifter linkages on the box
I made the tube nut to set up. I'm having a longer 1 made to do the job.
did a bit today I made up a set of dolly wheels to roll eclectic into a better position to be able to mount the body tilter when the new concrete floor is laid next week. This is the approx ride height
I dream of a concrete floor , sick of working in the dirt/gravel/grass . I do have a tared area along side the house but its on a slope so not ideal, hope to be rectifying that in the new year.
Good morning all. I have to agree Blunderbus tar isn't ideal for trolley jack use. looking forward to being able to tilt IT so I can do some work without laying on my back.
My...... it's going to have some ground clearance & then some!
Can't wait to see eclectic with the lid on the body.
Good evening all. I put a small tyre on to get an idea of lift height so far it seems enough.
Looks like it could do with some 18's & if they are 18's 20'got to be the go!
Good evening all. spent some time making the linear actuator bracket to use for shifting transfercase lever. Due to the location I had to shorten the lever. I tried using a marine Morse cable to shift it through the Hi Lo gate. Because of the short lever & pressure needed to move a 4inch lever it caused the cable to fold on the end. I started out with a cardboard template the transferred it to a piece of Z purling to get a firm set up to fit the mounting brackets on the side of the case. I then made the final unit in 4mm angle iron for strength. I have to remove the bracket off the case tomorrow to weld it to the new one
the 1st jig made out of Z purlin
test fit then do some mods for it to fit between the transfercase & torsion bar tube
final bracket in black.
evening all. all the work to find it is not right I didn't realise the actuator needs to pivot on the fixed end. Back to drawing board
Separate names with a comma.