Dog Friendly Phillip Island, Victoria

Discussion in 'Victoria' started by VeeWee, Oct 8, 2012.

1. VeeWee

VeeWee Member

The VeeDubbettes and I had a wonderful couple of days at Phillip Island last week. The weatherman said there was going to be sun, so I spontaneously rang the Cowes Caravan Park to see if they had a powered site available for the next day. We were in luck!!

http://www.cowescaravanpark.com.au/

The sites are very close together, BUT our site, number 181, was practically on the beach!! Couldn't have got much closer!! The children had a great time running between the campsite and the beach. I could sit with my G&T at the van and see them on the beach.

The showers were AWESOME!! Hot and deliciously pressurised!! After so many years of water restrictions and decrease-flow showers in our house, it was positively deluxe to have a cascading shower!! Very clean amenities, good camp kitchen and bbq area if required. Grassy area & playground for the children - AND it is DOG FRIENDLY!!! At least it is in the "off/shoulder period." Just be sure to check when you book if your 4-legged friend is welcome. Dogs are allowed on the beach up until the 1st of December I believe.

This would be a great spot for a KombiClub cruise...especially in the off season where there maybe less of "them" and more room for "us!!"

Yep, it's on my Go Back To list....

Cheers for now.

2. Chidori

Chidori Active Member

Awesome! I have a week off in a couple of weeks and was looking for a place to go... if the weather is nice, I think we might go to Phillip Island! Scooter the spoodle will love chasing the seals and penguins! ;)

3. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

Ha,ha!! Nothing like a few dead penguins to get the locals off-side:lol:

Have been meaning to get down there to see friends for ages, but it never quite seems to happen. Work is so unpredictable for the next few weeks :umm:

4. t4camper

t4camper Active Member

Will be anything but "off/shoulder period" on the last week end of October, Moto GP is at the island.

Would be plenty of namesakes for scooter to chase, doubt he would catch any.

Neil

5. Chidori

Chidori Active Member

Oh god... thanks for the heads up! In that case we may find an alternate location!
    Nothing like a few thousand motorbikes to spoil your quiet few days away.

6. VeeWee

VeeWee Member

If you do end up going at some point, try desperately to get the sites along the foreshore (see park map for the actual numbers) as these are DEFINITELY the best sites! To be stuck in the middle of the park wouldn't be my ideal...but hey! I guess the beach is not that far away from any of the sites really...just a bit "suburban" for me! You know, camper-trailers, rv's, motor homes, big ol' caravans and cabins to boot!! :lol:

Fun times ahead!!!

7. Chidori

Chidori Active Member

I cannot wait to get back to Mallacoota for that reason. Last time we were there we stayed at a house, but drove through the caravan park. We looked at all the amazing RV's people had and realised we would never be able to afford one. That's when we realised we should buy a Kombi!
    So, we can't wait to park the Kombi next to the water and throw a line in with the puppy there as well! That's if the Kombi makes it 5 hour drive!! Furthest we've been so far is Skenes Creek.