does this meet criteria for performance

Discussion in 'Performance' started by roverbay, Mar 22, 2013.

1. nils

nils Well-Known Member

Heh heh, woops. :p can't win them all.

David H likes this.
  2. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

yes true Nils but it has left me with a better idea By cutting the lever off the part with the cotter pin hole that fits onto the shifter shaft & placing it facing down I can put on a longer shifter lever to relieve the pressure need to shift with a lever only 75mm long so goods things come from fails.

3. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Oh My:(....but keep at it. How'd the Torago roof go?
    Cheers

4. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

this is the final set up for the intermediate shaft between the Toyota gearbox the Nissan transfercase. Hi Lux double cardan joint with the a Toyota spline welded to it. the spline is needed for plunge between the 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

nils and David H like this.
  5. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

Good evening all. I did some last minute stuff on the steering column today sorted the lower bracket mount set up. The position of the wheel is good I can now set up the seat to line up square with the wheel & pedals. I bought a new accelerator pedal & clutch & brake pedals to use in place of the Original VW stuff

[​IMG]

I have a bit of work to do on the floor getting the glue off & derusting it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lift I'm aiming for

[​IMG]

The next Modification to get a better area of wipe

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    David H likes this.
  6. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

I figured out away to hide the engine from view

[​IMG]

New pedal $25 free delivery simple cable set up good quality product for the price

[​IMG]
    pedal pads to move pedals over to line up better leg position simple job of cutting pad of & threading the posts
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    David H likes this.
  7. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

Yesterday was deciding day for what to do with the position of the alternator. there are 2 alternatives
    1st is to run it of a hydraulic motor powered by a Holden Astra electric power pump
    2nd of a vee belt through a shaft facing the front of the Kombi similar to the jack shaft on a Tarago. Run it It could be an easy solve so I will be under there tomorrow with the reciprocator saw. I plan to remove the top half of the xmember. the remove section will be replaced wit 3cm x 3cm heavy walled tube welded into the bottom left over part of xmember. with some further work I hope to be able to use the factory oil filter

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  8. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

Good evening all I have had to change the wiper set up going to use pommy cable type. By turning one of the pivot gear box over it will turn it into opposed type. so on the look out for some parts on the coast. One job turned out ok. In the early days of setting transfercase & gearbox up I was using a single CV shaft. After a word with Matt Berry I had to start looking at an alternative set up. Here is the partial unit It had to have a spacer ring made to allow the Toyota flange to locate into the Nissan flange the Nissan flange had the Toyota bolt PCD drilled & tapped into it. I fitted a new centre swivel. the uni joints are the wrong size so I have to get more tomorrow. there is movement now the 1st attempt was a tight fit. the transfercase is off it's mount hence the angle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  9. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

Good afternoon all. I can't complain about the service I ordered the wiper arms off a LHD & RHD Stag from a UK firm they arrived on Friday. I'm using the articulated arm type similar to the HQWB Holden driver side wiper arm. this will allow the wiper blades to square off with the outside edge of the screen. I didn't realise the pommie ones are different to what AMI used with the local content laws at the time. so I had to order the complete blades today. this is the arms check the different bend in the 2nd arm

[​IMG]

10. peter1000

peter1000 Active Member

I would think they would have to be different to allow the opposite positions would align at diferent angles due to their arc?????? both are not in the centre
    How you going Earnie say hi to Kerry

11. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

Hi Pete we must be due for a visit if your home next week. Let me know or ring Kerry.

12. peter1000

peter1000 Active Member

sounds great don't bring tools I have plenty to keep you both occupied

13. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

G'day all. Nice new wheel box's. Now to enlarge the kombi post holes & fit the wiper system. The blades are different to OZ blades so I had to order from the UK

[​IMG]

14. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

Good evening all. a couple of pics of the Peugeot 307 wiper motor with the Lucas cable drive cut a bolted to it so I can use the cable drive to give me pantograph type wipers. the Wheel box's are new. along with the blades & arms.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017