1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

does this meet criteria for performance

Discussion in 'Performance' started by roverbay, Mar 22, 2013.

1. 76kampa

76kampa Active Member

Such a shame the the photos for this build are all gone.

2. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

I'm going back into my old computer to find any in picters now i know how to load them from facbook. Any in particular you would like to view. Thanks to photobuckets greed. There a lot of pics on my modified KOMBI & VW projects Page

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    76kampa likes this.
  3. 76kampa

76kampa Active Member

Yep every forum I look at now has blank photos and most of these go back 10 years or more, photos are long gone, it would probably take you too long to replace all the photos.

4. rstucke

rstucke Well-Known Member

you can still view and download photos blanked out by photo#ucket in a google browser with an extension. There's a thread on this forum with the necessary info (can't remember where)

I just downloaded one of your pics. here it is
    just needed to remove the word "original" after the file extension .jpg

006_zpsezpm5mgl.jpg

Syncro27 likes this.
  5. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

6. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

Good evening all. I have been doing a lot little bits on ECLECTIC. I built a simple crossmember to support the commodore V8 radiator & fan assemblies. finished the spare tyre mount & rear bar started the wiring finally. I'm waiting for a modified crankshaft pulley to be finished to move the belt closer to the timing case. I had the timing case modified for inlets to clear front where pump used to be

[​IMG]

7. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

I liv your attention to detail - and the need for it - this certainly isn’t a Just a throw a v8 in a kombi job.

Kept up the good work

8. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

this is the sidemounts to hold the radiator inplace. The thick washers I made using the centre out of holesaw linished & threaded in the hole

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Set up to finish wiring harness.
    [​IMG]

The rear centre brake light. this will mount into the centre cap off a 4wd $8.00 on WISH
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  9. Blunderbus

Blunderbus Active Member

Good to see some progress Ernie.

10. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

G'day all. Hi Blunderbus.things have been held up a bit. I had a shoulder repaired 6 weeks ago so no heavy lifting for 6 mths. I have been sorting out small easy jobs.
    this is the winch arrangement. & modified front crank pulley. I looking at 2 different set ups for the alternator drive Shaft under the manifold or hydraulic motor running off an Astra Electric power steer pump
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

this is the front bar hitch. It has 4 bolts throught the front crumple bar. It's off a Nissan very compact. It will have 2 bars back to the body as extra strengthening

[​IMG]

Basic set up for shaft drive still some sorting to do with bearings thease are non greasable.
    The modified timing case inlet pipes are to make room for the blank plate with an inlet to clear the belt. I'm running 2 Davis Craig electric waterpumps into both sides the Rover is reknowned for heat & head gaskets.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The pulley has to be tigged. Next job is pulling the heads & service

this is one of the easy jobs. I made a plate to bolt a Subi Impreza combination switch to fit the L300 column. It has a lot more uses.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    Blunderbus and Syncro27 like this.
  11. Blunderbus

Blunderbus Active Member

Rover head castings leave a lot to be desired, give them a clean out with a die grinder as it makes a big difference. On my old range rover i did some mild porting and fitted a bosch holden dizzy then a 350 holley for a much better 21mpg on 31/10.5's.

12. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

I'm running a 3.9 with injection I will give the heads a bit off a clean along with the inlet manifold. this is the 2 speed heater from swap meet $20.00 I used a baine maree tray to enclose it & fit vent hoses.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    Blunderbus likes this.
  13. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

these are newly aquired & very rare & hard to find. fon to the wheel studs orward contol Land rover front step it bolts onto the wheel studs with a 2nd nut & spacer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    Syncro27 likes this.
  14. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

this is one hell of a bad arse kombi build, i cant wait to see it in the flesh( or should that be metal)

15. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

G'dat saabman. I have to start bolting it all together now but my Brain loses it & find another addition the weight is starting ad up I should have stuck with the 1st engine 351 windsor or the little 302 sittng in my shed. the next fabrication is a jointed collapasblle stiff bar using the off road nolathane flexible joint .

16. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

Good evening all. I have been dorting out the water flow on the rover From all the reading I have neen doing. they have heat issues with the pump taken off & blanked off I have decided to run1 pump per side on the motor through a modified timing case this is the setup the pumps will go into each

[​IMG]

Syncro27 likes this.
  17. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

Good evening all my latest aquisition for aded performance in the kombi.[​IMG]

It will have to rear mounted shaft driven along with the alternator

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    Syncro27 likes this.
  18. Blunderbus

Blunderbus Active Member

Must admit i never had any cooling issues with either of my 2 V8 rangies but in your situation it may be different being inboard.

19. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

I plan on using marine air scavenger fans to evacute the hot air out of the engine box. Along with the extra water in the system

20. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

Good evening all. I did some sorting on the blower today. I have a couple of bends to buy. I will cut up the lexus mounting bracket to suit the back of the rover. The AFM will be mounted in a box on the right side with the filter & fed fresh air through a scoop mounted behind the front door. [​IMG]

David H likes this.